In Progress Arkham - Day Two
07-01-2015, 04:24 PM
RE: Arkham - Day One
"...Right, next room. Got to secure Ms. Cove, as well."

Alice makes to the door to the next room, cracking it and whispering before entering.

"Ms. Cove? Listen, something's up, don't run from me this time, alright? I won't try to cuff you this time... Even though I still think we need to get you out of here. Something is definitely wrong here..."
07-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Candice proceeds to silently zip through the door-crack and hide in a cabinet.
07-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Heinrich stares at the well-dressed man in front of him, and then turns to his friend.

"Hans? Do you know this man?"

Fearing for the worst, he slips on his brass knuckles again, and then steps between the professor and the stranger.

"I don't know who you are, or what you want, but I don't take kindly to people who threaten my friends. Why don't you tell your associates to get out of here, and let us talk, like civilized people. Or are you looking for trouble?"

The one, the only, Vancho!
07-01-2015, 10:35 PM
"Ah, look at the time! I must leave, I am afraid. Well, I hope we can meet again, and discuss this wonderful book of yours. But I am sure, that we WILL meet again. I'll be around French Hill meeting some new friends."

Eduard leaves Ma's, and heads to French Hill.

It is time time
07-02-2015, 12:12 AM
Hank was a bit intimidated by the escalation on of the situation.. and then he was left there standing rather dumbfound with the knife in his hand.. Still it is a nifty thing.

He examined it some more, He did hoped he didn't had to use it.
07-03-2015, 03:00 AM
Sorry for another image-free update, but I've had a busy two days and won't get a break until tomorrow at least, and figured I'd rather get an update in than put it off any longer.

Dark & Tony

The two literally bump into each other in their efforts to introduce themselves.

Candice & Alice

There is the sound of a door opening from the other convention area, and footsteps. After a few moments, the two hear the door open and close again.

Heinrich & Eduard

Hans visibly struggles to answer Heinrich's question. "He's... an acquaintance. A dangerous man, Heinrich, we need to get away from him!"

Meanwhile, the suited man laughs at Heinrich's bravado.

"A fight? Hardly. My... associates and I just want something the doctor has. Something he shouldn't have found. They don't like getting bossed around though."

Without any provocation or command from the stranger the two robed figures step forward. Almost at the exact same time, Eduard walks onto the curious scene. The figures step backwards in surprise. The suited stranger looks almost like he didn't even notice the new interloper.

"Help us sir!"

Hank

Hank continued to examine the knife as the salesman began putting the rest of the lot away. While doing so, the gentleman accidentally bumped into Hank, causing him to jam the knife into one of his fingers. It was then that Hank noticed something most peculiar about the blade - namely that even though it looked and felt extremely sharp, no mark was left where it had definitely jabbed him. Regardless, he still felt pained by the minor injury as if it had.
07-03-2015, 08:36 AM
(07-03-2015 03:00 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Dark & Tony

The two literally bump into each other in their efforts to introduce themselves.

And that kids, is why you don't half-metagame, even for a story situation! [Because would these characters actually do that in real life?]
===
Dark then proceeds to pick up anything that may have spilled, and lead [Tony] to sit down at the nearest table with him, if he will agree to it, that is.
07-03-2015, 09:11 AM
"Interestin' fella..." Donny scratches at his chin, shrugging. Just as he's about to head into his room, however, Donny realizes something. That man left with his book. And he seemed to be the only fella he'd met that had seemed to understand some of the whole 'supernatural' stuff. Which meant he might be Donny's only lead to getting rid of this crown.

"Sir? Sir!" Quick as a hiccup, Donny scrambles out of Ma's after Eduard, looking for the man carrying his book.
07-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Tony agrees and follows Dark to the table, he suspects this may be the person he was searching for since he was the only other person here.
"If you're who I think you are and Joey sent me to the right place. Then we need to talk, and you need to give this a read." Tony hands over the journal.
07-03-2015, 10:53 AM
"Want to ask about a loan, actually! Nice day," Wildfire nodded, walking towards the tellers. "Don't mind my sword, just an old family heirloom."
07-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Alice frowns. She looks to the cabinet Candice has hidden in, speaking soft and low.

