Complete City Slickers Mafia: Scorched Earth [Town + 3P Victory]
08-12-2015, 07:44 AM
RE: City Slickers Mafia: Scorched Earth [Town + 3P Victory]
yeah but we couldn't lynch darude, because he was scum.
08-12-2015, 07:58 AM
what sotek said about that. mafia lurkers are (generally) going to be lynched after town lurkers because the other mafia try and push it away
08-12-2015, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 08:34 AM by OzTheWizard.)
Uhm... guys, Darude was the other Doctor. The actual Seamstress was yd12k. I don't think anybody actually tried to lynch him.

EDIT: Yes, D2's was "do we lynch this lurking Doctor or this other lurking Doctor?"
08-12-2015, 08:33 AM
The game is Actually Over and people are still trying to figure out who scum are

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
08-12-2015, 08:38 AM
ha ha ha wow.

yeah, gdmn.

anyway yes. my point stands. we weren't going to lynch lurking scum there because there were lurking town.
08-12-2015, 08:42 AM
When you need protection, trust turbolurking doctors.
Always there when you need them.
08-12-2015, 08:55 AM
(08-12-2015 08:33 AM)AProcrastinatingWriter Wrote:  The game is Actually Over and people are still trying to figure out who scum are
psh, we all know apw is just trying to avoid being scumread
08-12-2015, 08:57 AM
APW is the best secret scum. Not even the game mods figured out that APW was scum the entire time :P

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
08-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Funfax: if I hadn't been spoiled by premature Deadchat postings sugar derby was the slot I was taking

Was mega annoyed when you lynched it (because I specifically read it as probable town)
08-12-2015, 09:16 AM
(08-12-2015 08:57 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Funfax: if I hadn't been spoiled by premature Deadchat postings sugar derby was the slot I was taking

Was mega annoyed when you lynched it (because I specifically read it as probable town)

yeah, I figured it was probable town, but also I figured we literally could not lynch scum at that point so we *had* to lynch lurkers to have the potential of lynching scum later.
08-12-2015, 09:21 AM
the whole reason we avoided darude cause pilot was like: "he is a friend and will probably be back"

so it was like, fine okay, lets get the other one

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
08-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Basically, Darude is a friend of mine and he was involved in a woodworking accident that left him unable to type for two weeks or so.

Hence why I had to seek out a replacement for his slot.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
08-12-2015, 10:04 AM
That sounds like mafia role flavour.
08-12-2015, 10:09 AM
(08-12-2015 06:21 AM)Sotek Wrote:  Well, it took several days before we had "meaningful flips" because of the giant pile of mess:

- D1 lynch was weirdo.
- D1 nk was obv-town Acio.
- D2 we literally couldn't lynch scum and probably couldn't lynch anyone but an inactive, and so we did and learned nothing.
- N2 amos happened and No Information existed.
- D3 ... we finally lynch dC and now we know things.

like, we had D1-levels of information until D4.

Now, part of that was because of way too many afks (especially D2 being a shitshow, and also the shot on acio - imagine if we had a doctor who contemplated doing the metaprotect?!) but part of it was the game design (amos's power, no bonus-kills early when you normally have that in big games).

like ... imagine if there was a vig, or if Oz was a bodystacking SK. D2 would have opened with someone other than Acio dead, and we would have learned someone's alignment.

Hooray! I was useful! :V

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
08-12-2015, 10:29 AM
...Imagine if we had gone with our original plan for D2? Cutting the power on the hammering vote, then shooting pE?
08-12-2015, 10:43 AM
we probably should have went through with it. xD

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
08-12-2015, 10:57 AM
I find it really weird that my role was so similar to the scumteam's superpower..........
08-13-2015, 12:07 PM
i was paging through quicktopics finally and uh
i didn't realize that scumteam thought i was penthouser for a fair bit
go me, accidentally misleading scum
08-14-2015, 03:26 AM
pilot do you think you could explain that little bit of story you added at the end?

im assuming it ties into Radio Tower Mafia somehow?

