Complete City Slickers Mafia: Scorched Earth [Town + 3P Victory]
06-11-2015, 08:50 AM
RE: [20/20] City Slickers Mafia [Day One: Internal Combustion]
Oh wait, someone voted the mod.

Unvote
Vote yd12k
06-11-2015, 08:51 AM
No, wait, that may have just been a question to the mod.

It's hard to tell when people occasionally forget to put the word 'lynch' or 'vote' in front of their target's name.
06-11-2015, 08:52 AM
(06-11-2015 08:46 AM)Vaimes Wrote:  Uh. Okay.

That's kind of a weird thing to say when all I did was RVS someone.

what I'm saying is you're scum. :D
06-11-2015, 08:54 AM
You know who might actually be scum? beruru.

So many posts, yet so much fluffage.

Also, are beruru and Garuru like. Related? Serious question.
06-11-2015, 08:59 AM
(06-11-2015 08:54 AM)Vaimes Wrote:  So many posts, yet so much fluffage.

Alright, class: raise your hand if you can find the irony in this sentence

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
06-11-2015, 09:10 AM
(06-11-2015 08:22 AM)Sugar Derby Wrote:  @APW & Anacreon I guess - I just think 5 votes is plenty of pressure on someone, my vote wouldn't really add more pressure. At least if I had 5 votes on me and then someone cast another vote for me, I wouldn't be in more of a hurry to defend myself, but I suppose that's just me.

Also I didn't deadline vote him as I see deadline voting as a tool to use if you know your going to be gone for a while and want to vote, but not necessarily cause a lynch you wouldn't agree with given the information that may come up while you are gone. Like if I was going to be gone for a while, I would have deadline voted/would deadline vote dC. But I'm not so *shrug*.

Lastly, my time would be better spent letting the other people pressure dC that already are and were before I was, while I try to find other things to nit pick at. Probably more yapping than I need to do, but hey free look into my meta. Still not gonna vote rn.

Whose vote on DC do you like the least?
06-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Acio. ACIO HELP NOBODY IS TOWN WHAT IS THIS GAME

(06-11-2015 07:17 AM)AProcrastinatingWriter Wrote:  @amos: Cop check: when and how

you're not serious ?!

How is Vaimes able to run himself quicker into the ground d1 than I am?

Sugar Derby is actually probably town based on how he defended himself so like w/e he's town too.

Oz is actively lurking. Oz please contribute something :-(

dC is dC and I don't know what town dC really looks like anymore because it's been so long. I think all the meta votes going that way are weird?

(06-10-2015 04:20 PM)Carnegie Wrote:  Vote dC Can't even risk it at this point

There's already so many posts and it's only been 2 hours wow

What is this? What does this mean?

I sure hope anac sticks around because that one post sure was garbage! Giving three bad scumreads and then voting the one the wagon is on. Like, that did nothing. Vote Anacreon do things

Uh sotek is alright for now in my books and he's going to be mostly pro-town from the first couple days regardless of his alignment.

please everyone be less scummy bye

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
06-11-2015, 09:34 AM
I get that a lot when I'm town.

You might be my first townread. Please be careful with it.
06-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Why were anacreon's scumreads bad, specifically?

06-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Well, this is new. Normally I have to actually threaten someone before they start accusing me of things I didn't do.
06-11-2015, 09:44 AM
(06-11-2015 09:35 AM)AProcrastinatingWriter Wrote:  Why were anacreon's scumreads bad, specifically?
"I want to vote Dank Memes because that vote clearly wasn't random."
I'm racking my brains to figure out why this is relevant to anything in mafia?

"I want to vote sugar derby for pressuring without voting."
Closer to legitimate but I can't see a good play where someone makes this point and then goes for the wagon anyway.

(06-11-2015 09:35 AM)OzTheWizard Wrote:  Well, this is new. Normally I have to actually threaten someone before they start accusing me of things I didn't do.
Thought more had happened between your genuine involvement and your post to let us know how many seconds were in 120 hours. I was mistaken. Carry on.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
06-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Aaaaand the third bad one?

06-11-2015, 09:47 AM
dC because he didn't add anything new to it.
see: the read on sugar derby

-Henry David Thoreau
06-11-2015, 10:02 AM
What could i have possibly added to the dc vote reasons? beru, sotek, acio, and apw covered why his post was bad.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
06-11-2015, 10:14 AM
(06-11-2015 09:12 AM)Mister Visceral Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 04:20 PM)Carnegie Wrote:  Vote dC Can't even risk it at this point

There's already so many posts and it's only been 2 hours wow

What is this? What does this mean?

