In Progress Arkham - Day Two
06-24-2015, 01:50 AM
RE: Arkham - Day One
(06-23-2015 06:21 PM)Acolyte Doctor Wrote:  "A-ah, thank you," Candice Cave said. "I would like a glass of water...and perhaps, a chair to sit on. God, I hope I am not only visitor around this time..."

A chair is quickly grabbed from a nearby office. As Candice sits down, one of the two orderlies walks up to her with a glass of water.

"Sorry miss, but we don't get many visitors here normally, 'sides those who come for a stay of course. Nevermind it being so late... what happened to you?"

The orderly from behind the desk puts down the phone and looks over as well. "Apparently a cop's already been sent downtown about some maulings, the next street over, if you'd like we could run out and see if he'll stop by here as well."

(06-23-2015 08:50 PM)Timetech Wrote:  ["Hmm, let's see if this thing has a library sticker. Its so old it might not be using the same system anymore . . .."]

((If the tags match, Dark will give the strange book a go at some back-corner desk. Instinctively making sure that while carrying it, the front cover is casually pointed towards him, so as to provoke the least suspicion.))

There's certainly something on the back of the book, though if it was one of the library's sticker it was so old that it wasn't noticeable anymore.

(06-23-2015 09:30 PM)RatStar Wrote:  Tony thumbs through Victors journal reading it while listening to Joey.
"Sounds like a smart move Joey, I don't blame you for not sticking around. A couple of weeks? I wouldn't chance it if I were you, not after a near miss like that. Better to skip town while you've got the Devils luck than to hang around and let him catch you with your pants down. Y'know?"
He had Vic's Journal, it would have some answers and point him in the right direction at least. He'd have to visit the University and get one of their eggheads to give that other book a look over, hell maybe Vics Journal had the name of one that owed Vic a favour but that could wait, for now he'd have to find that courier.

"Did your guy tell you the couriers name? Or where to find him?" he asks Joey while trying to remember any addresses or phone numbers for couriers they would have used recently.

Joey shrugged. "I'd get out earlier but I still have a lot of my own business to conclude, lot of stuff to move. Hate sticking around, but it's sell it or ditch it and I'll need the funds to leave. Besides, I'm careful enough, don't worry about me.

As for that courier, sorry. Bit of a secretive guy, doesn't care much for being followed around. I'd bet though, if he is looking into the same stuff, he'd be looking through books and other weird stuff. Maybe the university or historical society? Or you could check out that one weird store in uptown - you know the 'magic' one."
Joey waves his fingers as if to highlight his skepticism. "Always the places they talk about as being haunted too."

Joey knew them. The Unnamable and the Witch House were two popular topics for Arkham ghost stories, as was the empty island just off the coast and cave down by rivertown. There was also the Silver Twilight Lodge, but their type rarely dealt with Vincent or the gang and probably wouldn't be too cooperative to a thug like him.

(06-24-2015 12:51 AM)SupahKiven Wrote:  "Thank y' kindly, sir!" Donny flashed the receptionist a grin, stuffing the key into pocket. City folk were pretty nice! Donny loved to visit the city. Course... it was no countryside, so he kinda wished to hurry up with this crown business so he could get back to the farm. City life kinda felt... constricting. He scratched the back of his head and turned back to the receptionist.

"So um... sorry fer botherin' ya again. Yer awful nice, see, but I was wonderin' some if ya knew a place where people know stuff 'bout uh..." Donny glanced around, eyes narrowing and darting around, before he leaned in close and lowered his voice. "...Y'know... ghosts. And uh... ghost things."

Ma laughed before leaning on the counter. "And why would a boy like you be here for those sorts of things? Mostly folk from other cities come looking for ghosts. Well..." she taps the desk for a few moments. "There's the Lodge up in French Hill, but they're a weird bunch, don't just let anyone in."

Donny might notice a man at one of the tables prickle slightly at this comment.

"You could always try this one weird shop in uptown, or if you head all the way to Northside there's another one. Both like to sell 'artifacts' or some such to tourists, but I wouldn't trust them much either.

If you actually want to go ghost looking yourself, the Witch House is up near the Lodge, pretty spooky place year round. If you're up to going all the way to the merchant district you can find the Unnamable too, or catch a boat to the island."
06-24-2015, 04:09 AM
Yo you forgot me
06-24-2015, 04:42 AM
"I don't even know! It was supposed to be a happy event and everything started to get smoky and these...things started to pop out from everywhere. It was BLOODY and AWFUL. Everything they did after they appeared was BLOODY and AWFUL and--"

Candice took a couple of deep breaths and before continuing.

"Yes, I would like you to see if the cops had arrived."
06-24-2015, 04:43 AM
Don't fret, I just updated the talky bits, mostly because I have no power and therefore internet access outside of my phone. Trying to solve the issue, sorry for any inconvenience.
06-24-2015, 04:46 AM
"Well, ya see..." Donny, having glanced at the men at the table behind him, turned back to Ma, still looking pretty easy going about the whole thing. "It's ain't really me wantin' t'find a ghost, see? I's more... hmm... how should I put it..." He tapped his chin and puckered his lips in thought. I need t'... get rid of a ghost. Or... I think i's a ghost, at least."

Plucking the crown off of his head, Donny looked the thing over before showing it to Ma. "I'm thinkin' that this lil bugger right here's infec... nah, that ain't the word..." He frowned, scratching at his chin. "There's a word fer when a ghost up and starts livin' inside'a somethin' and won't go away. Starts with'a 'P' 'r somethin'..." Donny sighed. "Th'word ain't important. I think there's a ghost in here, see, cuz when I try t'rid m'self of it, it jus' keeps on a'comin' back." He shrugged, placing the thing back onto his head. "Anyway, can y'tell me 'bout these 'Unnamable' an' the 'French Hill' people? 'F y'don't mind a'course! Don't wanna be takin' time away from yer work!"
06-24-2015, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 05:34 AM by ProfessorLizzard.)
Eduard thought: with my tome and knife, I could possibly avoid getting injured in the first place. I could divulge this stone, perhaps. It was expensive but it will worth it, right?

