Complete Crooks Hollow IV: S.S.D.G. MAX - DAY 2 - GAME OVER, SCUM WIN
09-25-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Crooks Hollow IV: Suborbital Space Drop Gunshower MAX - DAY 1 - 24/24
[Image: ea6338ebd38e2bf45e6ca2879aaa7bbf.jpg]
09-25-2015, 04:51 PM
How exactly does the cycling work? Does the player with the gun get to cycle before or after they take the shot?

Tumblr/Steam
09-25-2015, 04:51 PM
(CB, Vancho, Pala, Mirdini, Donut, Anac, you're deff going to want to go back a page if you haven't already by the time you've read this)
09-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Dammit.

Hey Anac, could you please make so that me and Pala get the best spots on the roulette chain and Vancho gets the absolute worst? Thanks in advance.

Tumblr/Steam
09-25-2015, 04:54 PM
carnegie i saw that i have been drafted into a game of granola bar flavor russian roulette.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
09-25-2015, 04:56 PM
You ninja'd me. Rude
09-25-2015, 04:57 PM
CLICK.

The Gun is on Chamber Two

Anac: please choose the turn order of the players.

Players on the Third or Fifth chamber may Cycle the Cylinder before they shoot.
09-25-2015, 04:59 PM
granola how much time do i have to decide the order? since i kind of want to discuss it with the other people you drafted into this game.

Steam
09-25-2015, 05:01 PM
For reference: Cycling just resets the count. It's analogous to re-spinning the barrel of the revolver. So if you cycle, your odds of death go back down to 1 in 6 but the game is prolonged. (Correct me if I am incorrect)

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
09-25-2015, 05:02 PM
One hour. If you don't have an order picked by then I will designate a starting order myself.
09-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Nola if someone gets "shot" are you suivigging them or is this a role power?
09-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Okay so assuming that everyone chooses to cycle whenever they have the chance, then I believe the even numbered players should have slightly better odds of surviving than the odd numbered players?

In that case I suggest this order: (Vancho, Pala, Donut, CB, Dini, Anacreon.)

Vancho, Donut, and Dini each have a 20% of death. Me, Pala, and Anacreon each get a 16.66% chance. Assuming that someone earlier on the list doesn't eat bullet first of course.

Tumblr/Steam
09-25-2015, 05:11 PM
cb how do feel about going 3rd aka you get the first reroll?
Here is the order i am thinking. This isnt offical granola.

Anac
Donut
CB
Vancho
Pala
Mirdini

Steam
09-25-2015, 05:11 PM
I wish this were a badass role power but no, I'm plain ol' suivigging them.
09-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Hmm...well without cycling it's actually an equal chance of death to everyone. So assuming cycling is a strict advantage (which it is since it's an optional action), yeah put Vancho first (well, second after anac). Best positions are probably the one after Vancho and the last one (assuming everyone cycles at the third chamber the third and sixth people will get to cycle)

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
09-25-2015, 05:18 PM
Welp good luck to the 6 of you
09-25-2015, 05:21 PM
(09-25-2015 05:11 PM)anacreon Wrote:  Anac
Donut
CB
Vancho
Pala
Mirdini

I'd personally like to see Vancho switch places with Donut so that he gets the worst spot, but yeah, otherwise this list seems fine enough.

Tumblr/Steam
09-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Granola here is the order for now if i dont change it when time is up then use this.
Vancho
CB
Donut
Pala
Mirdini
Anac

Steam
09-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Oh hang on you cycle before taking your turn, so the first cycler is whoever's third, then it repeatedly skips a player

That means even places are bad and odd places are good.

With that in mind yeah I agree with what CB said. The scummy --> towny order should be 2nd --> 4th --> 6th --> 1st --> 3rd --> 5th if I'm correct (odd-numbered players have 1 in 6 odds of death, even-numbered players have 1 in 5, and later players on average need to take less turns than earlier ones. If I ran the numbers it might turn out that 1st place is worse than 6th, but anac's already fired so)

09-25-2015, 05:28 PM
EBWOP: My model assumes anac is locked into first place (i.e. in anac's above list Vancho is actually second, not first)

09-25-2015, 05:46 PM
actually granola i am locking in that order.

Steam
09-25-2015, 05:46 PM
(09-25-2015 04:34 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  I guess this at least maybe kind of led to Vancho getting some additional attention possibly I don't know Pala lynchers still need to explain their shit btw but I don't think they've posted since I asked last time. Seriously why are there three people on him and why does nobody else find this odd?

well, oz hasn't checked in to change his randavote or posted in a whiiiile, dini had actual reasons but will probably unvote whenever he has time to read the thread (bc his reasons were mistaken due to pala missing posts), and sbeast is being obstinate. soooo....2 of those people are currently busy and will almost definitely quite reasonably unvote, and the other one is...well my assumption is that sbeast is someone who tends to make choices that read as scummy?

it's only really a Thing if it's taken in the context of other Things or if you want to make it a Thing. and we don't need to make things into Things to get gameplay going when we have you around to provide already-capitalized ones <:D

we should poke sbeast if they keep on doing jack shit but...right now it just feels like there are bigger fish to fry, better fish to pressure. gotta keep it on the radar but you don't have to track it down

anyways that's why no one else is kicking up a fuss about it I think :o

@this roulette stuff so no one screams that I'm ignoring it: im too tired to deal with this nonsense today was a long day im sleep for 10 hours and then see what's what
09-25-2015, 06:11 PM
The Gun is on Chamber Two.

