Closed / Abandoned MAGICHUNT 1.5 DAY THREE (REPLACEMENTS?)
05-08-2013, 06:07 AM
RE: MAGICHUNT 1.5 DAY ONE
I like how this calibornio guy thinks.

Elect: Pala
Vote: Tea
05-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Guys if you post again it stacks your posts and says the last one was modified. So. Be careful of that I guess?
05-08-2013, 06:23 AM
(05-08-2013 05:52 AM)Cat Wrote:  I didn't even notice TehPilot's post
my life is a lie

copycat :c
05-08-2013, 06:25 AM
I get it.
05-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Vote: Ixtac
Elect: Cat

Something something scum votes first
05-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Vote: A Killer Cuppa Tea

GO HOME, BRITS

Elect: Cat

DEMOCRACY
05-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Oh my god Collen that is hands down one of the best RVS posts I've ever seen and I wish I could tell you why.
05-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Vote: Inox

He knows what he did.

Elect: Boogeyman

^ The very first election vote cast for me in any game. I'm gonna put it on the fridge.
05-08-2013, 08:31 AM
tehpilot: What do you think should be our first order of business, and why? (Examples: elect, lynch, planning, or combining stuff)
Calibornio: What do you think our electee should do?
Palamedes: How much I for action should one be willing to give to get out of a lynch today?
Everyone running for election: Self-voting without comment is bullshit, don't do this. Please give some hints on why we should elect you, or what you intend to do if you win.
05-08-2013, 08:48 AM
I want our electee to get rid of the coven and give us all free donuts. With like magic or something. No, but seriously, I chose Pala because he's experienced (or at least I think he is) and he seems to know what to look for in scum, provided he isn't scum himself. And that's useful in any game, but especially one in which we won't be able to see the roles until one side wins. And this is only my 3rd Mafia, so I didn't think I should vote for myself.

[Image: tumblr_m89thxih7c1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti2qf1P1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti533mx1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tieX3hv1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tillJz41qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m89tiqBWIY1qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m3dyn8mGBA1qesb9j.gif]
05-08-2013, 09:02 AM
(05-08-2013 08:31 AM)Archon Shiva Wrote:  Everyone running for election: Self-voting without comment is bullshit, don't do this. Please give some hints on why we should elect you, or what you intend to do if you win.

You may be taking those too seriously.
05-08-2013, 09:09 AM
I am of the opinion that the only hard info given out do to a lynch is when you're Nature's balance and are about to activate. Otherwise scum gets too much info and can start making two kills each night and you lose access to your power forever (I think).

Archon it's just RVS right now I highly doubt anyone has any real reason to elect anyone but themselves (since you can trust you're town this early but not anyone else). Why are you so hot and bothered by that? Boogeyman put this in good words too.

Also electing me is a good idea because as it's been pointed out it's not my first time in these sorts of things and I can be relied on to talk all the time (CAT). I mean just look at me, I'm not 'The Witchiest' for no reason*. If I'm elected I'll do exactly what anyone else who would get elected would do - coordinate with the other council members and shoot the scummiest people.

There are other guys I could see elected but like I said, nobody has done anything even remotely townish or scummish just yet. Except for you I guess but the jury's still out on whether you're trying to be helpful or trying to be helpful (because seriously most of those questions only have one real answer and I'm still wondering what you hoped to get out of them).

*Pala is the witchiest because he's posted the most on this forum not because he is always a witch.
05-08-2013, 09:22 AM
(05-08-2013 08:31 AM)Archon Shiva Wrote:  tehpilot: What do you think should be our first order of business, and why? (Examples: elect, lynch, planning, or combining stuff)

I think the first order of business is to escape the dastardly random vote stage, one established by our opposition at the coven. No longer shall the throes of indecision and the ignorance of D1 plague our people.

There comes a time when every Magic user must band together. From those who spread their goodwill for the lives of the innocent to the weird necromancer kid who sits alone at the lunch table, today we must realize our strength as a group. This Town faces seemingly impossible challenges in this modern and complex metagame, and only as fellow Townies can we overcome the forces of evil that drive us out, both overseas and at natural forces at home.