He hands over the stone "Ah, perhaps, you could put this stone of good use. It is filled to the brims with vital ichors and mysterious oils, capable of closing wounds!"

After saying this he realizes that Sanford might interpret this offer badly, as if he was questioning his abilities of avoiding harm, but it was too late.

It is time time
06-24-2015, 01:15 PM
"Mmm, fair enough. I guess that's the best place to start, maybe kill two birds with one stone."
Tony stands to leave before turning to Joey.
"Alright then, keep safe."
Tony begins making his way to the university, towards a possible ally and hopefully to some answers.
06-24-2015, 06:02 PM
"For many years, I have wanted to come back to Germany to see you, but America has kept me. Ah, America. I have grown older and happier here, my friend. Do you remember Anja, that buxom contralto in the opera? Well, she and I have married, and we're living a good life here."

Heinrich pats his old friend on the back as they walk down the pier. He chattered on about his new life here in America, conscious of the fear and doubt in the back of his mind. Could the signs Hans told him about mean what they thought? It was a scary prospect, and he hoped they were wrong.

"You'll be quite comfortable here, Hans, quite comfortable indeed. I have a room prepared for you in the Grand Cross, one of the better suites, and I've stocked the bookshelves with whatever you've sent me, and a few books I thought you'd find interesting. Don't worry about paying - the side business makes enough money to cover a hundred friends staying for free."

The one, the only, Vancho!
06-25-2015, 07:34 AM
(06-24-2015 01:50 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  
(06-23-2015 08:50 PM)Timetech Wrote:  ["Hmm, let's see if this thing has a library sticker. Its so old it might not be using the same system anymore . . .."]

((If the tags match, Dark will give the strange book a go at some back-corner desk. Instinctively making sure that while carrying it, the front cover is casually pointed towards him, so as to provoke the least suspicion.))

There's certainly something on the back of the book, though if it was one of the library's sticker it was so old that it wasn't noticeable anymore.

((Game-instincs say read it, but Role-play says don't! Arhghghghh. Alright, alright, I'll do the proper thing.))

Realizing that this book isn't tagged as library property, Dark will attempt to non-nonchalantly deposit it in the 'Return chute.' After that, its back to book hunting.
06-25-2015, 07:59 AM
(06-23-2015 07:39 PM)Kocel Wrote:  Alice nods to Engle in response before leaving to respond to the call.

A bear wasn't exactly the most exciting thing to get a call for, but if this thing had done as much damage as the Sheriff said, this might be just the thing to get her taken more seriously around here. And once they took her more seriously, maybe she could look into what happened to her old man.

[Image: Alice%202.png]

As Alice made her way downtown to the crime scene, something strange caught her eye. Painted across one of the buildings was a large, greenish circle. Strangely, however, the lines from the bricks that should normally still be there under the paint weren't showing, and it was too flat against the wall to be a poster. As she drew closer, it suddenly rippled, as if alive. The edges shimmered and slowly a message was scratched across if by some giant clawed hand:

The Stars are Right

Before she could react, she heard someone running behind her.

"Officer!"

Spinning around, she saw the tell-tale uniforms of one of the asylum's orderlies.

"Sir, we've... uh..." he looks her over, "ma'am, we've got a woman who was attacked at some event. Some animals or something came and attacked? We called the station and they said to find you. At least, I think it was you."

(06-23-2015 08:00 PM)Cidellus Wrote:  On one hand, he was unsure of this man's history with the three men, his motives, or their motives.

On the other hand, that train trip had been reaaaaaally boring!

On the other OTHER hand, his father had always told him "Son, if accosted by three men on the street, wait for them to make a move first before turning it into a slaughter. That way it's self defense!"

Wildfire looked at the three men, sizing them up.

"Well, you see. You've all made a problem for yourselves! Because I totally wasn't with him til you called me a valet. Now I'm a problem."

Wildfire was fully-prepared for them trying to sucker-punch or sucker-kick him.

The three now are all focused on Wildfire, looking him over.

"Right then." The one who so far seems to be the leader looks back to the other two. "Probably shouldn't have been leaving witnesses anyways."

He and one of the other robed men pull out knives, while the third stands still, with no motions except for deep breaths and some muttering.

(06-23-2015 10:26 PM)Bramzter Wrote:  Hank looked around the church hall finding comfort in the silence and the soft taps of the rain on the windows. He had just finished up locking up everything nice and securely as was necessary in the recent events.. He decided he would make one round along the church exterior before retiring into the living area for the night.

He wasn't sure what to make of the rumors he heard, nor of the strange resemblance to the tale of Saint Stanislaus, He was certain this wasn't merely the work of some misguided street-gang.

At least the Church hasn't been hit by those vandals yet.. although that would give him answers. Pondering this he unlocked the front door and stepped outside to do his rounds locking it behind him again and stashing the key in his pocket.

Something was soothing about the rainy nights of Arkham, it was a nice contrast to the sweltering heat and humidity of darkest Africa, He would cherish and protect those memories till his grave.

[Image: Hank%202.png]

Hank found nothing unusual while doing his rounds. He supposed he should be thankful, though it certainly didn't help him discover more about what was going on. As he returned to the church's front door, he saw Reverend Michael waiting.

"Father Peters, there you are!" The younger man looked severe for his years, knowing as well as Hank that something wicked had come to the city in the recent months but equally ignorant of what it might be. He walked back into the church with Hank. "I'm here for the keys? The sister said that I should meet you here for them before you leave."

(06-24-2015 04:42 AM)Acolyte Doctor Wrote:  "I don't even know! It was supposed to be a happy event and everything started to get smoky and these...things started to pop out from everywhere. It was BLOODY and AWFUL. Everything they did after they appeared was BLOODY and AWFUL and--"

Candice took a couple of deep breaths and before continuing.

"Yes, I would like you to see if the cops had arrived."

[Image: Candice%202.png]

"Right, Phil, go on and check."

The orderly who was apparently named Phil ran out. Candice could see him hurrying down the street as the doors closed behind him. The other two just stared at her in discomfort for a few minutes. Those minutes gave Candice time to collect her bearings a bit more. In her fear and hurry, she had abandoned most of what she had brought with her to the convention. All she had with her now was her dead companion and her purse, which was filled with the regular items a purse might carry, plus something extra...