Vancho: it is your turn to shoot.

(I too am going to sleep soon. As I said earlier, keep playing and I'll keep track of the bullet and let everyone know if it goes off once I'm back.)

Current Roulette Order: Vancho
CB
Donut
Pala
Mirdini
Anac
09-25-2015, 06:30 PM
Jesus christ, correlation =/= causation and previous rolls do not affect future ones.

Anyway, the whole idea of acting scummy on purpose is stupid. Fuck meta, I'm not about to read through a bunch of games just to correlate dC!Town vs dC!Scum. And the whole roulette thing is stupid.

@Sotek, what is this post supposed to mean? A, where the hell are you getting your townread from, B, what does this matter, fuck the "hellspot #4" bullshit, and C, what is the "scummy poking thing"?

People I want to hear from:

Mirdini: Why are you voting Palamedes? Also, get in here, you're life is on the line.

Anacreon: Your vote's still on Senpai. Who do you actually think is scummiest? Put your vote there.

I'm pulling the trigger, and I'm going to bed. If I'm dead when I get back, then screw this game, at least I have more time to study for my midterm.

The one, the only, Vancho!
09-25-2015, 06:33 PM
CLICK.

The Gun is on Chamber Three.

Coldblooded: it is your turn to shoot.
09-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Y'know, if I were any other eagle I'd be a bit put out at Granola's infidelity with all this Thrusshian Roulette business, but La'quille is a free lover who doesn't believe in tying down their hatedates.

Granowla darling, do I get an answeriforme if I ask you why you chose those six? I get it if you would rather withold that for after you've shot someone, but you're going to leave me burding curious if you save an eggsplanation for latern.
09-25-2015, 07:43 PM
I...don't think he could answer you after he shot someone, Eagle.

09-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Welp, apparently I choose a bad time to start shooting Amos emergency questions, but it wouldn't really be cool to try and hold up the game for who knows how many hours while I wait for an answer to my paranoia. Here's the two really important bits you need to know if I die:

A. I can't find anything in either the OP or the Meridian Standard thing that Amos made a couple of months ago that says anything confirming the non-existence of any cult leaders.

B. There is only a single player in the game that has both an OBSESSION and the LUSTY vice. If a cult does happen to exist, then there's a very good chance that this person is the cult leader and needs to be put down ASAP. If the cult doesn't exist, then this player is probably cool, but don't quote me on that.

I'm not really sure whether sharing this info so early is a good idea or not, but welp, that's what happens when you force me to make life and death decisions at five in the morning.

I cycle the chamber and take the shot.

Tumblr/Steam
09-25-2015, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015 09:20 PM by amosmyn.)
There are no cult leaders... related, the Meridian Standard is embarrassingly incomplete.

Side note: Roulette is not a role based function; that's Granola's schtick. Have fun!
09-25-2015, 09:14 PM
i'm seeing three things in here:
this is completely fake and i shouldn't care

this is somehow an actual death mechanic in which case i don't care for purely random death

you're just going to end up shooting who you want(corollary to the first part) and i shouldn't care but i'm still miffed

any way i don't really care

if it's my turn i'll pull the trigger otherwise just assume i do that anyways

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
09-25-2015, 09:43 PM
God, I really should have seen this coming.

Granola congratulations on maintaining your reign as king of the bastards once again.

Tumblr/Steam
09-25-2015, 09:44 PM
Apologies fer the buzzzing, my comm- hold on-

- communicator was malfunctioning.

I wasp voting for Palamedes due to his ignoring the Sotek situation since then his posts have been a mite better unvote

Gadfly to see Granola's stepping up to the plate seems my leafcutting remarks had an effect even if it'll inaphidably end up with two someones dead

Vote: Vancho1's reaction to this here roachlette game strike me as a bit too mothered and on top of all the other evidence I'm going to agrweevil that his luck shouldn't do him no favors
09-25-2015, 09:51 PM
(09-25-2015 09:43 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  God, I really should have seen this coming.

Granola congratulations on maintaining your reign as king of the bastards once again.

Whether it's role-reliceted or not you'll be just as dead if he decides you've hit the bullet
09-25-2015, 10:06 PM
But that would be so rude though.

Tumblr/Steam
09-26-2015, 01:02 AM
(09-25-2015 01:50 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  are we really doing the "dc is acting like dc" day 1 thing

Thoughts on the actual thing dC did though

@seedy: Nice Schazer defence. But seriously, if you paid attention you might have noticed that I said I didn't get how specific Sotek's read was. I probably shouldn't have hypothesized myself since it was all pretty vague but I kind of assumed anyone reading me starting with "I don't see them as necessarily coaligned" and "here is a reason why they could be anti-aligned"

But yes nice pushing aside my definite inclusion of your post in the 'terrible Sotek theorizing' list and basic outright ignoring of dC for the low-hanging fruit that is pE. I mean I don't like pE's attitude either but nobody who's played more than a couple of games is going to be that blatant coming out of the gate D1.

