Who's Online feature and Invisibility
04-07-2015, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2015 11:50 AM by amosmyn.)
Who's Online feature and Invisibility
Hey guys. I just activated the Who's Online feature.
If any of you wish to not have your name on said list for whatever reason, remember to set yourself to appear invisible in your user setting.

Feel free to make any comments etc with regards to it here.
If you're opposed to having it, feel free to voice your concerns.

Also...
http://forum.chocolatepi.net/online.php
04-07-2015, 11:38 AM
RE: Who's Online feature and Invisibility
Neato!

Although I noticed some of the links at the bottom of the page link to "eplforums.net" and not "forum.chocolatepi.net". Might be worth fixing, as some of those links do lead to valid pages when the URL is manually typed in.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
04-07-2015, 11:47 AM
For sure. The same issue comes up if you've ever tried to use that search feature at the top right of the webpage.
04-07-2015, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2015 04:05 PM by Carnegie.)
Quote: You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

This happened upon attempting to click that link?

The only possible issue I can see it being is the last one on that list, but I'm doubtful a direct link would be the issue here.

EDIT: Also, not sure if this goes here, but I think they're related, so: The "Forum Stats" thing next to Board Statistics leads to a broken link on the wrong forum.
04-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Actually thats kind of great that regular users cant access that link.
It displays to staff the current activity of users and what threads they're viewing; its not a feature I'm keen on having active for the sake of peoples privacy. Whos Online is one thing, but revealing instantaneous activity is another.

Really need to make a duplicate account for staff to use to test out features not intended to be accessible by regular users.

I have no idea what eplforums is but yeah, its part of the same issue Teh brought up. Hope to deal with it soon.