A .38 revolver. A chill ran down her spine as she remembered one of the other convention goers trying to pull out the weapon as the creatures attacked, only to be bitten and picked up by a pair of massive jaws and pulled screaming back into the smoke. She had picked it up hoping that it might help her despite how poorly it served its original owner. She also had a map of the city that a now-dead friend had loaned to her just before the convention started, so she could find her way there quickly and easily. It was marked with useful alleys and sideways to get around faster, and, if she was sticking to her goal of avenging everyone, might help speed up her search as well.

As she was distracted two figures appeared from down the hallway. The female orderly from before and a tired looking man.

"So this is her, Nurse Heather?"

"Yes Doctor."

"Alright, well let's see if I can help." Dr. Carlton walks up closer to Candice. He looks somewhat thrown by this late night disturbance, but his voice doesn't betray any sort of agitation. "Now miss, I'm one of the doctors at the asylum, and I think, given your traumatic experience, that a new method I'm working on might be of some help to you. Might you put down your dog, so we can give it a try?"

(06-24-2015 04:46 AM)SupahKiven Wrote:  "Well, ya see..." Donny, having glanced at the men at the table behind him, turned back to Ma, still looking pretty easy going about the whole thing. "It's ain't really me wantin' t'find a ghost, see? I's more... hmm... how should I put it..." He tapped his chin and puckered his lips in thought. I need t'... get rid of a ghost. Or... I think i's a ghost, at least."

Plucking the crown off of his head, Donny looked the thing over before showing it to Ma. "I'm thinkin' that this lil bugger right here's infec... nah, that ain't the word..." He frowned, scratching at his chin. "There's a word fer when a ghost up and starts livin' inside'a somethin' and won't go away. Starts with'a 'P' 'r somethin'..." Donny sighed. "Th'word ain't important. I think there's a ghost in here, see, cuz when I try t'rid m'self of it, it jus' keeps on a'comin' back." He shrugged, placing the thing back onto his head. "Anyway, can y'tell me 'bout these 'Unnamable' an' the 'French Hill' people? 'F y'don't mind a'course! Don't wanna be takin' time away from yer work!"

Thankfully Donny had remembered to shove the crown in his bag, so as to not look like a lunatic or someone worth mugging. Sure it would appear on his head every morning, but that didn't mean he had to wear it for the whole day after it did.

"No problem," responded Roger, who was not Ma as previously stated but her assistant. "Unnamable's an old house, been abandoned for years. Got it's name from a ghost or some sort of thing that supposedly haunts the place and nearby area. Folks say that whatever it is, it can't be understood, you know? Can't bee seen or heard or felt properly, and you can't put words to it. So, the Unnamable creature for the Unnamable house.

As for the French Hill, well they say the place is a bit of popular place for those sorts of stories. The Witch House is called that, because, well, they say a witch lived there after escaping the Salem burnings. Owner rents out the rooms there, mostly to students, but it's got a bit of a bad reputation. Lots of superstitious folk talk about visions that drive out most people living there pretty quick, or even that those who stay too long are cursed and worse. Sounds pretty crazy, but all I know is that the landlord himself apparently won't spend a night there. The Lodge though I can't tell you much more about, like I said they're very secretive. You hear rumours though that they try and practice the dark arts and all that though."

(06-24-2015 05:33 AM)ProfessorLizzard Wrote:  He hands over the stone "Ah, perhaps, you could put this stone of good use. It is filled to the brims with vital ichors and mysterious oils, capable of closing wounds!"

Sanford gleefully grabs the stone. "I'm sure it does. Here, take this." He slides a small, dark stone with strange insignia marked into it. "I will inform the Lodge of your new membership, but please also present this whenever you come to visit."

With that, he takes one quick look back at Ma's assistant and the stranger with the weird crown before hurrying out of the boarding house.

(06-24-2015 01:15 PM)RatStar Wrote:  "Mmm, fair enough. I guess that's the best place to start, maybe kill two birds with one stone."
Tony stands to leave before turning to Joey.
"Alright then, keep safe."
Tony begins making his way to the university, towards a possible ally and hopefully to some answers.

As Tony exits the boarding house, he wonders how to best get to the university. He could do so fairly easily through the Merchant District via Downtown or Rivertown, but he knew that French Hill had a reputation as a supernatural place that he could possibly check out on the way.

(06-24-2015 06:02 PM)Vancho1 Wrote:  "For many years, I have wanted to come back to Germany to see you, but America has kept me. Ah, America. I have grown older and happier here, my friend. Do you remember Anja, that buxom contralto in the opera? Well, she and I have married, and we're living a good life here."

Heinrich pats his old friend on the back as they walk down the pier. He chattered on about his new life here in America, conscious of the fear and doubt in the back of his mind. Could the signs Hans told him about mean what they thought? It was a scary prospect, and he hoped they were wrong.

"You'll be quite comfortable here, Hans, quite comfortable indeed. I have a room prepared for you in the Grand Cross, one of the better suites, and I've stocked the bookshelves with whatever you've sent me, and a few books I thought you'd find interesting. Don't worry about paying - the side business makes enough money to cover a hundred friends staying for free."

"Oh, how wonderful!" Hans seems to be getting more at ease as they've been chatting. "Both to your success and generosity." Laughing as they walk, through the merchant district, Hans talks about his own life outside of his work and about what had been going on in their home country in the aftermath of the great war. However, Heinrich does note Hans' hurry to be off the streets, as every now and then he checks something in his pocket and speeds up their pace. Heinrich is still leading the way though (seeing as he actually knows the city), and can steer Hans to the Grand Cross via Rivertown or the University.

(06-25-2015 07:34 AM)Timetech Wrote:  Realizing that this book isn't tagged as library property, Dark will attempt to non-nonchalantly deposit it in the 'Return chute.' After that, its back to book hunting.

As Dark brings the book to the desk, the student behind it glances at him and then the dusty old book with mild disinterest.

"You know the rules, you have to return rare books to the collection, or Abigail will throw a fit."

