Signups ONW (6/10) Round X+3: Bound to Happen Eventually
07-13-2015, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2016 02:43 PM by Granolaman.)
ONW (6/10) Round X+3: Bound to Happen Eventually
Because there only ever seems to be one game running at a time here, and because being dead/replacement limbo/non-participation is boring, I've decided to host a One Night Werewolf thread. How do you play werewolf in one night? I'll let cyber95 from Eagletime explain:

cyber95 Wrote:It starts out with a single Night 0 phase, wolves find out their team, roles cause varying amounts of chaos, all that good stuff.

Then you have one normal day phase, in which everybody argues with each other about who's a wolf and which of the three people claiming to be seer is telling the truth and etc etc etc. I'm thinking a two or three day time limit. Traditional is ten minutes but you know, that might not work so well in a forums format when people are in all sorts of time zones.

Once the time limit is up, everybody has to shut up and may only cast a lynch vote, or vote to no lynch. I mean, you can vote before the time limit, but you can also change it at time up. Time limit can also be cut short if enough people agree to end it early.

If a Wolf is killed in the vote, or the town agrees to abstain when there are no wolves, the Town wins. If a Townie is killed in the vote, the Wolves win, even if there are none.

In each round there are thirteen possible roles, ten of which will be randomly distributed to players. The remaining three can be viewed or traded with based on given role powers. Speaking of which, these are those roles.

Role List Wrote:Doppelganger (1) - Before anybody else acts, views one other player's card, and becomes that role and alignment. If a Werewolf or a Mason, they act at the same time as them as they would if they were that role normally. If a Minion, finds out who the wolves are before the regular minion. Most any other role with a night action she performs before even the werewolves find out who each other are, except the insomniac, and of course, roles without a night action at all.
Anybody who views the role, or a Robber that takes the role, will only be able to identify the role as Doppelganger, and not its alignment or copied role.

Werewolf (2) - Wins if no werewolves are lynched. If there is only one werewolf, may view one of the three unused roles.
Minion (1) - Wins if the werewolves win. Knows who the wolves are, but the wolves do not know who he is.
Tanner (1) - Wins if lynched. So, y'know, your jester/fool what have you. Steals the win from everybody else.

Villager roles win if either one of the Werewolves is lynched. The Minion does not count as a werewolf.
Mason (2) - Knows who the other Mason is.
Seer (1) - May view one other person's role, or view two of the unused roles.
Robber (1) - May trade own role with another player, and then views own new role. The other player is not notified.
Troublemaker (1) - May choose two players to swap their roles. Does not view either, neither player is notified.
Drunk (1) - Swaps own role with one of the three unused roles. Does not view new role.
Insomniac (1) - Views own role at the end of the night to see if it has changed.
Hunter (1) - If voted to be lynched, will revenge kill their own vote target.

Priority of actions being resolved is from top to bottom on the role list.

Basically a round of good ol' night action hell. Alignments will change, half the town'll think they're Tanners, and no one will believe the Seer.

I'm putting up signups now, capping at 10 per round (I'm sure there'll be more than one round). Priority'll go to people not currently alive in an active game, and if I get a full roster of such people I'll start the game immediately, otherwise I'll just send out roles and collect actions and daystart once City Slickers hits Night 5.

Round 1:
1. Palamedes Robber
2. Speedchuck Werewolf
3. dichotomousCreator Hunter
4. AProcrastinatingWriter Tanner
5. phantomEclipse Seer
6. Alter Eagle Mason
7. Mirdini Werewolf
8. Garuru Insomniac
9. The Other Guy DoppleMason
10. Dank Memes Mason

Round 2:
1. Amosmyn Doppelganger
2. Speedchuck Werewolf
3. DichotomousCreator Drunk
4. Druplesnubb Tanner
5. Coldblooded Troublemaker
6. Alter Eagle Hunter
7. SupahKiven Mason
8. The Other Guy Mason
9. Dank Memes Insomniac
10. Palamedes Robber

Round 3:
1. Mirdini Drunk
2. SupahKiven Werewolf
3. Vancho1 Seer
4. Paranoia Mason
5. Dank Memes Troublemaker
6. Coldblooded Mason
7. The Other Guy Tanner
8. Garuru Hunter
9. PhantomEclipse Minion
10. Anacreon Robber

Round 4 Presignups:
1. Palamedes
2. Speedchuck
3. druplesnubb
4. dC
5. Amos
6. APW
7. ToG
8. icanhasdonut
9. anacreon
10. Reaverb

[Fill in other rounds when not lazy]

Round X:
1. Coldblooded
2. Granolaman
3. dichotomousCreator
4. speedchuck
5. icanhasdonut
6. phantomEclipse
7. Garuru
8. Druplesnubb
9. anacreon
0. Alter Eagle

Round X+1:
1. dichotomousCreator
2. speedchuck
3. Granolaman
4. Druplesnubb
5. Garuru
6. icanhasdonut
7. phantomEclipse
8. amosmyn
9. The Other Guy
0. Sotek

Replacements:
Pffffthaha

Link to the Eagletime Version
07-13-2015, 11:33 AM
RE: One Night Werewolf (2/10)
This is going to be so much fun.
07-13-2015, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2015 01:02 PM by dichotomousCreator.)
Yeah alright let's go, I'm dead in City Slickers anyway.

