Poll: Select your preferred candidate...
This poll is closed.
Carnegie 0% 0 0%
Speedchuck 0% 0 0%
Coldblooded 15.79% 3 15.79%
Beruru 84.21% 16 84.21%
Total 19 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Discussion Mafia Cross-Community Game feat. Beruru
05-28-2015, 06:30 AM
RE: Mafia Cross-Community Game feat. Beruru
Excellent play, beru, despite all that pressure against you. I think you might be a contender for D1-only all-star nomination.

[Image: sig.gif]
05-28-2015, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 06:52 AM by AProcrastinatingWriter.)
If nothing else, we have permission from the bear herself to lynch her d1 now

So that's something!

Dumb jokes aside, Luffy is probably scum

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
05-28-2015, 11:07 PM
Is anyone participating in the skype chat? I would have checked it out myself but I can't be bothered to install skype.
05-29-2015, 04:18 AM
I am in there but i have just been lurking.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
05-29-2015, 06:40 AM
I feel like game five's showing might have been the weakest overall, since around half of the players on it seem, well, kind of terrible (few and/or shitty posts).

bears you are a saint for managing to not only deal with that but make the best out of it.

Love how angry seal guy has mostly vanished as far as I can tell (though I only skimmed parts of day two and might have just gotten lucky).
05-29-2015, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 07:10 AM by AProcrastinatingWriter.)
You got lucky; he showed up again within six or seven pages of D2 start, and I quote:
. . . actually, even though I easily could, I'm not gonna quote. Not worth it.

But seriously though, as we've all agreed, Majiffy is being a Grade-A jerk. If this is how he usually plays (and it would seem to be), what kind of mafia community would look up to . . . well, being like that enough to nominate him to be their representative at a meeting purportedly of several dozen of the best mafia players on the internet?

The Player List Wrote:Username for this game: Majiffy

Representing: Rational Skepticism

Huh. Alright then, I guess.

05-29-2015, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 07:28 AM by Druplesnubb.)
Angry Seal Guy is just showing his ignorance by failing to realize that Beru got the lynch away from someone she knew was town, got scum to waste their kill on a vanilla most people were willing to lynch anyway and pretty much townfirmed Brony Guy all in one move. Dude literally claims not lynching Beru meant town didn't get any info despite most people already making their thoughts on Beru clear, Beru dying before the next day anyway and town getting an extra townfirm.
05-29-2015, 07:47 AM
He has fallen into the info lynches are more important than lynching legit scum mentality.

Steam
05-29-2015, 07:49 AM
apw what if he volunteered and no one else did

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
05-29-2015, 08:24 AM
(05-29-2015 07:49 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote:  apw what if he volunteered and no one else did

Quite possible! All I know for sure is, if you want to avoid running over your trees when you're mowing your lawn, make sure you plant your trees with a good spread of mulch around them!

05-29-2015, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 08:51 AM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
I would just set my lawn, and everyone else, on fire. Less things clogging my lawnmower that way, overall.

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
05-29-2015, 04:24 PM
(05-29-2015 07:47 AM)anacreon Wrote:  He has fallen into the 'I am never wrong no matter what all you idiots and the stupid mods say' mentality.

I agree wholeheartedly.
06-04-2015, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 07:41 AM by Carnegie.)
Lmao Majiffy spent the end of D4 cursing at everyone and trying to get them to lynch Luffy when everyone else was voting for Chezinu

and in the end Chezinu was scum
06-04-2015, 08:00 AM
jfc Majiffy is such a train wreck oh my goodness.
06-04-2015, 04:34 PM
postgame majiffy will be regardless of flip
"i would have won/won quicker(take your pick) if the game wasn't filled with idiots"
06-08-2015, 12:58 PM
is anyone reading the wildcard decision because it's just like

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
06-08-2015, 01:48 PM
[Image: YX6ZTJ2.gif]
06-08-2015, 01:53 PM
the entire thread

someone who didnt get voted in.... their community is just creating dump accounts to just yell why phoenicks is the greatest and should have been picked

it is amazing

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
06-08-2015, 01:59 PM
ikr? I just finished reading it and its like, yikes, lmao.
06-08-2015, 02:03 PM
I find it hilarious that Majiffy is listed as banned and everyone was so excited, and then he came back and said 'I can't believe you thought I was banned idiots' and just continued being is shitty self. And then apparently he did get banned!