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
08-14-2015, 03:35 AM
the "anti-late fedex movement" thing that was the last story bit is the start of one of his early mafias, potato cult mafia
08-14-2015, 05:09 AM
Yeah, Donut's got it right. Some of the characters you saw here were in potatofia, and this game gave their backstories. How Andrea became a cyborg sociopath, what Ivan's deal is (he winds up trapped in the wilds of the Southern Islands and needs to escape as the survivor), how the factions from that game formed (Epicboxlanders was a codename for the Fellowship, and the divide created between Archibald and his wife gave rise to the Potato Cult). Also Andrea and Johan give rise to the Federation, who made their first appearance in earnest in Frozen Hearts.

As for this Thaddeus guy and why he shares a suspect surname with another high-profile character, that's for later.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
08-14-2015, 05:33 AM
did we ever find out who that guy was in radio tower who decided to go to tge past in endgame story
08-14-2015, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2015 06:51 PM by Mirdini.)
Hup I'm back and in a state to post so let me also say that this game was a lot of fun, thanks for running it Pilot! Your flavor was also amazing (and if anyone hasn't read it GO DO SO IT'S EXCELLENT).

APW my SUPER YELLING at you on the last day you were alive was pretty exaggerated - I was feeling rather exasperated and worried you'd lose us the game (nice bluff :B) but I wasn't actually angry enough to lose typing coherency. I just felt that maybe that way I'd get through to you :P

RE: The variance inherent in the setup and how things played out I think that all things considered it was more balanced than some of the games we've seen running around in the past? Yeah, this game could've been a stomp in either direction but that's the case with any setup depending on the players filling the slots. Still not convinced that the town-sided bias due to the Penthouse was significantly large (though Acio's 'it narrows down PoE' point is deserved), especially considering the game came down to last man standing despite lurkers on both sides of the equation.

REGARDLESS, n' I won't beat around the bush this is obviously particularly directed at beru but I've seen other folks make this mistake before, no matter how unbalanced the setup might be that is zero justification for taking that out on the mod personally. Or criticizing/threatening the setup while the game's still running and players (you) don't have complete information. By all means, if the game ends and all the flips go up and it turns out the game was broken you can constructively criticize the setup, and if you've lost faith in the mod feel free to refuse to join their games in the future.

What's pretty much unacceptable in my eyes is either browbeating/threatening the mod while the game's running, or saying 'this setup was awful the mod is awful lol' after the game ends without any constructive indication as to what you thought was so terrible about it.

And finally I'm pretty sure you forfeit your right to talk shit about a game when you spend all but one-two days of it lurking and force the mod to eventually replace you :|

Anyway to not end on that note I'm totes looking forward to awards and I'll restate my already-noted-in-Skype request that you don't give up on closed setups completely Pilot, since it's quite obvious that almost all of your players really enjoyed this one.
08-14-2015, 07:05 PM
Nothing new to add, but I agree with everything dini said (and mentioned as much in the deadchat while the game was running too)

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
08-15-2015, 02:07 AM
After some time to cool off some of my frustration yeah the game did end up kind of balanced (just in a framework that I personally did not enjoy very much)

Endgame would have been fine-ish if not for the triple vanilla confirm destroying more legitimate (not relying on seamstress) paths to winning but that was a mistake that I only think is blatant in hindsight
08-15-2015, 03:45 AM
yeah, flavor-games have all kinds of secret pitfalls.

and I mean, part of the confirm, at least from my end, was that Mirdini was actually willing to accept me as town and move on, after we'd spent most of the game lightly sparring. So that had me on a *dini* confirm.

Donut was only confirmed to me when I realized that both you and the afk wanted him lynched! had nothing to do with being vanilla.
08-15-2015, 04:06 AM
sotek was confirmed with his reaction to my 'claim', because it seemed super sincere and i didn't think a scum!tek would have that reaction

dini was just PoE and i considered him scummy until the last day when nola flipped and then i decided on acio
08-15-2015, 04:32 AM
btw, donut, about your claim: I was like 80% sure you were lying, actually! I was just trying to act like I believed it in case scum would slip.

(and that 20% was a horrid possibility, augh.)
08-16-2015, 10:15 AM
Dini's meta argument about the flavor was actually invalid: I hadn't received my flavor by that point either, but there's was no way for me to debunk his read without outing myself and confirming Sotek anyways.
08-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Ah, the good ol' "you're wrong about why I'm scum" conundrum.