Campfire (Off-Topic Chat)
06-18-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: Campfire (Off-Topic Chat)
agreed! Oddly enough the only match that wasnt so bad was the one that wasnt an omega stage.
06-18-2015, 03:33 PM
(06-18-2015 03:08 PM)amosmyn Wrote:  EDIT: Have you listened to anything else Kate Bush? I love 'A Dreaming' and 'Never for Ever'.\

I have! I was actually having trouble deciding on just one album of hers, so I just picked one from more or less out of the air. Kate Bush is a very good artist.

Tumblr/Steam
07-06-2015, 11:03 AM
How many pairs of shoes do you folks have?
07-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Only two and it is apparently to my great shame that I've never owned more.
07-06-2015, 01:02 PM
3 if you count sandals 2 if you dont.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
07-06-2015, 01:08 PM
One pair each of plimsolls, sandals, and dress shoes. Plus several old pairs of sneakers that usually only get brought out whenever I have to mow the lawn or something.

Tumblr/Steam
07-06-2015, 01:17 PM
I also only have two pairs of shoes, sneakers and slides. I also have two pairs of dress shoes, but I don't count them because one pair is too big and the other is too small.
07-06-2015, 01:53 PM
I own a pair of dress shoes and a pair of black tennis shoes. Black tennis shoes are great for most occasions, I do recommend them.
07-06-2015, 11:49 PM
Lesse...
Ive got two pairs of dress shoes, a pair of good runners, aaaaaaand five pairs of casual shoes now? Three of them i received for xmas aaaaaand theyre not exactly comfortable so I picked up my newest pair today. Oh yeah, I guess I have gardening shoes too.
07-07-2015, 02:37 AM
Hiking boots, steel toes, dinkles (which double as dress shoes), and a pair of sandals that're falling apart. Coldblooded what the hell shoes do you even main?
07-07-2015, 04:42 AM
I guess I also have winter boots and a pair of sandals and slippers if we're going all out here~
07-07-2015, 06:22 AM
I have socks?
07-07-2015, 07:37 AM
(07-07-2015 02:37 AM)Granolaman Wrote:  Coldblooded what the hell shoes do you even main?

Formally the sneakers, at least until the soles started completely falling apart. Now it's the plimsolls, until I can be assed to go shopping for shoes again. (My feet are really wide, so finding a pair that actually fits is always a pain.)

Tumblr/Steam
07-07-2015, 08:06 AM
dinosaur feet
07-07-2015, 08:10 AM
I mainly use my one pair of sneakers. Also got dress shoes, steel toes and two pairs of running shoes.
07-07-2015, 09:07 AM
(07-07-2015 02:37 AM)Granolaman Wrote:  dinkles (which double as dress shoes)

I do the same exact thing lmao
07-07-2015, 09:20 AM
>coldblooded turned blue while i was gone i see

maybe he caught a..... cold?

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
07-07-2015, 09:27 AM
He's the Royal Spambot Hunter.
His username is blue because it's a bonus for crafting a full set of Spambot armour.
07-07-2015, 09:42 AM
I'm just jealous that the other mods picked up the color pink before I could honestly.

Tumblr/Steam
07-07-2015, 09:49 AM
rest in pink
07-13-2015, 06:29 AM
If I ran a One Night Werewolf game during the next night phase in City Slickers, who'd be game?

I'd gather signups and dish out roles this night, and start after the next hammer.
07-13-2015, 06:36 AM
Priority given to dead players/people not currently in-game
07-13-2015, 08:05 AM
I'd be for it.
07-13-2015, 10:48 AM
May be a good idea to post said topic in advance so that people can read the rules for it.
07-13-2015, 11:05 AM
I've played before IRL and I would definitely be in. Give it a shot?
07-21-2015, 08:30 AM
I'm retiring from mafia what should I do with my """spare time"""

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
07-21-2015, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 08:33 AM by speedchuck.)
(07-21-2015 08:30 AM)beruru Wrote:  I'm retiring from mafia what should I do with my """spare time"""
Something productive. I recommend writing a story, drawing a comic, learning how to make music, making video games, something along those lines. Those are the things I do.

Is this permanent?
07-21-2015, 08:35 AM
Probably

[URL="http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/chathunt-2-game-over.10880/page-49#post-402864"]also here's my actual retirement post from like 3 weeks ago lol[/URL]

(also I am already doing all those things that i s why I have to leave

But I can also coach and help vet setups and yell at people in place of mods if mods are playing games and therefore can't objectively mod a thing)

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
07-21-2015, 08:35 AM
Oh my god it didn't work fuck xenforo

07-21-2015, 09:15 AM
Beruru's actual retirement form from like 3 weeks ago "lol"

i gotchu bear :p

07-21-2015, 09:37 AM
If I had more of an ego I'd be somewhat offended by your retirement post. Good luck with your non-mafia stuff.
07-21-2015, 10:21 AM
but now who will post crazy hellbear images ;_;

although reading through this retirement stuff I'm pretty inclined to agree that there's a lot of "follow the leader" going around. I think it stems from the dominant strategy being "yell loudly and make everyone else follow you" and a general suppression of "encouraging critical thinking in your fellow townies" in favour of the star power approach (i.e. become a big name and drive lynches by yourself). Townfirms are the most obvious manifestation but around here it happens with Acio because of the "scum!Acio is obvious" perception anyway (and a few other people because I guess there's the assumption scum aren't bold/invested enough to try and lead the town?). I was HOPING that how FTL turned out would help dispel that but it didn't really.

can't say TOO much because this revelation largely comes from a game in progress, unfortunately (although it's worth noting that my lynch in AT mafia was a result of CB spinning the town onto me and my death in Traffic Jam was from CB vigging me, which kinda reinforces the idea that it's individuals being focused on instead of the town as a whole). Once City Slickers is over I'd like to have a meta discussion though, I think it needs addressing outside of a game so the whole ulterior motives question isn't a thing

anyway, provide a "may shitpost in games she is not participating in" license to beru pls and thank you :v

(in all seriousness, best of luck finding some other stuff to do and I enjoyed your presence in the games we were both in for what that's worth. I was glad there was one experienced player whose MO didn't fit into the pattern I was talking about above, so I guess this means I'll have to do my best to fill in that gap myself now)

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
07-21-2015, 10:47 AM
(07-21-2015 09:37 AM)OzTheWizard Wrote:  If I had more of an ego I'd be somewhat offended by your retirement post. Good luck with your non-mafia stuff.

you should read my other posts on that page... i don't know if it would make you less offended?