"Something here isn't right. If you want to stay safe, I need you to stay with me and listen to what I tell you, understand? Something tells me they won't check any room I'm in, they're trying not to raise the suspicion of the APD. If they know I have you here with me, it's over for the both of us, understand?"

She looks to the door.

"We need to move over to that room they just checked. You'll need to find a place to hide while I search the rest of the room. I need to find out what exactly is going on here before I can go back to the station for reinforcements."
07-03-2015, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 04:29 PM by Acolyte Doctor.)
Candice slips out of the cabinet and wordlessly closes it behind her.

"What are we waiting for?" She whispers. "Let's go to the other room!"
07-03-2015, 05:33 PM
Alice nods, opening the door and allowing Candice to slip through before following her.
07-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Candice slips, before stealthly sliding into the door.
07-04-2015, 03:26 AM
Dark & Tony

Well remember we were working on a way to connect you two via PM, and I more just updated that because neither of you responded to the other so I figured some prompting would be in order.

Tony hands Dark a sketchy journal, and Dark can see that he's got a much larger, fancier-looking book with him as well. For his part, Tony sees a book not completely dissimilar to Nameless Cults with Dark, as well as a big pile of research notes.

Donny, Eduard, and Heinrich
[Image: Dedrich%206.png]

Donny speeds onto the scene on his stolen borrowed motorcycle, seeing the extremely curious scene in front of him.

"More friends of yours?"

The two robed figures pull back even further, and draw out knives. Their leader looks at them and scowls.

"Gods, you just can't get any good help nowadays can you - not here anyways. I hate to do this, but I suppose we should be taking what we're here for before an entire army arrives." Looking back to the newcomers from the boarding house, he pauses. "And whatever trinkets those two seem to have as well."

Hans stares wildly around the alleyways and street corners. "Heinrich, we should leave, now!"

Wildfire

"Um, alright. Could you just fill out your information?"

The teller hands Wildfire a form and pen. The guards seem more at ease with Wildfire's friendly demeanor.

Candice & Alice
[Image: Aldice%208.png]

Sure enough, as soon as the two moved through the sound of a door opening, footsteps, and shortly after a the door closing was heard.
07-04-2015, 06:21 AM
Hank was rather surprised (also pained) by this all. this shouldn't be possible.. Well atleast the blade is in good hands, The lord only knows what would happen of some one of a more manical nature got its hands on it.. Regardless perhaps it could be sanctified.
07-04-2015, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 06:47 AM by ProfessorLizzard.)
Eduard has no idea who these people are (aside from Donny and even that is a minimal aquitence), but as the new member of the find society centered on this district, he can not allow such thing to happen! He is reluctant about it, he likes flight more than fight, but thinking that he now has High Friends, he begins to speak.

"That is indeed the truth! Many, many more friends will arrive soon, and you don't want to mess with the gentleman of the lodge. Respectfully."

It is time time
07-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Alice waits for the person to exit the room before looking to Candice.

"Quick, to the cabinet. Maybe some clues will be in there, too."

She makes her way to it, opening it up.
07-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Candice raids the cabinet for the good of Arkham!

(But silently, because she is already in enough trouble already)
07-04-2015, 03:17 PM
If Alice hears the door beginning to open she'll shove Candice in, if there's room.
07-04-2015, 07:55 PM
"My name's Darkmun, friend." Dark says, as he reads the Journal. Dark also tries to scan around, to see if he and [Tony] look suspicious.