EDIT: I'm assuming that if the town decides to no lynch when there ARE wolves then the wolves win? And that if the Hunter revenge kill hits a wolf the town wins?

DOUBLE EDIT: Starting a petition to rename the Seer role to "Cassandra"

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
07-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Ahahahaha

Oh wow

in

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
07-13-2015, 01:04 PM
If Town No Lynches with Wolves, Wolves win.

If the Hunter hits Wolf, it counts as a lynch and Town wins.
07-13-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: One Night Werewolf (4/10)
in

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
07-13-2015, 05:17 PM
Huzzah.
07-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Screeches in
07-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Werewolf Lawyer

(in)
07-13-2015, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2015 10:03 PM by Druplesnubb.)
Quote:Doppelganger (1) - Before anybody else acts, views one other player's card, and becomes that role and alignment. If a Werewolf or a Mason, they act at the same time as them as they would if they were that role normally. If a Minion, finds out who the wolves are before the regular minion. Most any other role with a night action she performs before even the werewolves find out who each other are, except the insomniac, and of course, roles without a night action at all.
Anybody who views the role, or a Robber that takes the role, will only be able to identify the role as Doppelganger, and not its alignment or copied role.
Robber (1) - May trade own role with another player, and then views own new role. The other player is not notified.
Troublemaker (1) - May choose two players to swap their roles. Does not view either, neither player is notified.
Drunk (1) - Swaps own role with one of the three unused roles. Does not view new role.
Insomniac (1) - Views own role at the end of the night to see if it has changed.

How do these roles work exactly?
If the Doppelganger targets a mason, does he learn of both other masons, and does the other masons learn about both other masons?
If the Robber targets the Seer, who gets to pick a player to check? If it's the latter, won't the Seer be notified that he's no longer a Seer when his check doesn't result in anything?
If the Rober targets a Mason, who learns about the other Mason, and who does the other Mason learn about?
Does the Drunk and Troublemaker's switches happen before or after other role actions? Should every single player post a Seer target just in case they get turned into a Seer by the Troublemaker?
How can the Insomniac view his role to see if it has changed if changing his role means that he's by definition not an Insomniac anymore? Does he only check his role if he gets turned into an Insomniac from something else?
07-13-2015, 10:26 PM
As Granola's post says: Priority of actions being resolved is from top to bottom on the role list.

A. The doppelganger joins as a third mason, tri-mason party
B. The Robber would simply become the Seer, the Seer still gets their result as they have priority, the Robber does not get a Seer action.
C. The Robber would simply be told they're now a Mason, but they aren't informed of who the other mason is (mason action has priority over robber action).
D. Drunk/Troublemaker's swaps happen after other role actions.
E. Insomniac is weird and keeps their action in reserve until after all roles have done their stuff, then triggers it regardless of what role they currently are. Someone swapping into an insomniac role does not get to use that action.
07-14-2015, 01:16 AM
Quote:no one will believe the Seer

*glares at Granola*

... fine. in.

[Image: sig.gif]
07-14-2015, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2015 08:00 PM by The Other Guy.)
RE: One Night Werewolf (8/10)
Let's pretend like I understand what the blazes is going on here.

I really shouldn't joIN this game but I think I'm gonna anyways

Quickedit: While nothing's confirmed as of yet, I might be away from an Internet connection for one day in the next couple. I'll give a shout before I head off, but if we get a 10th member before-hand can we start a little late, maybe Thursday or so? If not maybe I'll step out since I don't wanna go another game of 'afk until I get booted' again

Edit x2 combo: everything's sorted, I'm good to go whenever

...What? Just keep scrolling.
07-16-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: One Night Werewolf (8/10)
[Image: this-is-fine-meme-500x272c.jpg]

/in
07-17-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: One Night Werewolf (10/10) Sending Roles
Alrighty, Imma start sending roles. Those of you with actions please send them promptly. Everyone else, confirmation PMs are nice.

Keep an eye on both this thread and City Slickers cuz Day Start is still nebulous and this game tends to go fast.
07-21-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: One Night Werewolf (10/10) Round 1 Start
Round One

Night falls on Westgate City, it's inhabitants pressed beneath a never-ending siege of drama and death. Grim fates await those poor souls as exhaustion takes them over. They warily return to their beds, praying they wake in the morning.