Dark had no idea who Abigail was, but was vaguely aware of a section of the library that was closed to the public.
06-25-2015, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 08:19 AM by Acolyte Doctor.)
Candice Cave reluctantly obliges to accept the experimental treatment from the doctor - as long as they don't dare touch or alter anything of her recently deceased companion.

Granted, she was a bit suspicious of the doctor's convenient solution but well, its been a long day and so many things happened to the point she was seriously judging her grasp on things she took for granted. Candice felt there were no good or decisions anymore, just uncertain ones.
06-25-2015, 08:21 AM
Smelling *business*, Eduard decides to speak with the crown wearer -who seem to have already exited? He tries to catch up with him, starting one of his typical salesman spiels "Excuse me sir! I have caught quite a fancy of your headgear. Care to spare some time, to tell me a few things about it?"

It is time time
06-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Sorry for any confusion - Sanford left, not Donny
06-25-2015, 09:31 AM
Wildfire fucking LOVED self-defense!

With a grin, he quickly backed off, drawing his sword and his gun. He'd fire off shots at the muttering guy, then slash the two knife-armed idiots to pieces. Least that was the plan.
06-25-2015, 10:26 AM
(06-25-2015 07:59 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  
(06-25-2015 07:34 AM)Timetech Wrote:  Realizing that this book isn't tagged as library property, Dark will attempt to non-nonchalantly deposit it in the 'Return chute.' After that, its back to book hunting.

As Dark brings the book to the desk, the student behind it glances at him and then the dusty old book with mild disinterest.

"You know the rules, you have to return rare books to the collection, or Abigail will throw a fit."

Dark had no idea who Abigail was, but was vaguely aware of a section of the library that was closed to the public.

In a friendly, apologetic tone of voice, "Sorry man, this old book without a sticker was just sitting on one of the [Whatever shelve it was on] shelves, so I figured I'd put it in the returns, to help keep everything sorted. If this needs to go in a privet section, any chance you could take care of that for me? I've only got the public library pass." Dark will then hold out the old book to the student, with a meek sorta- smile.
06-25-2015, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 10:43 AM by Palamedes.)
(06-25-2015 09:31 AM)Cidellus Wrote:  Wildfire fucking LOVED self-defense!

With a grin, he quickly backed off, drawing his sword and his gun. He'd fire off shots at the muttering guy, then slash the two knife-armed idiots to pieces. Least that was the plan.

[Image: Giovanni%202.png]

Grinning, Wildfire raised his pistol to shoot the craziest one. Unfortunately, the lead creep turned out to be just as ready as he was, stabbing at him and throwing his aim off - missing his first two shots but at the very least managing to hit the shoulder with the last. He knew that trying to dodge would have been ineffective now that the leader was so close, so instead he took the knife to his side and deftly smashed the hilt of his sword into the asshole's nose. The guy backed into the other charging enemy, buying Wildfire enough time to prepare for a proper counterattack this time. Thankfully, this second assailant was nowhere near as quick as the first, and Wildfire gave him a deep cut across his torso for his efforts.

Meanwhile, the old man stared at the fight and raised his hand. "Look out!" A creepy red glow surrounded him as he closed his eyes.

The shot cultist, struggling back to his knees, finished his chant, but at the last second moved his hand towards the old man once he saw what he was doing.

[Image: Giovanni%203.png]

Immediately, the old man screamed as his skin and clothing started to blacken, and the shot cultist laughed through his own pain.

"Nice try, old man."

The lead cultist took the distraction to step back and recompose himself, getting ready to attack again, rubbing something on his knife and whispering some chant as he did so.

(06-25-2015 10:26 AM)Timetech Wrote:  In a friendly, apologetic tone of voice, "Sorry man, this old book without a sticker was just sitting on one of the [Whatever shelve it was on] shelves, so I figured I'd put it in the returns, to help keep everything sorted. If this needs to go in a privet section, any chance you could take care of that for me? I've only got the public library pass." Dark will then hold out the old book to the student, with a meek sorta- smile.

The student rolled his eyes. "Abigail's going to be furious that someone isn't taking care of thesethings... there's a return slot at the door... but whatever, I can take care of it."

If Dark gives the student the book, he gets up and slowly walks to the back room, sliding the book through a slot by a window beside the door.
06-25-2015, 10:40 AM
Tony's preferred route is via Rivertown and the Merchant District as he feels it's best to avoid Downtown and French Hill for now.
06-25-2015, 04:33 PM
(06-25-2015 10:39 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  
(06-25-2015 10:26 AM)Timetech Wrote:  In a friendly, apologetic tone of voice, "Sorry man, this old book without a sticker was just sitting on one of the [Whatever shelve it was on] shelves, so I figured I'd put it in the returns, to help keep everything sorted. If this needs to go in a privet section, any chance you could take care of that for me? I've only got the public library pass." Dark will then hold out the old book to the student, with a meek sorta- smile.

The student rolled his eyes. "Abigail's going to be furious that someone isn't taking care of thesethings... there's a return slot at the door... but whatever, I can take care of it."

If Dark gives the student the book, he gets up and slowly walks to the back room, sliding the book through a slot by a window beside the door.

Dark lets the book slip out of his hands easily, and says "Sorry for the trouble, I didn't know what to do with a tag-less book." As he's saying this, he slips his face into something like :/

Dark then heads back to book-hunting, as he was.

((Dark isn't reading this book because its not tagged, so anyone could claim that it is stolen private property. Therefor, no-can read.))
06-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Wildfire ran through the cultist closest to him and fired on the chanting asshole with his pistol.
06-25-2015, 05:37 PM
"Lead the way, sir."

Alice adjusts the shoulder-sling on her rifle with her free hand. Before following the orderly, she shines her lantern's light once more on the strange vandalism on the wall... Did it... Change? No. Don't be silly, Clubbs. It was likely a clever trick on the part of the vandal, causing the letters to only appear at certain angles of light. They must have carved this into the side of the building itself, which means it would cost a considerable amount of time and effort to repair... She made a mental note of the intersection. She'd call this in later, or check on it herself.

She catches up to the orderly and proceeds to follow them.