Regardless, congrats on your win beru!
06-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Also, is it bad that I don't really like this Phoenix guy just because nobody shuts up about him? Now I'm reading that pizza dude just ranting at his supporters and they're throwing arguments back at him and sheesh at least they're determined.

Sorry bears, but even if I was terrible I wouldn't go so out of my way as to sign up for another forum solely to make a postwall arguing for you.
06-08-2015, 02:28 PM
yw.

now, fontisian actually got wildcarded. she plays on fs, but she has played here at least once, i think. so now she has a TRIPLE mafia spirit bomb, which should help a lot.

06-08-2015, 03:41 PM
I don't actually know what's going on but

06-08-2015, 04:12 PM
the extended version is the best song in the game imo

06-08-2015, 04:28 PM
The Bad Championship Episode... is it over now?

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
08-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Hi guys!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi and let you all know that the 2015 Mafia Championship Finale has finally begun: http://www.mafiauniverse.net/threads/269...hip-Finale

Several months under way, 70 representatives from 70 different communities, and finally it's time to see who will be crowned the "best" mafia player on the interwebz ;)

If any of you would be interested in spectating and talking with others about the game (or if you just want to shoot the breeze with other mafia enthusiasts), we have a spec chat on Skype with 100+ people from many different communities. Go ahead and add me, if you'd like an invite: thingyman
08-04-2015, 10:10 AM
But font isn't there :(

08-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Indeed, she couldn't play, so cue took her spot :(
08-04-2015, 09:10 PM
i bet vaimes could do a super good font impression if he was put to the task. :P

03-29-2016, 06:39 PM
Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 3

Hello everyone, it’s that time of the year again :)

I am making this post with the hopes that your community would be interested in participating in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship. It will be bigger and more epic than ever before.

This year we’re expanding once again; 136 communities will be invited to participate, making this not only the biggest Mafia event ever, but also the largest cross-forum event in the history of the Internet. We’ve also moved the venue to Mafia Universe, a new site created largely because of this series.

Are you interested?

As always, how you decide your representative is completely up to you. To guarantee your community a spot in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship, I will need to know of your community's interest within the next week (until April 4th). Following this, you will have an additional two weeks to decide your nominee (until April 18th). Additionally, it would be a very good idea to also name an alternate.

Remember that your representative needs to be prepared to deal with a lot of activity. Expect at least upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. The representative needs to not only be able to read all this, but should also at least be able to manage making 10+ posts per day phase.

Season 3 Specifics

• 136 different communities are invited to participate. If some decline the invitation, I may opt to allow larger communities an additional nominee.
• 8 Qualifying Games will be played with 17 players each.
• 2 players advance to the Finale Game from each game based on post-game votes.
• 1 Wildcard Game will be played (Wildcards are decided by a jury consisting of former finalists), determining the 17th and final spot in the Finale. Runner-ups in this game will be first in line to replace any finalists who may have to drop out.

Season 3 Timeline & Important Dates

The first Qualifying Game is set to start April 25th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100% guarantee that this won’t happen).

Season 3 Game Design & Setup

For each season, we’ve changed it up. This time, we’re doing something new again!

The setup is called Matrix12 and is inspired by mafiascum’s popular Matrix6 setup, if any of you are familiar with that. In short, the concept is that there are 12 different possible setups and the host randomizes which one is used. The players know what setups are available, but not which one will be used!

More on the setup here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thre...-Format%29

Regarding lynch mechanics: There will be a deadline each day phase, and the person with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched, unless a majority has already been reached before then, in which case the day ends prematurely.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends).
03-30-2016, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2016 03:50 AM by phantomEclipse.)
Hey welcome back! I saw you had invited everyone over at Mafis The Syndicate, so I knew I would find it here :p

The real question is who do we have here who can to go?

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
03-30-2016, 10:51 AM
Can we also nominate Prime

03-31-2016, 07:08 AM
I mean lets see who WANTS to go first off.

From what I hear, the game can be pretty intense when in some times like game 3 of last year or not as bad, like games 1 and 2. Either way, I think it'd be good to have a lot of free time for the duration of the championship game we're in.