Need to catch up but I saw this so I will respond now

It was literally just an RVS, a joke on how DC was scum two times in a row

I think I'm going to Unvote while I'm at it since I've got other scumvibes but first let me catch up
06-11-2015, 10:21 AM
Anyway, Arguing with MV aside
Vaimes is just confusing me to the point that i am getting drunk on the wine he is pulling.
Not going to lie i kind of didnt think about the Carengie vote due to just passing it off as a rvs vote.

Steam
06-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Soooo the DCwagon is obviously way too fast and I have obviously forgotten how to town after so many games as scum.

@Sugar: My Garu vote isn't actually random! His lack of concern around the whole you-know-what thing (yes, even after the mod confirming a lack of penalty) is veeeeery slightly indicative of having some specific reason not to care. Like, y'know, being aligned with Sir immolates-a-lot. Was more than I had on anybody else.

Dank's not worth voting for because pretending your vote is random when it isn't is not a scumtell. Yes, it looks like one, but I've seen it in enough games now to note that in practice it just...isn't. It's well known enough that scum avoid it enough that it's not alignment indicative. I explained my reasoning for the same reason people explain their votes: To try to get people to agree with me and also not waste their time voting for Dank at this stage of the game. Which I guess worked, although not in the fashion I expected.

yd12k question was legit, if anyone now voted Acio for bandwagoning they'd be called out for bs. I was trying to make a point with the question, that point being "bandwagoning ISN'T something to vote someone over or nobody would ever get lynched, so what ELSE is motivating your vote?".

As for the people ON my wagon...Oz seems fine, beru seems like beru, I don't like Acio because that vote timing and self-assured tone were perfect to "force" the wagon, Sotek was probably just following Acio, and the Deadline Squad could be either or.

PREVIEW EDIT: Carnegie's unvote strikes me as good because first on a wagon a whole lot of other players have put a stake in with a vote placed as RVS is a really nice position for scum. So unless the unvote is wine that's indicative of town thinking.

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
06-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Man there was a lot less catching up than I thought I had to do, some of y'all (Vaimes) are just rapid-fire posting

Hmm gonna Vote Anac because of those weak reads, they bothered me before I even saw Mr. Visceral's post. Particularly since I don't think claiming a non-RVS vote is RVS is scummy (especially since they're new to this group and I relate), hence why I didn't vote for him when I asked that question.

I feel like the dC train very quickly began beating a dead horse. Very quickly. Saying "I have nothing to add" helps nothing when there's already a wagon on someone?

@Sotek: What about Vaimes' single post made you instantly scumread him? Was it that he tried to RVS when discussion was moving away from it? I'm not so sure he knows any better given his following posts.

This got ninja'd by DC and anac himself I'll read those l8r
06-11-2015, 10:33 AM
(06-11-2015 10:29 AM)Carnegie Wrote:  Particularly since I don't think claiming a non-RVS vote is RVS is scummy

For clarification: In this case I don't think it was scummy. I'm sure there are times when doing this is scummy, it just didn't strike me as scummy this time
06-11-2015, 10:38 AM
(06-11-2015 10:29 AM)Carnegie Wrote:  Man there was a lot less catching up than I thought I had to do, some of y'all (Vaimes) are just rapid-fire posting

Hmm gonna Vote Anac because of those weak reads, they bothered me before I even saw Mr. Visceral's post. Particularly since I don't think claiming a non-RVS vote is RVS is scummy (especially since they're new to this group and I relate), hence why I didn't vote for him when I asked that question.

I feel like the dC train very quickly began beating a dead horse. Very quickly. Saying "I have nothing to add" helps nothing when there's already a wagon on someone?

@Sotek: What about Vaimes' single post made you instantly scumread him? Was it that he tried to RVS when discussion was moving away from it? I'm not so sure he knows any better given his following posts.

This got ninja'd by DC and anac himself I'll read those l8r

It's ... uhhh, it's actually hard to explain?
I've played with Vaimes a bit and I kind of know what town-vaimes looks like, and that didn't look like him.

but it's very vibesy.
06-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Lynch: Acio simply because his DC vote was the most "I just want DC lynched, I don't really care why" out of them (with Sotek a reasonably close second), and 139 is actually subtly false (Chatterboxing is my PLAYER meta, not my scum meta, and fluffposting in that scenario would have been simply accusing and voting Dank) which given how insightful Acio usually is kind of sets off some alarm bells.

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
06-11-2015, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 11:27 AM by Dank Memes.)
#ohshitifuckedup

I fucked up bad.

To confirm: Garuru was totally not a random vote, I voted him cos he voted me. And also bandwagoning.