((BTW I'm using [Tony] since Dark doesn't actually know Tony as Tony yet, so its a placeholder for the 'nameless face identification thought' people have of those they see but don't have a name for.))
07-04-2015, 08:16 PM
"Tony's the name, i'll be browsing the shelves if you want to talk after you're done reading that."
Tony ambles through the aisles searching for any kind of book that could help him with understanding more about the gates mentioned in Vic's Journal.
07-05-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm having some cursor issues which is making image updates hard, which is a shame because I was planning on a couple of nasty things. They'll be delayed for now, to give some of you a bit more time to prepare.

Hank

Hank is briefly reminded that the weapon almost fell into the hands of known occultist Carl Sanford. Wrong hands indeed, he was lucky he was there! The question still remained though, where would he go from here?

Donny, Eduard, & Heinrich

"So you're all with Sanford then? Too afraid to handle things himself, so he runs off and sends some cronies. Typical." The man sighs. "We should be doing this quickly then, before any others show up. The orb and that crown are what we're after, but might as well take everything we can get."

He snaps his fingers, and the two cloaked assailants' expressions turn more confident as everyone around can hear a sort of gushing coming from all around the investigators [ aka you guys].

Candice & Alice

Candice and Alice's initial investigation of the new room has gone nowhere. The cabinet and closet were just as abnormally clean and fresh as before, and there were no other signs of foul play. However, Alice noticed a strange sigil faintly protruding from the top of the cabinet that definitely wasn't on the others, and Candice was also faintly aware that it had been moved a few feet to the left of where it was the brief time she was in there.

Dark & Tony

Dark is fairly sure that there's nobody around but the student and Abigail, with the latter already trusting him somewhat and the former not interested in messing with what appears to be someone in his bosses' favour and their dangerous-looking friend. Reading the journal, he doesn't stumble upon much that Tony didn't find. He recognizes a few names, 'employees' of Vic who had been in contact with him for a couple of jobs, as well as a description of him that Vic had apparently written down. "Nosy sunuvabitch," were the exact words, with what follows being him debating whether or not to 'take care' of Dark given his recent interest in the occult that could be implying Dark was secretly working against him. Dark was fairly certain he wasn't. He did recognize the Wiz and female gang leader, as he knew a few fellow couriers who had been working for similarly described characters. Apparently they paid extremely well, but every now and then people delivering for them just went missing.

Meanwhile, Tony was looking through the aisles for books. Having spent no time figuring out where anything was or really even knowing anything about the occult outside of Vic's journal, he looked for books similar in appearance to the one he did have. His efforts were almost entirely fruitless, with one exception - some rich bird had apparently decided to use a five dollar bill as a bookmark and forgot about it! Tony quickly pockets the cash - their loss, his gain.

Wildfire

Wildfire finishes his paperwork and hands it in, mentally going over his own means and the bank's layout. The tellers and money were all behind solid wooden barriers, with presumably locked doors in the back to enter and exit. There were also doors lining the back that weren't part of the teller area, one labeled as the guard room, several others as office areas, and two as employee entrances.

As for his equipment, past his sword and looted flute and knives, he had a decent bottle of whiskey and another cheap bottle of rotgut, which he had wisely decided to shove an oily rag in for use as a weapon instead of trying to ingest. So booze, cigarettes, a sword, and a molotov - perhaps not the best tools for robbing a bank with at least three armed guards (entire armaments unknown, but he could see at least one holstered pistol), but he had likely made do with worse before.

The teller snaps him out of his thoughts. "So, we'll need to contact your bank in the morning, but from the looks of it you seem like a credible customer. The bank can offer you a five dollar loan, which can be paid off at any time up to a week, with interest for later payments. We might be able to extend the amount given or time for the loan once we hear back... tomorrow afternoon or the day after, I'd expect."

Archibald

As Archie continues setting up his office, someone knocks on the door. An older man stands in the doorway, wearing an old university jacket. Archie could swear he recognized him from somewhere.