"Is the victim injured? I was on my way to the crime scene... What did she say happened there?"
06-25-2015, 11:03 PM
"Ah, yes i was just doing the last rounds for the evening, Here are the keys"

Hanks handed over the keys to the church

"I am sure you will take good care of this house of the lord. I just need to collect some items from my room."
06-26-2015, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 05:59 AM by Palamedes.)
Candice & Alice
[Image: Aldice%203.png]

An orderly cautiously takes Red away from Candice as the doctor takes out a poketwatch. He begins swinging it gently. So I want you to focus on this and think of nothing else. Don't worry about what's happened to you or...

Candice didn't remember much else that Carlton said, as she rather quickly went into a daze staring at the strange patterns on the watch. For a while her head was brought back to happier times, with Red and her fellow dog enthusiast friends. After some time, things shifted to the attack, but she no longer felt the terror upon seeing it. What's more, her vision went past what she had actually seen. She looked into the clouds of smoke the creatures fell into, saw them vanish into corners and walls and followed them. Each to strange new world - vast landscapes and impossible cities, each like she had never seen before. A handful were swallowed themselves by a massive dark mass, one she knew to be horrible even as her mind shielded her from its true appearance. All she could know was that it was looking back at her - and it was coming.

It was to this scene that Alice enters, of a couple of orderlies and a doctor standing around a dazed, bloody woman. It was odd to say the least, but both Carlton and Nurse Heather failed to drop a beat at her sudden entrance. The orderly who lead her here informed Alice of what he knew while they returned - that the woman didn't seem to be injured, and that she just said horrible things came and did even more horrible things (he also apologized for not having a better description, since the woman was pretty upset).

Almost as soon as the two enter the asylum and register what's going on Candice snaps out of her daze, feeling clearer of mind and purpose, and knowing at least somewhat as to what's actually going on.

Tony

As he heads through the streets, Tony comes across surprisingly few problems. It seemed whatever had taken care of his gang had done a number on everyone. Just as he's leaving the merchant district he sees two... tourists? Strange looking folk regardless, both of whom seem nervous and in a hurry.

Dark

As Dark returns to reading, he finds that there's still nothing. Very few of the regular books seem to go into the occult seriously, and those that do are split between the wild and useless and the limited and unhelpful. One hour passes, then another. Suddenly he sees a tall, frustrated looking woman leaning over him (god, was everyone at the library like that?)

"So you're the guy whose looking for strange books but returned a rare one he found instead of using it." Dark can see her glancing back at the student, who despite being bored and disagreeable earlier was now rapt at attention and smiling. He enthusiastically nodded his head and the woman turned back to him. "Well thank you. It's our employees' jobs to make sure that people can't just get their hands on such important and delicate works, but it's good to know that random strangers can be trusted to do so more." She takes a quick glance at the pile of books Dark had been accumulating. "I've been told that you've been here often in the past couple of weeks looking for this sort of stuff?"

Giovanni
[Image: Giovanni%204.png]

Wildfire's aim is more true this time, and he catches the chanter between the eyes before he can mutter another word. However, once again the faster enemy avoids his melee blow, rolling under a vicious swing of his sword and slicing with his knife.

The good news was that he blocked the blow. The bad news was that he blocked it with his gun, and the knife sliced it clean through.

Now pissed off, Wildfire spun around and lunged forward, catching the other man as he was turning to attack again. His sword went right through him with a sickening/satisfying squishy sound.

All that was left to do now was come up with a next move. There were an awful lot of bodies over that (now dead) old man, and it's not like a train station is the most witness free place.

Hank

"Of course, of course." Reverend Michael gets out of Hank's way after taking the keys. As Hank moved to his room, the other priest suddenly shouted out to him and followed. "Just before you get your things and leave, a blessing for your health. The streets aren't exactly safe anymore."

Michael quickly makes the sign of the cross and mutters a prayer, and despite his own ordained nature Hank feels the better for it.
06-26-2015, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 05:29 AM by Kocel.)
You messed up with that image link on Giovanni, Pala.

"... I... What's going on here? Hasn't anyone gotten this woman a towel or something? Jesus."

Alice shows her badge to the doctor.

"Alice Clubbs, APD. I got called out about some sort of attack?" She looks to Candice, concerned over the woman's state, "Ma'am, are you capable of giving your name and a statement? You should probably be sitting down..." Alice looks to an orderly, "And if one of you could bring us a towel, maybe dipped in some warm water, so she doesn't have to stand around covered in... Blood... That'd be nice."
06-26-2015, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 03:09 AM by Vancho1.)
Heinrich decides that the best way to go would be through the University.

"You know, there is a university here as well. We'll pass by it on the way to the Grand Cross. Perhaps someday you can have a guest lecture there - a good excuse to visit me, isn't it?"

06-26-2015, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 06:10 AM by Palamedes.)
Candice & Alice

"She... has a chair, ma'am..." The orderly who brought Alice stammers, before getting a sharp glare from the nurse. "R-right, I'll get another. And some towels. Sorry."

The doctor, seeing that Candice seems calmer and thus feeling his work done, yawns and then wishes Candice well before thanking Alice for her time and leaving.
06-26-2015, 06:26 AM
"Thank you, Brother Michael. I appreciate it, These are times of unease and it up to us to keep our flock safe."

Hank packed a few of his belongings, mainly souvenirs out of Africa and the lamp and book of Saint Stanislaus. He tried to recall the tale he had studied a few times before it would probably be important.

He knew he could find answers at some more infamous places in Arkham, which were unfortunately turned into tourism attractions and some kind of lodge..but he would probably have more luck finding one of the vandal's markings on the streets..
06-26-2015, 07:47 AM
Candice kind of stares there for a few seconds, oddly hypnotized before jolting back to reality.

"Uhhhhh--ah! Apologies," Candice replied to Alice. "My name is Candice Cave and well, I was supposed to go to the Dog Festival. And there WAS supposed to be a Dog Festival, but like. There were things there."