BUT. I didn't mean to assert that my vote was random, I just thought everyone was deciding to lynch Garuru at random. Tbh it was actually a little early to be assuming that in retrospect but #ohwell

AND SO. Unvote. That was petty of me. And sorry for the ensuing confusion y'all.
06-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Yo Dank, you're not supposed to edit your posts in games on this forum since we don't have a quick-edit function or anything. No big deal, just figured it was important to point out.

06-11-2015, 12:03 PM
that's an interesting dc wagon
honestly i disagree w dc about acio being most suspicous
anac's vote is super sketchy and ugh
vaimes's "you're my first townread" post seems really ??? but i've never played w them
06-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Anybody question:

Who do you think is more likely scum between youdont/dank/vaimes

Carnegie/Visceral:

What's your read on Oz and each other? And I'd like to know your answer to the anybody question too.
06-11-2015, 12:17 PM
ty for reminder dc, will not do again.
06-11-2015, 12:31 PM
@acio
vaimes just because of his odd posts
yd12k and dank haven't really posted anything that i dislike
06-11-2015, 12:34 PM
@Acio: I think yd12k, I didn't like #124 (as I said before, wagoning isn't a reason for a vote by itself so invoking it as a vote reason BY ITSELF triggers the "needless explanation" alarms)

06-11-2015, 12:43 PM
Acio: I think Vaimes. yd12k looks completely ordinary, and all I'm getting out of dank is "new player".
06-11-2015, 01:02 PM
those last two dank posts scream that he is a new player. Which kind of nulls my initial thoughts on him.

hard pressed i would actually say vimes but that is mostly due to the fact that yd hasnt really set off any alarm bells for me yet.

Steam
06-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Hey donut, how come you're still camped out on your yd12k vote? Especially with those comments about anac...

06-11-2015, 01:40 PM
At the risk of sounding redundant, I'd have to say Vaimes as well.

Well, I was going to, but now

(06-11-2015 12:31 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  @acio
vaimes just because of his odd posts
yd12k and dank haven't really posted anything that i dislike

Well that's odd, since as dichotomousCreator just pointed out you're kinda voting yd12k - and it was way too late in the day to be calling it a random vote, ye? So I guess I'd have to say Dank by association at this point! Being new to a game - and playing that way - doesn't prevent one from being scum, after all!

Though while I'm waiting on donut's inevitable explanation, I would like to point out that I don't like this from dC:

(06-11-2015 10:50 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Lynch: Acio simply because his DC vote was the most "I just want DC lynched, I don't really care why" out of them (with Sotek a reasonably close second), and 139 is actually subtly false (Chatterboxing is my PLAYER meta, not my scum meta, and fluffposting in that scenario would have been simply accusing and voting Dank) which given how insightful Acio usually is kind of sets off some alarm bells.

Never like when a reason for a person's primary scumread is "they were on my wagon in a way I don't like". Far too many flags.

Yo Dank Memes, let's say someone hands you a gun, right now, effectively giving you control of the lynch vote. Who do you kill?

06-11-2015, 01:52 PM
(06-11-2015 12:16 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Anybody question:

Who do you think is more likely scum between youdont/dank/vaimes

Dank, because I could totally believe him jumping on the wagon "for teh lolz" and then fooling around and getting away with it. I mean especially if someone is gonna turn the vote off of DC, which im almost positive we will

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
06-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Yeah, actually, I'm gonna

Unvote
Vote beruru

People who think I'm weird/odd/???: rude (not really). But seriously, in what way? Consider asking me things if something isn't clear?

Also, I don't know a lot of you! So consider writing brief introductions (why you picked your username, your mafia experience, your playstyle, etc.) before we really get cracking.
06-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Hey vaimes, you know better about beru. She fluffs independently of alignment, she's town if she has actual content as well, and she's ... well, had nonzero content.
06-11-2015, 02:07 PM
(06-11-2015 02:02 PM)Vaimes Wrote:  So consider writing brief introductions (why you picked your username, your mafia experience, your playstyle, etc.)

Acio is bad, dont listen to him at all, he just spouts random ideas all the time

I am the president, so listen to me.

Also Acio never dies so have fun listening to him for the rest of the game

i didnt mean it acio, i swear <3

plz dont lynch me

06-11-2015, 02:07 PM
@Vaimes the weirdness came from you kind voting acio then voting yd12k then calling beru scum in a short time span across several posts.

Steam
06-11-2015, 02:12 PM
(06-11-2015 02:06 PM)Sotek Wrote:  Hey vaimes, you know better about beru. She fluffs independently of alignment, she's town if she has actual content as well, and she's ... well, had nonzero content.

Yeah, but I'd have expected her to say /something/ game relevant by now.

I'll give it some time.