"I hope you're settling in nicely professor Montgomery. Someone told me you'd be moving into your office today, and I thought I'd introduce myself in person. Raymond Hargrove." He offers a hand just as Archie realizes that he's likely the same Raymond Hargrove that acts as President of Miskatonic University.
07-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Wildfire had used a fake name and fake information, of course.

"Sounds good! Thanks for the loan!" he nodded, being friendly. Once he had the money, he'd start looking for seedy bars. He needed a crew.
07-05-2015, 05:27 PM
"What in the..."

Alice investigates the sigil. If it's hidden behind the cabinet she'd move it.
07-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Candice helps move the cabinet. She read enough mystery novels to realize the certainly of SECRET TUNNELS.
07-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Sorry for not being clear - it is on the cabinet.
07-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Alice does whatever she needs to do to see the whole sigil.
07-05-2015, 11:24 PM
Tony clicks his tongue in a most self satisfied way, he may not have found any books to help him but some dosh is always a nice consolation prize and it appeared that Darknubs had finished with the journal to boot. Tony makes his way back to the desk.
"So, I don't know why you might be looking into the same general stuff as me but I'd say it seems pretty clear that we need to stop this Wiz guy and his Boss. But I guess I can understand if you're not interested in teaming up, since they're a group of dangerous people and hell bent on killing anyone in their way."

"So, you in?"
07-06-2015, 01:24 AM
Hank would probably go to the library, perhaps he could find a book on the weird knife.. or something about Saint Stanilus's legend buried in the history books of Arkham. However he did see some rather adventurous looking chap hanging around by the stall which on closer inspection is missing one of its displayed goods

"Good Sir? Did that man with the fedora make a purchase? There seems to be a empty spot here."
07-06-2015, 01:53 AM
Donny's head whips around, utterly confused. They want... his crown? Do they want to see if they can get rid of it for him? But he hasn't talked to anybody here, save the man with his book. The farm boy frowns, scratching his head.

"Uh... what's goin' on?" He does notice, through the strange gushing sound, that the two figures with hoods had drawn knives. The hairs on the back of Donny's neck rise, and he slowly starts to reach for the axe strapped to the side of his uncle's motorcycle.
07-06-2015, 05:36 AM
"Hey Alice, perhaps, the sign can be moved? Just wondering."
07-06-2015, 07:49 AM
"I will not let you schweinhunds lay a finger upon my friend!

Heinrich looks around for a moment to determine the source of the sound, and then stands ready to beat back the armed men.

07-06-2015, 08:51 AM
Eduard ponders about what the sound might be. He also ponders about how many brownie points he will get for alerting the lodge about this! His newfound not-courage makes him open up the book and yell: "Oh dang, I forgot to put down the tome. I mean...Don't make me use this ancient book of power! I am warning you!"

It is time time
07-07-2015, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 05:55 PM by Palamedes.)
So sorry for not updating yesterday or today, I've had a lot to catch up on and help out with all over the place. Will try to get something up tomorrow, even if it's just a lame text-only update.
07-08-2015, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 06:23 AM by Palamedes.)
Wildfire

Wildfire makes his way to what is probably one of the better places of ill-repute in Arkham - Hibb's Roadhouse. Strangely though, few people seem around outside of a few drunks flagrantly disobeying prohibition and the seedy looking bartender.

Candice & Alice

Alice tries to brush off the sigil, but it doesn't seem like it's becoming any clearer. She tries with a bit more force, and hears a hum. The cabinet slides back to its original place.

Hank

"Uh, yeah. Bought one of the jewellery pieces we still had out, didn't see which one but they were all worth a dollar each."

Donny, Eduard & Heinrich

[Image: Dedrich%207.png]

The stranger frowns when Eduard speaks of the book. "Grab that too then."

Suddenly the dark shadows in the nearby alley begin to move, patches of darkness detatching themselves from it and curling along the bricks and asphalt and rising in between the group. Cold white eyes look between the arrayed humans and it suddenly makes a gurgling sound, lunging out at the nearby Eduard and Hans.
07-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Wildfire approached the seedy bartender.