Candice felt a bit foolish but like. While she understood and believed in the (tenuous) veracity of the visionsresults from the doctor's experimental treatment. She highly doubted that blurting out "aliens from another dimension and killed everyone" was going to make her (or her situation) better. She took a couple seconds to figure the next sentence.

"I am not really sure what the things are, but there was a lot of smoke. I am not quite sure if they were wild animals-or-people and I highly, highly doubt they are from local areas. I, I think we need to visit the local convention center again."
06-26-2015, 08:11 AM
"Thank y'kindly!" Donny placed the crown upon his head so he could tip it at Ma's assistant. "I bet this'll help me a heapin' ton!" He flashed a wide grin at the assistant and headed out, intending to go up to French Hill. Maybe he could catch the owner of that 'Witch House'. As he made his way out onto the street, though, a voice caught his attention, making him turn curiously to the man behind him.

"Ah, hey! Yer the guy that was sittin' at that table, right? You were talkin' bout that French Hill group thingy, I think!" He smiles, holding a hand out to shake. "Th'name's Donny! Y'wanna know 'bout this ol' thing?" He takes the crown off of his head, inspecting it for a moment. "Sure, here!" Donny hands the crown to Eduard. "Y'said y'had some questions 'bout it?"
06-26-2015, 08:34 AM
Eduard looks over the headgear. It seems to be made of real gold. No tarnish? Mysterious jewels. Hmm...

"Ah, just a few simple ones. Where have you got your hands on this beautiful piece of art? I can not even fathom its worth." Eduard was astounded, normally he would be offering the tenth of its value for an item like this, but for some reason he had a hunch. The boy and the crown were so dissimilar. He really doesn't strike him as one of those regal fancy types.

It is time time
06-26-2015, 08:39 AM
"Funny story 'bout that." Donny laughed, scratching the back of his head. "I fished th'darn thing outta the well back at m'ma's farm. Pretty crazy, right? I swear it wasn't there th'day b'fore. I think th'lil rascal's takin' a likin' t'me though, cuz it won't go away, ehe..."
06-26-2015, 09:37 AM
A bit stunned by the thick accent, Eduard hands back the crown. "Ah. It won't go away? What do you mean?" Eduard suddenly decides that he doesn't want to get his hands on the crown again.

It is time time
06-26-2015, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 01:26 PM by Cidellus.)
Hey, witnesses tended to help things.

"Fucking crazy assholes just tried to stab the shit out of me!" he yelled to any bystanders. "Did you see that crazy shit!? Fucking lunatics! You see!? THIS is why you need to exercise your second amendment rights! If I wasn't carrying, they'd have turned me into a pin-cushion!"

Wildfire didn't care one way or another for the second amendment, but he'd heard people use that argument before. Was as good as any!
06-26-2015, 02:04 PM
(06-26-2015 03:40 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Dark

As Dark returns to reading, he finds that there's still nothing. Very few of the regular books seem to go into the occult seriously, and those that do are split between the wild and useless and the limited and unhelpful. One hour passes, then another. Suddenly he sees a tall, frustrated looking woman leaning over him (god, was everyone at the library like that?)

"So you're the guy whose looking for strange books but returned a rare one he found instead of using it." Dark can see her glancing back at the student, who despite being bored and disagreeable earlier was now rapt at attention and smiling. He enthusiastically nodded his head and the woman turned back to him. "Well thank you. It's our employees' jobs to make sure that people can't just get their hands on such important and delicate works, but it's good to know that random strangers can be trusted to do so more." She takes a quick glance at the pile of books Dark had been accumulating. "I've been told that you've been here often in the past couple of weeks looking for this sort of stuff?"

"Well, yes Ma'am, I've been looking at these. I've been bitten by a bug of interest, I guess you could call it. All those strange thoughts people can have, makes your skin crawl, but you still want to read more." Dark shrugs and tilts his head while saying this, almost like 'saying' "eh."
06-26-2015, 03:41 PM
Tony continues on to the university, he heads towards the library hopeful that the courier was still safe.
06-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Alice frowns, shaking her head.

"Oh no, you're not going anywhere. Ma'am, you just survived some sort of animal attack, you need to take it easy and keep calm. The APD will look into this. I'm going to report this back to the station, we only got a report of one animal attacking the center, but if there's more..."

She looks to the nurse.

"Can you keep an eye on her? I've got to find a call box to call back in to the station and report this. I'll be right back."

Already this call looked to be more than she was prepared for. This was fine with Alice, of course, she was ready to prove her worth to the department, but proper procedure was to report she had found a survivor. There should be a call box right outside the asylum, if she remembered correctly. She went to find it.
06-26-2015, 04:58 PM
"Aw, let me come along!" Candice yells angrily after Alice. "You don't even have much clue about what happened! Let me come along, I know the layout of the convention center like the back of my hand. Plus, being at the scene of the crime will help jog some memories!"
06-27-2015, 05:48 AM
Heinrich & Tony
[Image: Tonrich%202.png]

Heinrich and Hans continue to the University, with Tony following by sheer coincidence. When they arrive, they are treated to a gruesome sight. A body lies on the ground, bloody and torn apart. Even worse, two creatures are stooped over it, ripping off chunks with their teeth and claws. The two things, while roughly humanoid, had vaguely canine faces and naturally slumped forward. Their skin also had a strange sheen to it, as if it was oiled or rubbery. One of the two things noticed the two Germans and let out a sharp gibbering sound, prompting the other to turn and look at them as well. They had as of yet not noticed the further back Tony.

Hank
[Image: Hank%203.png]

Hank makes his way down the Southside streets, looking for anything out of the ordinary. Unfortunately, he sees few signs. He does, however, notice the heathen Carl Sanford walking towards Uptown with two of his attendees, from the direction of Ma's. He might find at least that curious, as Sanford is rarely seen so far from the Silver Twilight Lodge, especially in the south of town where the church's more zealous attendees might cause him problems.

What's more, upon seeing him the two goons move to step forward, before Sanford pushes them both aside to address Hank.

"Ah, good evening Father. Out for a stroll? I've heard these streets have gotten more dangerous, might want to be a bit more careful."

Candice & Alice

While Alice is making her phone call, Nurse Heather walks over to Candice.