Because last time I waffled on voting her, she endgame'd me. ,_, I'm following my feelings for now.
06-11-2015, 02:14 PM
(06-11-2015 02:07 PM)anacreon Wrote:  @Vaimes the weirdness came from you kind voting acio then voting yd12k then calling beru scum in a short time span across several posts.

I threw down an RVS vote before reading anything. Usually I pick someone I have played with before, so I picked Acionyx.

I voted yd12k because I thought he voted the mod, and the last two games I played in scum have modvoted. So I was like, nope.

And now I'm voting beruru because at the moment I think she might be scum!
06-11-2015, 02:16 PM
(06-11-2015 12:16 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Who do you think is more likely scum between youdont/dank/vaimes
I don't have strong feelings about a single one of them yet. Dank seems townier than the other two, who are nothing to me yet.

(06-11-2015 12:16 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  What's your read on Oz and each other? And I'd like to know your answer to the anybody question too.

I think Carnegie is great! He's contributed a lot so far, seems towny and impartial at the moment, and is thinking through the game.

Oz is Oz so far! He's fine.

-Henry David Thoreau
06-11-2015, 02:18 PM
So regarding Vaimes, I'm getting "sticks out by playstyle" vibes (i.e. approaches the game differently to a lot of the other players here) which come off as largely null. I know a lot of people are used to voting down anything that looks different because different = scummy when we all have similar townplay, but it might be worth taking a step back here.

Official "DC discourages votes for these people" list: Vaimes, Dank Memes, Carnegie, Mister Visceral. List qualifications: Either towny behaviour or null (IMO) behaviour that people are jumping on as scummy (thus distracting everyone from looking for ACTUALLY scummy behaviour).

@Vaimes: Do you disagree that beru's post #128 where she votes for me with provided reasoning is game-relevant? If so, why? If not, is it just not ENOUGH content for you at the moment?

06-11-2015, 02:26 PM
(06-11-2015 02:18 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  So regarding Vaimes, I'm getting "sticks out by playstyle" vibes (i.e. approaches the game differently to a lot of the other players here) which come off as largely null. I know a lot of people are used to voting down anything that looks different because different = scummy when we all have similar townplay, but it might be worth taking a step back here.

[Image: NEbxQ.gif]

-Henry David Thoreau
06-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Oh, I missed that post. That's actually pretty okay. I'll let my vote simmer for a bit though.

There's also something else I noticed on that page that makes me go hmm, which I guess I'll come back to if/when/? it becomes relevant. Reminder to myself + everyone to come back to this post if I'm about to be lynched.
06-11-2015, 02:36 PM
dichotomousCreator reminds me of Caph.

I want to trust him.

Hm.
06-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Dont trust him, he's a slippery snake, as well as he has been scum 3 games in a row

why not a fourth?

or at least that's probably the logic behind the people voting on his wagon

06-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Okay, but how well did he perform as scum those three times? Did he dupe everyone, all day every day?
06-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Despite the x-files theme I 100% believe that there are multiple scum teams in this game, pilot's flavour rule be damned. Like, I will only stop believing if a scum flips neither chandelier nor dragon thingy. That's it.

Unless there's three, of course. :V

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
06-11-2015, 02:46 PM
I am also deep in the secondary tinfoil of "what if the police are the Actual Scumteam because neither of the flavours REALLY count because pilots flavour rule" but that's the real tinfoil compared to my 100% valid not actually a conspiracy theory

Like, I know people aren't even acknowledging my Epic First Post Lol but I am actually serious for once sorry.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
06-11-2015, 02:47 PM
@visceral

What's with the 180 on Oz after one post

06-11-2015, 02:49 PM
My scum games so far have been:
FTL Mafia - Successfully fakeclaimed cop through endgame, decent performance overall (although I was skirting the top of the to-lynch list quite a bit). Easily my best mafia game so far for any alignment.
Adventure Mafia - Basically fell flat on my face into a standard scumtell and got lynched, costing the scumteam an amazing position they had set up
Traffic Jam Mafia - Middle of the road performance, hyperbussing worked okay and I had a number of people not really considering me...unfortunately, the CPR doc WAS and I didn't ask for a doc when I should have (there was a scumdoc) so I got killed.

Overall I think average performance with high variance best describes my scumplay to date.

Feel free to corroborate this with others since someone talking about their OWN meta is kinda dodgy, I just never trust pE to give a straight answer to anything :v

@beru: For what it's worth I'm fairly sure THE ENFORCER (too lazy to do colours) is not part of any player's ability, and the mere existence of it in flavour makes the police less likely to be a faction.

Also I have a comment on the Visceral/Oz situation that I will reserve until Visceral responds to you.