04-03-2016, 03:56 PM
(03-30-2016 10:51 AM)beruru Wrote:  Can we also nominate Prime

Seconded
04-04-2016, 03:22 AM
Prime Intellect is going for Fantasy Strike, so you're free to send someone else :)
04-04-2016, 12:56 PM
rekt

04-05-2016, 06:25 AM
Any of the ppl from the poll for last year interested in going this year maybe?
04-06-2016, 01:41 PM
I would totally nominate dC, Coldblooded, Acio, and Myself

but i feel that between the 4 of us, we dont have the time probably.

any objections?

@Thingyman, what's the deadline for entry?

04-06-2016, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2016 07:47 PM by anacreon.)
i would nominate dc because he would probably do decently regardless of his alignment although i would like to see scum dc in there. I kind of want to nominate Sotek provided he isnt repping fantasy strike.

I kind of want to nominate from the eagle time peoples like Sruxian and any of the others that happen to be here provided eagle time hasn't been invited.

Steam
04-06-2016, 08:34 PM
That's why I said "also" nominate prime, I represented both sites not really but kind of least year so prime can do that too

04-07-2016, 06:47 AM
(04-06-2016 01:41 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  I would totally nominate dC, Coldblooded, Acio, and Myself

but i feel that between the 4 of us, we dont have the time probably.

any objections?

@Thingyman, what's the deadline for entry?

I would prefer knowing by the end of this week whether you at least have one volunteer, so that I know for sure I can lock down a spot for you guys. As for actually deciding the rep though, you have until April 18.
04-07-2016, 06:48 AM
beruru, you wouldn't be interested? :P
04-08-2016, 04:00 PM
I know like at least 10 of the nominees this time so scheduling would suck

Also I haven't played in like a year because school got Serious Time on me

04-09-2016, 08:25 PM
None of that is an issue, beruru, as long as you would have time to play during a 2-3 week stretch somewhere in between April 25 and mid-late June :)

Come on, guys, don't let Chocolate Pi not be represented this year :P
04-10-2016, 12:43 AM
just send in a picture of a pie and that will be our contestant. They are not lurking.

Just... ruminating.

04-10-2016, 03:30 AM
Just send in a hydra, but the hydra is the entire community
04-12-2016, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 05:48 PM by phantomEclipse.)
i mean, i'll throw my hat in the ring. why not?

no guarantee ill be able to play, but we need some nominations

04-13-2016, 01:56 AM
Thank god, one volunteer! Chocolate Pi is guaranteed representation, yay :)

@phantomEclipse

I'll give it a few days to see if you have any challengers, but if not, I'm sending you a Doodle and you can just cross of the dates that will suit your schedule well :)
08-16-2016, 11:43 PM
Hello guys

Once again, thanks for participating in this year's Mafia Championship. It was great to have you be represented, and hopefully you'll be there for next year's season as well :)

I thought you might be interested to know that the finale for this season finally started yesterday. 136 communities, 9 games and almost 6 months later - it's finally time for the final 17 players to battle it out to find out which player will earn the title of the Internet's best mafia/werewolf player.

Want to spectate the finale?

If any people from your community are interested in following along and spectating, you can find the game thread here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/3255-Season-3-Final-Game-The-Koopa-Troop-DAY-ONE

The OP post contains a spoiler box called "Threadmarks". Inside this, a table of links to important events will be automatically generated. I.e. it will link to the various day and night starts, for example, making it easier for spectators to get an overview of the game. Day 1 ends tonight at 8 PM EST.

If you'd also like to chat with other spectators about the game, we have a huge chat on Skype with almost 200 people. If you're a social butterfly, this is also just a great opportunity to talk with other mafia/werewolf enthusiasts about whatever - it's a very friendly bunch. Join this chat by adding me on Skype: thingyman (the one with a picture).

Additionally, you can also join the on-site spectator thread by PM'ing "Thingyman" on the site. Note that activation emails will probably go to your spam folder. If you are having trouble with anything, try PM'ing me here.

Hydra event interest?

At least a dozen different communities this year expressed an interest in a so-called "hydra event". If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the idea is that each participating community can send a hydra of two players, the advantage of which is that it's maybe easier to be active when two players are both playing on the same account, and it's also just a lot of fun.

If you are interested in participating in such an event, do let me know and I'll start making a list of interested communities. I don't expect all 135 communities to participate in this at all, so it'll most likely be a smaller thing and obviously it will just be for fun.