"Miss Cave, as I'll explain to the officer we unfortunately cannot allow you to stay here, for both your own and our patients' safety. I would also like to know what you would like us to do with your dog. I'm sure we could arrange it being sent to your home, or the graveyard, or some other establishment."

When Alice arrives back from her phone call, Nurse Heather steps forward. The other three orderlies who were around have all but vanished, with only the man behind the desk remaining and doing a poor job of pretending he's doing paperwork.

"I'm sorry officer, but the asylum is closed to all but patients and staff." Nurse Heather doesn't look that apologetic. "Policy, I'm afraid. We took care of miss Cave while waiting for police assistance, but we just don't have anywhere to keep her but here, where she might be mistaken for or run afoul of a new patient - and admitting her would be pointless given Doctor Carlton's positive appraisal of her mental health."

Donny & Eduard
[Image: Eddon%202.png]

As Donny and Eduard chat about the former's cursed fancy crown, Roger suddenly interrupts them.

"Just uh, one last thing before you go. Last guy who rented your room left a weird book, and Ma ain't have any use for it. Said to pass it on to whoever sleeps there next."

He puts the book on the counter for Donny to take. It doesn't look that old, but the style of writing is overly ornate. Despite being in English, most of the text is nonsense to Donny about the ancient powers of magick and how one may best harness them.

Wildfire

Wildfire successfully got people to back away, be it out of understanding of his second amendment rights or fear because some maniac just killed four people and is screaming at them. Who knows!

He grabs his luggage off the rail line it got knocked onto at the start of the fight, but he still had a couple problems. One, why did a bunch of kooks in robes attack him some old man? Two, someone either has or will call the police about the situation. Which leads to questions, which would be a problem in itself, even if the contents of his luggage wouldn't immediately tip them off to his criminal nature.

Dark

The woman nods. "Sure." Dark is pretty sure she's being sarcastic. "Awful lot of research for just interest." Oh, she's seen his pile of notes. She takes another look at his book pile, this time pausing to read the titles, before sighing. "Most of those are just derivative of earlier works or seeped in local superstition, you'll want to look at something older, like..."

The woman, who Dark probably realizes is almost certainly Abigail, walks a ways off, turning towards one of the further back bookshelves and, with a single deft movement reaches up to grab a thick, red book. She returns and places it on Dark's desk. The title reads 'Cultes Des Goules'.

"This one. It's a translation of a German translation of the original French. Not the best, obviously, but we only had that version for a couple of weeks and wanted to make a few copies in that time. Should be a bit more interesting than... three books on Louisiana voodoo practices. Consider it thanks for returning the 'Iron Manuscript'."
06-27-2015, 06:31 AM
"Good evening to you too Mister Sanford, I assume you are as well? You are quite a bit away from the Lodge.. I am just a humble man of god, I have no quarrel with anyone, No riches to give. I do not see why any thug would attack me."

Hank smiles kindly.

"That... and i am quite fond of jogging. Nevertheless what is your opinion of those rumors of vandals and ruffians around the city?"
06-27-2015, 06:57 AM
Hey, Wildfire had killed three people. The fourth guy had been killed by one of the three people and thus didn't count. Wildfire gave credit where credit was due!

Considering everything was about as incriminating as it got, Wildfire decided to loot the corpses. He'd toss all interesting things into his luggage, then get the hell out of there. If his luggage at any point began to warp into an otherworldly terror, he'd toss it at the nearest crowd of people and leave the train station.
06-27-2015, 09:46 AM
((Hadn't realized this was started, sorry!))

Ryan spends a good few minutes attempting to recap what had happened, but to no avail.

He looks at the journal, and, after finishing his low-quality hospital food, opens it up and starts reading it.
06-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Tony moves in front of the tourists while drawing his gun and taking fire at the abominable things before him.
"Bastards! I'll remove you freaks from this city if it's the last thing I do! I will make you rue the day your ancestors decided continue their debauched bloodline! I will crush your bones beneath my boots!" Tony does not like murderers
06-27-2015, 08:57 PM
"You can't just... Keep her in your waiting room?"

Alice looks sort of flabbergast by their seemingly stalwart desire to ditch any responsibility for watching over the traumatized survivor of some horrible attack. For just a few hours, even. She turns to Candice.

"Agh, fine, fine... Listen, Ms. Cave? You said there were other dog enthusiasts, right? Well, if any others survived... I don't think any emergency services have gotten to the scene yet... I don't WANT to take you down their with me, but it's probably going to be a necessity."

She scowls sternly.

"You're NOT going in, though. There could be more of whatever those animals were on the premises. We'll see if we can't find somewhere across the street for you to wait. Maybe... Some sort of diner. Agh, I can't remember what's next to the convention center... Let me think on it while I call back to the station to report that you won't be waiting here."

Alice turns back to the call box, reporting in about the Asylum's urgency to be rid of Candice and the fact that she'd be remaining in Alice's company.
06-27-2015, 11:10 PM
(06-27-2015 05:48 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Dark

The woman nods. "Sure." Dark is pretty sure she's being sarcastic. "Awful lot of research for just interest." Oh, she's seen his pile of notes. She takes another look at his book pile, this time pausing to read the titles, before sighing. "Most of those are just derivative of earlier works or seeped in local superstition, you'll want to look at something older, like..."

The woman, who Dark probably realizes is almost certainly Abigail, walks a ways off, turning towards one of the further back bookshelves and, with a single deft movement reaches up to grab a thick, red book. She returns and places it on Dark's desk. The title reads 'Cultes Des Goules'.

"This one. It's a translation of a German translation of the original French. Not the best, obviously, but we only had that version for a couple of weeks and wanted to make a few copies in that time. Should be a bit more interesting than... three books on Louisiana voodoo practices. Consider it thanks for returning the 'Iron Manuscript'."

Dark, who figured out last turn who this woman was, but didn't see a reason to say anything and has now been told by word of G.M. says "Thank you, if I may guess, . . . Abagail? for pointing me in the right direction. To be honest, I'm actually more intrigued by this stuff than just a passing interest. I've gotten to questioning the difference between why one dark tale is brings fear, and another, humor."
06-28-2015, 01:39 AM
"Oh. Oh! Mind if I... appraise this item too? Perhaps I could be of more help this time."