We need a true leader to guide us, one who will listen and help us rise against our challenges.

Quote:Everyone running for election: Self-voting without comment is bullshit, don't do this. Please give some hints on why we should elect you, or what you intend to do if you win.

I am very serious about this election. I, Concil Candidate Pilot, will ensure the safety of our citizens through the power of shared brotherhood. By communicating with those chosen by our people, I will guarantee results from this conclave gathering of misfit mages.

Allow me to direct you to my impeccable record as a candidate:
- Once revived the Diviner, so I am trustworthy with power.
- Widely considered to have been a town member across many games.
- Once managed to remain alive for thirteen days and nights in a hostile and unforgiving environment.
- Helped a poor town full of orphans receive hot, delicious meals in the form of soup, following my martyred death by burning at the stake.

I trust you, there is nobody better qualified for this position than me, Pilot. I ask the citizens of this Town to put their faith in the right man - not a liar, witch, or crook - but a fellow citizen, and a true Townie at heart. A man who has the interests of his people at heart. A man who works well with others and can deliver on these promises.

Elect Pilot for Council 2013.

More serious answer: As it's early in the game, we need some discussion to be generated before we can start generate and therefore act on reads. As it stands, I find your efforts towards moving the game forward laudable, but I feel it's too early to truly define any course of action. (Some people are better for election based on meta, but meta should not be used as a definitive argument once things get rolling.)
05-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Vote Boogey for rampant sillyness.
elect cat because why not?
05-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Elect: Pilot
I mean, DAMN, Elect: Pilot!

And vote: Pala because I am still totally mad about The Resistance!
Just kidding, you did great in that game and deserved your win.
05-08-2013, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 09:55 AM by A Killer Cuppa Tea.)
Elect: Tea

Vote: Darcy

Actually, you know what.

Elect: Sotek

And can we have some discussion about mechanics? I've kinda forgotten some of the intricacies from the last time, and i think a good long nak about mechanics would help us all in that aspect, too.

holy shit i have no idea how that became an edit. I coulda sworn i was making a new post what.

aha, thats why: subsequent posts become edits.

Neat feature, im not sure how i feel about it?
05-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Elect Cat!
I'm really good at nightactions.
Please give me (another?!?!?) one.
Also it will make me talk to at least two people!
05-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Or it will make two people (one of whom was elected in by scum) talk to each other or just sit and waste the whole night.

I KNOW YOU CAT.

(Actually I've heard you're actually a talkative mason person but still I'd rather have someone who will also talk in thread? If for no other reason than I can't trust someone who doesn't give me a legit reason to).
05-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Pala you know that I'm actually the best mason. Remember All-Stars? Remember... well I'm sure there was another game but my point stands!
05-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah I know you're a good mason... I said so remember?

But uh. Anyone could be elected for this masoning including scum so I'm not super happy electing you over someone who's going to (potentially) seem town in thread.
05-08-2013, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 10:13 AM by Cat.)
We can only elect people who are alive and we can't elect the same person twice!
It's not like you're powering me up the whole game. It's just one night. C'mon, it couldn't hurt~ :3

I meant to say twice in a row.
05-08-2013, 10:23 AM
We can't elect the same person two nights in a row, we could hypothetically alternate between four people the whole game

QE: oh wait yeah you knew that herpderp

Tell you what if you at least put in a talking effort (beyond just 'elect me plz') I'll strongly consider it. Or if there are no stronger options whatsoever. If however I'm going to elect someone based on the 'I really want to be elected' argument Pilot's beating you by a mile as of this moment.
05-08-2013, 10:58 AM
So, to get things a little moving: Are we going to do the private-vote manipulation thing again?
05-08-2013, 11:07 AM
@Pilot - i dont think we are, cos there were countermeasured built into the setup afaik.
05-08-2013, 12:08 PM
RE: MAGICHUNT 1.5 Replacements?
(05-07-2013 04:04 PM)anacreon Wrote:  Cat was the entire coven last game because her team out lurked her.