Meanwhile on the exact opposite side of the world, in the small hamlet of Panickton, chipper villagers cheerfully greet the dawn. Coffee's made, shops open and townsfolk greet their neighbors as they gather their morning papers. Absolutely nothing could ruin this blissful morning. That is, until they notice today's headline

[Image: accaa11d6d67f214a42114f85511469f.png]

Panicked naturally ensued.

With tempers high and paranoia higher, the only sensible solution was a good ol' fashion Panickton brand Witch Hunt.

DAYSTART

DO THE THING

DAY ENDS 11PM CST JULY 23 OR WHEN SIX PLAYERS VOTE: DAYEND AT WHICH POINT EVERYONE HAS 24 HOURS TO VOTE AND ONLY VOTE.
07-21-2015, 03:04 PM
Lynch: dC

we all know this is going to be the first train of the day so let's just get it over with >_>

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
07-21-2015, 03:05 PM
Lynch DC because DC is always scum*

as proven many times over

*Results may vary

07-21-2015, 03:05 PM
Sure I'm down

vote: dc

07-21-2015, 04:55 PM
dC obvious werewolf pls to lynch lol

No but seriously tho,
Someone come forward with some actual information.

Robber needs to come forward and say who he stole from and then what he got. If we establish there is no robber before others start claiming info, I will disbelieve all robber claims going forward.

This ain't mafia, this is One Night Werewolf. There is guaranteed to be at least one town with information ITT right now, and since we only get one lynch they may as well step on up and tell us before we make our votes.
07-21-2015, 05:59 PM
I don't know what I'm doing.

Lynch Alter Eagle for reasons.

I'm pretty sure that saying my role straight-up is a terrible idea so I'll keep my pants on for now but I should have some info on who's town (implying that any type of knowledge is useful in this game my god)

I really hope I haven't screwed up already that'd kind of suck

07-21-2015, 06:03 PM
*hands fidget at pants*

OOOOOHHH I WANNA

but i cant

07-21-2015, 06:04 PM
EBWOP: I completely forgot that I put a random lynch on that.

Yes, I did post it like 5 minutes ago.

Yes, I do wish I was lying.

unlynch Alter Eagle because really wtf am I doing

07-22-2015, 12:13 AM
Sooo.... I've played this IRL only once, so I might be slow getting around to this, but I think that Dank is right. There are some town roles that should just come out.
07-22-2015, 12:28 AM
Dopplegangeeeeeer

*Shakes his fists at the skies*

Is also an important role to claim unless they have direct reasons not to.

Idea: Someone on the dC lynch is scum otherwise they'd realize that with three votes a werewolf team and minion could hammer~
07-22-2015, 01:12 AM
I don't think there is hammering? The rules say day ends when time is up or six people VOTE: DAYEND. Or does it mean those two scenarios or someone gets hammered?

Either way...minion would be the only one who knew that there were three scum players so I doubt a three-person hammer is feasible. They wouldn't be able to easily coordinate and due to the one-night nature of the game any screwup would lead to an easy town win.

07-22-2015, 02:16 AM
(07-22-2015 12:28 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Idea: Someone on the dC lynch is scum otherwise they'd realize that with three votes a werewolf team and minion could hammer~

You're going to cast aspersions during the random voting stage? Uh huh. Vote: Palamedes

07-22-2015, 02:18 AM
(07-22-2015 01:12 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Either way...minion would be the only one who knew that there were three scum players so I doubt a three-person hammer is feasible. They wouldn't be able to easily coordinate and due to the one-night nature of the game any screwup would lead to an easy town win.

that AND they are short one scummate

07-22-2015, 02:18 AM
*halfway rips pants*

07-22-2015, 02:34 AM
That isn't . . .

That isn't actually halfway, unless you're claiming to be playing for the other team

[spoilers]unless I'm missing sommething, which is possible[/spoiler]

07-22-2015, 03:28 AM
(07-22-2015 02:34 AM)AProcrastinatingWriter Wrote:  That isn't . . .

That isn't actually halfway, unless you're claiming to be playing for the other team

[spoilers]unless I'm missing sommething, which is possible[/spoiler]
Seer.
07-22-2015, 04:14 AM
(07-16-2015 03:48 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 03:59 PM)Carnegie Wrote:  [Image: bonobos-tear-away-air-balls-chinos-comfy...icient.jpg]
it's this but pE is just taking them off for everyone else

aside from that, other then apw some people who i'd like to lynch are anac and beruru

07-22-2015, 05:06 AM
(07-22-2015 01:12 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  I don't think there is hammering? The rules say day ends when time is up or six people VOTE: DAYEND. Or does it mean those two scenarios or someone gets hammered?

Either way...minion would be the only one who knew that there were three scum players so I doubt a three-person hammer is feasible. They wouldn't be able to easily coordinate and due to the one-night nature of the game any screwup would lead to an easy town win.