It is time time
06-28-2015, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 03:09 AM by Vancho1.)
Heinrich reaches into his pockets and slips on his brass knuckles. He hopes that they could get through these monsters and get to the Hotel safely. In his mind, he makes a note to thank the young american with the gun later.

"Mein Gott! Hans, stay behind me. We'll deal with these beasts."

He raises his hands into a defensive stance and stands ready to beat back the wolf-men.

06-28-2015, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2015 03:55 AM by Acolyte Doctor.)
She pondered the choices offered and sadly decided to ask Nurse Heather to send Red to the mortuary to hold. He was long expired and it was just, just incredibly disrespectful to let him rot on her doorstep or in some mysterious box on her said doorstep - not to mention the complaints from her neighbors.

Now, there was just the police to deal with.

"Alright, alright," Candice makes an appearance puffing and frowning - although she was secretly glad she was brought along. All the better to get to the bottom of things! "We'll get to there together. And I'll listen to what you say."
06-28-2015, 05:08 AM
Donny gladly takes back the crown, stuffing it back into his bag. The book, however, he spends a good few moments staring at. None of it made any sense to him, really. But maybe it would help him get rid of the crown? That would be interesting.

"Y'wanna give it th'ol' once over? Aight." Donny hands the book to Eduard, then taps his chin. "Oh, an' 'bout th'crown not goin' 'way. See, I kept tryin' ta get rid of th'old thing, but th'stubborn bugger jus' keeps appearin' on my head th'next day. I've tried t'throw it 'way, I've tried t'put it back where I found it, heck, I even tried t'destroy th'thing. But th'next day it'll be there, smack dab atop m'noggin. Pesky little thing, it is. That's why m'here in th'city. Tryna figure out how t'get rid a it."
06-28-2015, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2015 05:27 AM by Palamedes.)
Hank

Sanford shrugs, but one of his henchmen betrays his nonchalant attitude by quickly glancing north - towards French Hill and his Lodge.

"I wouldn't know much of it, unfortunately. Otherwise, like any good citizen I'd report such activity to the police. From what I've heard though, it might have something to do with some gang war. Dead obsters turning up left right and centre, from what I've heard. Sometimes people get caught in the middle.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've heard some heiress is selling her family estate in Uptown, and I'm hoping to find some interesting trinkets before it's all said and done.
"

Whatever Sanford was hiding, he clearly didn't take the old reverend all that seriously - or perhaps he simply didn't think such a man would be looking into these matters.

Wildfire

The three attackers had little on them outside of strange signs and sigils, but Wildfire took them anyways. Additionally, the strange old man had three dollars as well as a strange looking horn - one with holes along it more like a flute would have, and with symbols carved all along it. It felt strange to the touch, not like the metal it looked like at all, and felt dangerous. Regardless, Wildfire shoved it in with his luggage and nothing too terrible happened.

Ryan

After finishing his meal, Ryan begins pouring over the journal. It was written with references to many things that Ryan had only a passing knowledge of, and many more that he hadn't really heard of before at all. All in all, it was the account of one nameless individual investigating the strangeness that had been going on in the city and surrounding areas over the past several years - curiously, long before any real rumours started to get out. The author speaks of a weakening of some veil protecting our world from dark powers, and one such power discovering this weakness and with the help of 'her' followers on Earth began trying to take advantage of it. The cult was attempting to open gateways to other worlds, similar to the one their mistress existed in, in order to summon monsters and weaken the world's defences around Arkham so that she could finally break through and arrive.

The journal ends abruptly, with a brief passage explaining how the author had defeated the guardians of one such portal and was planning on going through, as he had learned that a gate must be identified and traveled through before it can be sealed.

As Ryan reads, he hears some nurses talking in hushed whispers. Thankfully, they didn't seem to think he'd be listening, as caught up in his reading as he was. They were talking about a dispatch to Miskatonic University's science building, where apparently some unidentified animal or assailant brutally murdered a professor and caused some sort of explosion. Apparently neither the police officers or ambulance sent had reported back.

Tony & Heinrich
[Image: Tonrich%203.png]

Tony steps forward and unloads his revolver at the monsters. Three shots are fired, with the first missing but the second and third finding themselves buried in the one creature's flesh. As it begins to go down, Tony turns towards the second, which was attempting to run around them, firing a fourth shot straight into its brain.

Triumphant, he takes a few deep breaths, keeping his revolver out in case one of them was still alive.

Heinrich and Hans however, hear a chattering from behind the University's entrance sign. They look up, as does Tony when the chatter turns into a screech, and a third one of the things climbs over it and leaps down at the mobster.

Candice & Alice
[Image: Aldice%204.png]

Nurse Heather reexplains her position to Alice, as the Asylum doesn't really have waiting rooms or anything similar because people rarely come in for a short period of time - or voluntarily.

When she makes her call, the sheriff also tells her that it was probably a good idea to take the lady away from the 'crazies' and encourages her to use Candice to possibly identify anyone else at the scene.

Anyways, they quickly and easily make their way towards the Amadeus Memorial Convention Centre, and the two part ways at the entrance. As Alice walks in, however, there is nothing out of the ordinary. No blood, no monsters, nothing. Hell, usually a place like this has a bit of a mess, from pamphlets for and decorations from the various events it hosts, but still - nothing. A pleasant looking man stands behind a desk.

"Ah, hello officer. May I be of assistance?"

Dark

"You and a dozen other people." Abigail sighs, sitting down herself opposite Dark. "At least you have the decency to check them out like a regular person. The past few months we've had several break-ins, stealing most of our best texts on that sort of stuff. That, or they'll take them out and then vanish. I've been asking around, but nothing. I just got placed in charge of the rare books too... Anyways, unless there's anything else I'll leave you to your research Mister..?"
06-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Badass! Wildfire left the station.
06-28-2015, 07:47 AM
Meanwhile, Candice scopes out a seat outside and observes for any out-of-places scariness out of there,

I mean just because she can't scope the scene of the crime doesn't mean she can't see what's around it!