@granola & roulette: I say this in all politeness: screw your stupid game.

I mean if you're serious about it, maybe explain your choices first and then consider not doing it completely randomly. I mean it'd be great if you shot scum, but I'm doubting based on your choices and participation in the game that that has a great chance of happening. This'll probably get me shot but honestly I don't give two shits. It'll spare me the pain of trying to win a game with (presumed) teammates who are okay blowing it right from the start.

[Image: bring-it-on_1090.gif]
09-26-2015, 01:28 AM
SPIN.

CLICK.

CLICK.

The Gun is on Chamber Three.

Palamedes: it is your turn to shoot.
09-26-2015, 01:42 AM
[Image: tumblr_mhlk2cHyHz1s3jolto1_500.gif]

Just shoot someone and stop wasting everyone's time.
09-26-2015, 02:29 AM
Ftr it seems like we've got about 36.5 hours left in the day, so while this roulette thing is cool and all, Pala's put it to a grinding halt so it'd be cool to use this opportunity to get some kinda lynch going
09-26-2015, 02:31 AM
I'm dumb as fuck and didn't see the "8 pm" so we have 20 more hours than I thought

Bye
09-26-2015, 02:35 AM
Alter/dC: What do y'all think of the roulette player's reactions to it?
09-26-2015, 03:29 AM
(09-26-2015 01:42 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_mhlk2cHyHz1s3jolto1_500.gif]

Just shoot someone and stop wasting everyone's time.

My thoughts exactly.

I will be busy today (got class and then a pathfinder session), but I'll try to get back and do things if something is going on.

09-26-2015, 04:10 AM
Regardless of feelings on the roulette it is completely separate from the lynch and we should be considering it anyways.

I'm okay with offing dC, after that probably Vancho and seedy? I think granola is town but wouldn't mind a softlynch on him to force him to do or die admit it's all a sham (since you can't suikill at softlynch).

Carnegie also looks good for, on a quick glance, being the only person to have really participated during this whole roulette crap (albeit only really right now) who isn't part of it. It just seems too coincidental that outside of that there have only been a handful of minor/joke posts from others.
09-26-2015, 04:24 AM
The roulette is totally being an excuse for some people to not participate?

anyway. uh.

Vancho: a fourth vote, like a third vote, is kind of opportunistic. But it WASN'T that it was a fourth vote - it was that it was an overexplained fourth vote. You cast a fourth vote but acted like it was a first vote. That is DOUBLE scummy. You're too "conscious" of your actions... which is generally a scumtell. Town does stuff because they think it's the best thing to do. Scum does stuff because they think it looks good - there's a layer of mental separation there that shows up in various ways.
09-26-2015, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2015 10:17 AM by amosmyn.)
Between class phone posting, woo. Also [...] , Sotek, you don't know how I think. I always explain my votes, I'm the kind of person who thinks things through before I act. If being conscious instead of impulsive is a scumtell [...], that's how I always Play

[modedit - amosmyn]

09-26-2015, 06:14 AM
I am kind of curious about the choice of these particular 6 people for the roulette. mostly i am wondering why are cb, pala, and dini drafted into this? Considering i dont think i want to off those any of those 3 this early.

Honestly part of me thought it was a gambit to help spurr discussion. Since it would have been an interesting way to try to get reads off people based of how each person would decide the roulette order. hence why i wanted to have a discussion about it. Although all i gathered from that is me and cb were thinking along similar lines when deciding the order.

Steam
09-26-2015, 06:30 AM
@Palamedes - Seedy's thing was also kind of... weirdish? But I like the cut of their jib in their other posts so I'm pretty okay with them right now. Not willing to lynch them today, at any rate.

I'm also alright with Anacreon today, for what it's worth.

Less thrilled with Vancho's response to the roulette (which seems formed from Pala's thoughts on it?), as he didn't dare say anything when Granola had the gun pointed at him, but seems entirely fine parroting Pala after Pala gets all defiant.
09-26-2015, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2015 09:51 AM by Vancho1.)
(09-25-2015 06:30 PM)Vancho1 Wrote:  And the whole roulette thing is stupid.
Hello para, please check my previous posts before saying things like that. I think that deciding who to shoot based on an RNG is unfun and not in the spirit of the game, and I felt that I've expressed that enough.

09-26-2015, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2015 09:50 AM by Vancho1.)
Ignore

09-26-2015, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2015 09:49 AM by Vancho1.)
Ignore

09-26-2015, 07:08 AM
Going to have you ask you to tone down the profanity Vancho, it feels like it's getting a bit out of hand? This is meant to be a fun game, if you're not having fun for a reason that could be addressed please let some mods know; if you're just getting agitated over mafia (we all do, that's alright to some extent) maybe step away from the game for a bit before you post