[Image: LLIkW.gif]
Oh really now.

(05-08-2013 10:58 AM)TehPilot Wrote:  So, to get things a little moving: Are we going to do the private-vote manipulation thing again?

No because breaking the game is NO FUN.

Vote: Sotek
Elect: Pala

Pala because helping the town at this point. Even if he's scum, he would probably help town in the Council, given we don't elect three scum.

Of course I'm always an option for Council membership, seeing as I will always talk. ;~

Cat I forgot you were Cat hi. We learn who the town secretly elected into council, yes? I mean eventually we kind of would anyway? But do we know going into the night who we voted in? Because that would make things better.

HEY YO INOX
(05-08-2013 09:43 AM)Inox Wrote:  Elect: Pilot

Explain pls
05-08-2013, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 12:38 PM by Inox.)
HEY YO VIC
(05-08-2013 12:08 PM)Mister Visceral Wrote:  HEY YO INOX
(05-08-2013 09:43 AM)Inox Wrote:  Elect: Pilot

Explain pls

I found his campaign so awesome that it warranted an elect vote. I figured that much was evident.
Was it not evident?

As for the private vote manipulation thing, doing that sounds somewhat anti-town (if only marginally). Considering it involves mafias weighing in on a town-exclusive kinda deal.

I'm curious however... what happens if the privatevote is tied for majority? If town and mafia elect the same person?

EBWOP *facedesk 21 times*

I'm embarassed, ignore the last bit.
Seriously just.... pretend that never happened.
Geez.
05-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Vote: Archon Shiva so they can get back to work.

Elect: Cat Because I think she's town?

Inox I will pretend that happened for every post you make for the rest of the game.
05-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Hello

Votals incoming soon

BUT

@Vic - no, please try to break the game.

However, everyone please note important Ogre role change re: Private Elections

Doctor Who: The Forgotten Doctor
Escape the Day
05-08-2013, 01:27 PM
(05-08-2013 12:35 PM)Inox Wrote:  HEY YO VIC
I found his campaign so awesome that it warranted an elect vote. I figured that much was evident.
Was it not evident?

It wasn't evident. D: If it was a srs business election then support your reasoning for the election. If it wasn't srs business we can be on our merry way.
05-08-2013, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 01:40 PM by Scoffles.)
Votal Signs

Lynches

Cat (2) -
Ixta, Cat
Pilot (1) - Pilot
Tea (3) - Caliborn, Pala, Collen
Ixta (1) - Crilly
Inox (1) - Boogeyman
Boogeyman (1) - yd12k
Palalalalala (1) - Inox
Deceptive (1) - Tea
Sotek (1) - Vic
Archon (1) - Devious1

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Council Election

Ixta (1) -
Ixta
Pilot (2) - Pilot, Inox
Palameedez (3) - Caliborn, Pala, Mr. Visceral
Cat (5) - Cat, Crillz, Collen, yd12k, Devious
Boogeyman (1) - Boogeyman
Sotek (1) - Tea

Doctor Who: The Forgotten Doctor
Escape the Day
05-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Vote: donut
Elect: donut

Because first on the playerlist and I'm tired tonight I'll actually read the thread tomorrow
05-08-2013, 02:23 PM
(05-08-2013 01:27 PM)Mister Visceral Wrote:  It wasn't evident. D: If it was a srs business election then support your reasoning for the election. If it wasn't srs business we can be on our merry way.

Ah nah it was just an unsrs election so far, but Pilot is still someone I'm okay with electing based on meta alone.
05-08-2013, 05:19 PM
(05-08-2013 10:58 AM)TehPilot Wrote:  So, to get things a little moving: Are we going to do the private-vote manipulation thing again?

For those of us who didn't play last time, what exactly is this referring to? I mean I can guess the gist of it, but how exactly did it go down?
05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Vote Inox

Elect Tea

because he's a familiar face. And Inox posted right before me.