"Hello."
07-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Alice jumps back, shocked. But her intuition tells her to worry about the seeming-witchcraft later and instead examine where the cabinet had moved from, to see if it revealed anything.
07-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Candice looks up in anticipation of the CABINREVELATION.
07-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Wildfire
[Image: Giovanni%207.png]

"Mm." The bartender looks Wildfire over for a moment, before reaching under his counter for a glass. "Whatcha having?"

Candice & Alice
[Image: Aldice%209.png]

There was just... more wall. However, Alice did notice that now the sigil had completely vanished, replaced by what appeared to be a simple scratch. Candice, who was presumably still searching the cabinet when Alice was tinkering, feels a slight chill from behind her after the cabinet finished moving.
07-08-2015, 12:45 PM
"Gah!"

Candice leaps out of the cabinet.

"Aliiiiiiice, there is something cold behind the cabinet."
07-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Eduard quickly leaves over the tome, trying to find *something* that could help!

It is time time
07-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Alice takes her rifle into her hands. This was getting weird, and she thought it'd probably be best to be prepared.

"Cold? Could be a draft, but... That'd make no sense. That was solid wall when we moved it there..."

She goes over to investigate.
07-08-2015, 07:01 PM
"Well, if you decide to join up I'll be over at the old magic shop in Uptown."
Tony begins to make his way to Rivertown via French Hill he'd need to stock up on some more lead before he'd make a definitive move on finding the bastards and stopping them.
07-08-2015, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 07:07 PM by Acolyte Doctor.)
Candice tails behind Alice with her hand inside her purse.

She wanted to be prepared for whatever is behind, but didn't exactly wanted Alice to know she had a working revolver in her purse.
07-08-2015, 07:14 PM
That would be good. Alice's worries about Candice's mental health aside, she'd be more worried with having an untrained civilian shooting a revolver over her shoulder. One of her dad's friends had taken a (thankfully non-lethal) bullet that way, capable of a half-drunk farmer.
07-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Heinrich leaps at the nearby thug, hoping to disarm him and get a hold of his knife.

07-11-2015, 01:25 AM
Candice & Alice

Candice leaps out of the cabinet while Alice tries to investigate. There is indeed a slight-but-distinct coolness when she stands at the very back, but taking even a couple of steps away makes her unable to feel it anymore. It's definitely draft-like.

Eduard, Tony, Heinrich, & Donny
[Image: Hedony%208.png]

The creature finishes forming up into a single mass, but now that it has done so it is clear that there is something amorphous about it, with bits of its face and body dripping off, forming new tendrils, and hitting the ground before rejoining the mass to repeat the process. So stunned is everyone by this development, that only Heinrich can get off an attack. He punches an enemy square in the jaw, dropping him instantly and allowing Heinrich to grab his knife.

Meanwhile, Eduard continues to pour over the book he stole borrowed from Donny. Unfortunately, the books is still all about assistance in casting spells instead of actually providing some spells. If only he had some sort of way of getting said spells in the first place. Didn't he have an ancient tablet about that sort of stuff on him?

Tony walks in on all of this mess, probably not expecting to be waylaid by monsters a second time in the same night.
07-11-2015, 01:46 AM
Deciding that he doesn't have the time to look over the pages (well, page) of the ancient tablet, in panic, Eduard takes out his magic knife, and raises it defensively, ready for anything to strike.

It is time time
07-11-2015, 01:54 AM
"Wh-! Th'heck's that thing?!" Donny recoils in surprise at the sight of the drippy creature. He takes a step back against the motorcycle, bag jostling. That's when he remembers. Donny stuffs his hand into the bag, pulling out the vial of holy water his priest had given him. If anything was deserving of a holy cleansing, it was definitely that thing. Donny uncorks the vial, cocks back his arm, and chucks it straight at the monster.