07-21-2015, 10:48 AM
also if someone wants to run like, games that take 3 hours....... i could play those :V

07-21-2015, 10:59 AM
well there's the one-night werewolf thread
idk how long those are going to take though
maybe try EpicMafia? :V

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
07-21-2015, 11:08 AM
(07-21-2015 10:47 AM)beruru Wrote:  you should read my other posts on that page... i don't know if it would make you less offended?
Like I said, I'm not; I'm self-aware enough to know I'm not very likeable. mspa (It's probably my biggest hindrance now that I'm looking for a new job.)
I did read the rest anyway, it really does sound like you need a break, so good call.
07-21-2015, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 11:17 AM by AProcrastinatingWriter.)
Goodbye, beru. Sad I was probably part of the problem, and sadder it took me a long, long time to realize it. Best of luck with everything.

There was a rest of the post here but because [REDACTED] have to table it for now. This is a reminder to self to say my piece later!

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
07-21-2015, 11:27 AM
(07-21-2015 11:08 AM)OzTheWizard Wrote:  
(07-21-2015 10:47 AM)beruru Wrote:  you should read my other posts on that page... i don't know if it would make you less offended?
Like I said, I'm not; I'm self-aware enough to know I'm not very likeable. mspa (It's probably my biggest hindrance now that I'm looking for a new job.)
I did read the rest anyway, it really does sound like you need a break, so good call.

shhhhh it's not that you're not likeable it's that nobody talks to each other besides ingame about game stuff so nobody is actually friends like we used to be but all those people left :v

07-21-2015, 05:38 PM
While I'll admit I'm caught halfway between feeling your retirement discussion is a complaint about a lack of quality players and a legitimate display of exhaustion and tiredness I can understand and sympathize with, I do think a break would be best for you. I do hope you continue to be awesome and productive in your endeavors (and maybe show us some stuff if it's on the digital/creative side of things).

And as for a lack of community; that I'm not sure about? I haven't spoken to many of you folks outside the forums and game communications, but those who have reached out / been reached out to have been nothing short of pleasant. That being said I wouldn't mind discussing meta stuff once City Slickers ends, I think some good honest discussion about that topic's been a long time coming.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
07-21-2015, 05:49 PM
remember when we had a group terraria map

i mean, stuff like that. not like...... talking to each other sometimes maybe.

like actually being a community that does stuff instead of being dead if there's no games.

07-21-2015, 05:50 PM
also that was a rhetorical question

i am pretty sure i am the last person who was around and participated in group terrariaing. except maybe sotek idr

07-21-2015, 06:02 PM
>i like starbound a lot

07-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Clearly we are in need of a SS13 revival (which would give me an excuse to actually learn to play it too)
07-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Terraria is great and SS13 is something I've been meaning to get into
07-22-2015, 04:00 AM
You're talking about the game that went open source earlier this year, right?

(07-21-2015 11:27 AM)beruru Wrote:  shhhhh it's not that you're not likeable it's that nobody talks to each other besides ingame about game stuff so nobody is actually friends like we used to be but all those people left :v

Fun fact: that actually defines what makes me not likeable. When I'm at the office I work and that's it, I don't go out of my way to go out drinkin' with coworkers or whatever it is they do. I don't stop to talk around the water cooler (I fill my bottle and get back to my office.) During meals I sit quietly and eat, I finish and get back to work. You could say I'm not a friendly person. (I should probably change that.) The last time I made a new friend I would spend time with (having more than one specific thing that defined our relationship) was... nine or ten years ago. And I only managed to hold on to that friendship for less than 3 years.

... that came out sounding way more depressing than I meant it. I'm not actually unhappy. I have old friends I still see at least twice a year. And of course the one I'm sharing my life with.
07-22-2015, 04:19 AM
how does one even play spacestation 13

07-22-2015, 04:58 AM
(07-22-2015 04:19 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  how does one even play spacestation 13

One time I tried to play it with my friend and he got injured

Instead of opening the medkit and using supplies on him, I instead accidentally bashed him on the head with the medkit and killed him

That's SS13 in a nutshell

At least until you get the controls down
07-22-2015, 05:08 AM
I tried SS13 but kept forgetting to turn off traitor mode and was ALWAYS the traitor. Which is a great way to remember that you're lousy at the game.

If I could get a better connection I'd probably be up for trying a proper revival.
07-22-2015, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2015 05:16 AM by SupahKiven.)
I feel like I've played SS13 before, but I can't remember it for the life of me.

Still, I'd be up for it maybe.
07-22-2015, 09:57 AM
Terraria updated recently, I've been having a fair bit of fun with it since then. Except the STUPID ANGLER WON'T GIVE ME A STUPID FISHING CALENDAR THING SO I CAN'T MAKE A STUPID CELL PHONE

*ahem*

er

anyway

Starbound is good too. Never heard of SS13 tho. Other obvious thing to mention in this scenario is Minecraft...