So, llast mid term is tomorrow, after thats done and over with i'll have time to read the thread, for now i'm going to sleep!
05-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Elect Pala
Lynch Inox

First for amount of content posted so far, second for consistency.

What's with the self-lynching, btw? CPN running joke?
05-08-2013, 09:30 PM
(05-08-2013 05:19 PM)Boogeyman Wrote:  For those of us who didn't play last time, what exactly is this referring to? I mean I can guess the gist of it, but how exactly did it go down?

In the previous game, two council electees would be agreed upon. The playerlist would be split in half, and each half would set their private vote to one of the two specified electees. Depending on who got in, the coven could be narrowed down as coven members lacked a private vote.

While it was a pretty good plan, it's be countermeasured via Ogre now. I hadn't seem that change, so I though the "council plan" would be effective again.
05-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Yea, pala seems pretty townie to me for once.

I'd like people who havent yet checked in to check in, tho.
05-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Oooo, Pilot's campaign was super impressive, Elect Pilot.

Archon def took early elections too seriously. Why worry about that when we're all in randomness anyway?
05-09-2013, 03:39 AM
(05-09-2013 01:31 AM)Ixtaccihuatl Wrote:  Oooo, Pilot's campaign was super impressive, Elect Pilot.

Archon def took early elections too seriously. Why worry about that when we're all in randomness anyway?

1. What do you think was impressive about Pilot's campaign?
2. We should get out of RVS as soon as we can, yes?
3. Why not place a vote down on Archon if you think what he did was fishy?
05-09-2013, 03:59 AM
(05-08-2013 07:40 AM)Boogeyman Wrote:  ^ The very first election vote cast for me in any game. I'm gonna put it on the fridge.

Lies, pretty sure I elected in you in some game under the logic of you being a cool new guy. Lynch Boogie

Elect Deceptive

(Literally just took my last final an hour ago. This started at the perfect time for me.)
05-09-2013, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 04:14 AM by Ixtaccihuatl.)
Two main things.
One: Pilots post was amusing, but it also had content things. He's taking a risk, by also telling people to move on from randomness, and actually giving some real reasons why he might be a good pick. He made something that could generate discussion, much more so than some others. I'm not sure a witch would take the risk of wanting the job so openly? The amount of attention drawn may not be in a witch's best interest? Asking one or two questions is actually pretty safe, I'd expect to see witches doing something like that now or starting son. Opening yourself to other people's questions and criticisms is completely different though, it takes some confidence. Some witches might have that too, but it's still the very beginning of the game, and it's definitely worth a vote change on my part to see what comes up for or against him.
Which leads me to number two... by lending some support to his case, it forces everyone else to take it more seriously, so that he'll be heavily scrutinized, we'll get more real discussion going on, and we'll be able to see what kind of things pop up as we question each other's motives. It's certainly more useful for me to have a vote on him at this point than it is to have a vote on myself, which was never really intended to be serious anyway. That doesn't mean I'm fully endorsing him as 100% town though, at the end of the day, I'll have my vote on whoever seems the most towny, which may continue to be him, or may change to someone else. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

That was in regards to Mister Visceral's post, btw.
and forgot to answer the other ones.
yes, see above, and for number 3, Did I say fishy? i don't think i said fishy. :P I didn't change it because I see no reason to change my vote at this time.
05-09-2013, 04:18 AM
(05-09-2013 04:12 AM)Ixtaccihuatl Wrote:  Two main things.
One: Pilots post was amusing, but it also had content things. He's taking a risk, by also telling people to move on from randomness, and actually giving some real reasons why he might be a good pick. He made something that could generate discussion, much more so than some others. I'm not sure a witch would take the risk of wanting the job so openly? The amount of attention drawn may not be in a witch's best interest? Asking one or two questions is actually pretty safe, I'd expect to see witches doing something like that now or starting son. Opening yourself to other people's questions and criticisms is completely different though, it takes some confidence. blah blah good things blah

Awesome! You're good. I just looked at Pilot's beginnings of an election wagon and saw potential for easy jumps. Looks like you saw it a little bit, too.