I totally forgot there was a dayend vote, that is entirely my bad. If there wasn't, remember that the wolves know each other and all the minion has to do is place the fourth vote! But that is not the case and I am an idiot.

(07-22-2015 02:16 AM)AProcrastinatingWriter Wrote:  You're going to cast aspersions during the random voting stage? Uh huh. Vote: Palamedes

Oh hi, this is ONW there is no random voting stage. Plus, if I hadn't forgotten about the dayend vote it would be a completely valid point, not an aspersion at all! But hi, thanks for making this easy.

Also helps that you immediately jump to pE scum as being the only reason why there'd be only one wolf when, you know, odds are that he's not someone we want lynched (unless he's just bullshitting but hey, even then).

Vote: Writer

If pE is seer I hope we don't have a drunk around either.
07-22-2015, 05:30 AM
pE: Give it to us straight. What did you see?
07-22-2015, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2015 05:36 AM by Dank Memes.)
(07-22-2015 02:16 AM)AProcrastinatingWriter Wrote:  You're going to cast aspersions during the random voting stage? Uh huh.

(07-22-2015 05:06 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Oh hi, this is ONW there is no random voting stage.

First: What Palamedes said. This is One Night Werewolf, RVS is not a thing. Town starts off with definite information about the roles of other players, voting randomly is essentially an "I don't care who gets lynched so long as it's not me" thing.

Second: Minion and Tanner both are things that exist. Both will be trying to act as scummy as plausibly believable, in order to attract the lynch. Scumtells in this game are as much curses as they are blessings.

Third:
[Image: old-real-shady.jpg]
Will the real robber pls to stand up, thx.

EDIT: I deleted a quote because it was out of place
07-22-2015, 06:54 AM
Alternate possibility: pE is the only Werewolf, and saw with his power that one of the unused roles was Seer! I considered this possibility about equal until you suddenly came onto me really hard for acknowledging the possibility, Pala! Trying to play to your wincon, huh Minion?

Vote: phantomEclipse

07-22-2015, 07:58 AM
Vote: Alter Eagle
07-22-2015, 08:35 AM
(07-22-2015 06:54 AM)AProcrastinatingWriter Wrote:  Alternate possibility: pE is the only Werewolf, and saw with his power that one of the unused roles was Seer! I considered this possibility about equal until you suddenly came onto me really hard for acknowledging the possibility, Pala! Trying to play to your wincon, huh Minion?

Vote: phantomEclipse

Dose assumptions. Man.
07-22-2015, 09:20 AM
@Pala: The werewolves wouldn't know there WAS a minion, though. By both of them piling on me, they'd be gambling that one is in the setup.

dini explain pls

pE explain pls

will figure out who to vote later

07-22-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm the robber, fuckin' fight me

someone is no longer a mason
07-22-2015, 01:01 PM
for clarification: I stole the mason card off of mystery mason person

Said ex-mason is now the robber (if the Doppler hit me, and then we happened to Robber the same target I'm pretty sure I'd have stolen the Doppler card off them instead? Granola plz verify) but they found out their mason partner (or lack thereof) before I Robbered, so we can possibly settle up to three claims simultaneously.

I am now the Mason and my target is now the Robber, unless the Troublemaker got to either of us after I Robbered.

Would the persons(s) who were notified that they were Masons please claim now. (Modquery: if the Doppel hits a Mason, do the original mason(s) learn the Doppel is also a mason?)
07-22-2015, 01:06 PM
If a DoppelRobber and a Robber target the same person, the Robber would receive the Doppler card.

If a Doppel targets a Mason, the original mason(s) learn the Doppel is also a Mason.
07-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Yeeeeeah Eagle as Masons with Mirdini I don't recall seeing anything about you being Mason so uh

Vote: Alter Eagle

07-22-2015, 01:58 PM
EBWOP: Oh shoot wait I read that wrong unvote

. . . aw, frick

07-22-2015, 02:04 PM
...so, APW is a mason and was informed dini was a mason

and I am assuming dini was not given any mason information due to being robbed of masonhood?

Does that mean Eagle did or did not receive mason information (if he is in fact a robber who took a mason card?)

Actually just Modquery: What happens, both to the robber and to the robbed mason, when a robber targets a mason?

07-22-2015, 02:20 PM
let's just say as of before shenanigans, there was no Troublemaker or Minion

hence why the whole 3 vote hammer thing was a no

07-22-2015, 02:21 PM
and yea, seer claim

i should never be trusted with info roles

07-22-2015, 02:23 PM
No minion, huh? What a nice coincidence for you.

frick frick frick frick frick frick

07-22-2015, 02:24 PM
EBWOP: Ahheck this is not my game, vote: phantomEclipse

07-22-2015, 02:25 PM
You suddenly understand nothing.