Your point with the witches is valid, but I would warn against thinking only townies will campaign for those spots - the more witches on the council, the better for them. Obviously.

Also, look out for witches in the open. That's always a pretty good thing to keep in mind. :K
05-09-2013, 04:54 AM
Of course, they're always going to be trying to look as towny as possible, which means trying to pull towny moves. And I do know that sometimes the most audacious moves are the ones that win witches the most town cred, but at least if they are trying to pull that off, there's a lot of chances for a slip... potentially anyway.
but hey, if it was easy to sort out who was who, we wouldn't be playing the game. :P
05-09-2013, 08:22 AM
elect: anacreon because i actually do tend to talk more in chats like that. Granted it is a gamble with the meta i have.

So far i like Ix, MV and Pilot.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
05-09-2013, 08:30 AM
I would like to point out to Ix that this is perhaps the one hunt (off the top of me head) in which scum can safely push to get themselves elected - there's no longer any sort of straight cop so they don't really have to risk being checked by one just because they won it.

Not sure if I'm happy with Ix's pilotreasonings either (beyond the noticing a bandwagon thing). I mean that's pretty heavily a joke '_____ for president' post that always exists in games with elections? Before I judge much further I'd kind of like to hear opinions on Visceral, Archon, Cat, and me.

Visceral what is it with you and Magichunts? Usually you're at least a candidate for lynch fodder by now but here. Here you are one of my top townreads yet again :P.

Are you scum again?
05-09-2013, 08:57 AM
I dont think i can pull the mv is being too town reason to lynch him like i did in the last game because odds of him being scum again are low.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
05-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Anacreon what?
05-09-2013, 10:53 AM
(05-08-2013 09:30 PM)TehPilot Wrote:  In the previous game, two council electees would be agreed upon. The playerlist would be split in half, and each half would set their private vote to one of the two specified electees. Depending on who got in, the coven could be narrowed down as coven members lacked a private vote.

While it was a pretty good plan, it's be countermeasured via Ogre now. I hadn't seem that change, so I though the "council plan" would be effective again.

Very clever.

(05-09-2013 12:29 AM)A Killer Cuppa Tea Wrote:  Yea, pala seems pretty townie to me for once.

We should check Tea for signs that he has been bodysnatched or something. I dunno what we're gonna all talk about D1 without a good Tea/Pala fight. I even made a bunch of popcorn for everyone, and now it's all ruined!

(05-09-2013 03:59 AM)Deceptive Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 07:40 AM)Boogeyman Wrote:  ^ The very first election vote cast for me in any game. I'm gonna put it on the fridge.

Lies, pretty sure I elected in you in some game under the logic of you being a cool new guy. Lynch Boogie

Elect Deceptive

(Literally just took my last final an hour ago. This started at the perfect time for me.)

My... shame is great.

Elect: Deceptive

Accept my apologies.

I am a terrible person.
05-09-2013, 01:26 PM
(05-09-2013 08:57 AM)anacreon Wrote:  I dont think i can pull the mv is being too town reason to lynch him like i did in the last game because odds of him being scum again are low.

Ehhhhh isn't that kind of gambler's fallacy? Just because MV has been scum a lot doesn't influence whether or not he'll be scum again... unless scoffles took pity on his poor soul. But that would be bastard modding I think? I dunno.

In any case, I have to agree with Palapala that the exchange between MV and Ix seemed a bit off to me. To be honest, when I read that question I expected Ix to laugh at his face for taking something like that so seriously. But then he responded the way he did.... Hmm. In truth, I skipped over Pilot's post because it was long and seemed mostly like a joke, so if there were actual serious bits I missed them.
05-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Asdf okay vote: Anacreon because I'm sitting on an RVSvote and because that reasoning is all kinds of off.

Anacreon, why precisely do you like MV?