Signups ONW (6/10) Round X+3: Bound to Happen Eventually
07-22-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: One Night Werewolf (10/10) Round 1 Start
I'm trying to say I'm still pretty sure that phantomEclipse is actually the singular werewolf this game, and saw one of the unused roles as a result. He is now pretending to be a Seer and saying that the Minion was another unused role, when in fact he knows that either there really is no Minion or else a Minion isn't going to be dumb enough to conterclaim him. I'm also certain Palamedes is that Minion.

I mean, isn't it obvious from the way Palamedes jumped on me earlier? That was totally scum behavior.

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
surprised the Tanner didnt claim before me tbh. or really, any werewolf

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
A Robbed Mason knows the identity of any other Mason at the beginning of the night.

A Robber knows what card they stole from whom.

Barring other shenanigans, the Robber knows they are no longer the Robber and are now their target's role. A Robbed Mason does not know whether they have changed or not.
07-22-2015, 02:29 PM
also APW, youre wayyyy overthinking this

plus this is literally the two best possibilities for me to learn unless someone has had their role switched

07-22-2015, 02:37 PM
wait why the hell would a tanner or werewolf claim- oh I see, you mean why they didn't claim Seer.

Question for pE: What motivated you to choose "unused roles" instead of targeting another player and finding their role?

and I feel like there's something else going on but I'm not sure what.

APW: Do you have any reason beyond "no minion is convenient" to suspect pE's claim is false? Also, do you realize that if he saw Troublemaker as an unused role claiming Seer comes with a high risk of CC, and if he saw Seer as unused claiming Troublemaker is unused comes with a high risk of CC as well?

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
07-22-2015, 02:41 PM
(EBWOP: What I'm saying is, your theory that he's a sole werewolf with an unused role peek won't hold up unless he gambled on a small percentage chance that he wouldn't be opening himself up to a CC from either a Troublemaker or a Seer via this plan. If one of those two roles CCs then we can look at this re: is a wolf opportunistically CCing or is he trying to bait a CC and get them lynched, but if they don't then I find it highly unlikely he's bullshitting something this verifiable)

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
07-22-2015, 02:44 PM
#1. I am bad at fakeclaiming, see FTL Mafia for example

#2. I would like to see ANY of you CC me with your reason for it. It'll make this whole process so much quicker

07-22-2015, 02:48 PM
oh and to answer you DC. I legitimately thought that learning the two unused roles would be more beneficial since in any case. no one can counter that unless they either CC my exact role with a different action result. as well as anyone who tries to say im wrong on my results would have to provide a sufficient answer that is both believable and convincing enough to make me look like a fake

07-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Well, a CC can just claim one of your allegedly unused roles
Or claim Seer who looked at YOU (although that would be kind of suspect given the specificity and convenience >_>)
Hence, anyone with a Seer or Troublemaker claim should step forward to 50:50 the game between them and you
(unless you're a Tanner and making an intentionally borked claim to get lynched, which is why we should continue trying to solve even if a CC steps forward. Especially given the CC might be a Tanner as well!)

anyway I would have thought the thing to do would be hold onto your results and try to get the "Troublemaker" to claim, but I don't know this setup very well I guess

07-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Well alrighty den.

THANKS ALTER EAGLE, U ARE BROSEPH

Mirdini, for what it's worth, confirm you are what APW claims you are? If you do, pls to list who your mason bros are. Thx.
07-22-2015, 02:56 PM
@DC I have an account on EpicMafia called "LimitedEditionPepe" where my avatar is Communist Pepe and all i do is shit around and meme

it actually works out more than half the time and is very amusing

the only downside is that your more likely to be chosen by info roles/nightkills so meh.

This is the type of person I am. A Memer. The Meme President

07-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Yes I've gotten that from your other play, pE, thank you :V.

Seconding Dank. Dini, APW claims to have information that you're a mason. Please provide your input.

07-22-2015, 03:17 PM
(07-22-2015 02:56 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  This is the type of person I am. A Memer. The Meme President

Can confirm, I voted pE last meme election.

#pEforMemePresident2k16#4moreyears
07-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Troublemaker here, I swapped dank memes and DC.

[Image: sig.gif]
07-22-2015, 04:17 PM
Oh bloody hell.

Okay so ASSUMING GARU ISN'T LYING, just for the sake of argument, does that mean my role isn't the one I was PM'd but rather the one Dank was PM'd? Dank, is your role PM verifiable in any way? (Am I wrong about how Troublemaker works?)

(initial impression: Garu is lying, but Tanner, so we should ignore him. Reasoning: His claimed swap targets are two people who are currently talking and who have not claimed yet, and he didn't immediately vote to lynch the from his perspective lying pE)

07-22-2015, 04:22 PM
(bonus: not convinced werewolf!Garu would jump out with such a flimsy gambit when it was completely unnecessary, and not convinced pE is lying. Next most likely is Garu is telling the truth and pE is either a wolf or the Tanner, then Garu is a gambitting wolf. Throw minion in as desired)

wait how the hell DOES troublemaker work? If it swaps two people and they're not informed of the swap, does that mean I could be a werewolf and not know it if Dank's initial card was werewolf??? That seems shitty D:

And if it swaps the roles before we receive role card, then why does it even make a difference? Wouldn't it just be the equivalent of the two targets having been dealt their new card to begin with? (Unless like one of the people is Seer and gets to take their Seer action before swapping or something...)

07-22-2015, 04:36 PM
The Troublemaker swaps after everyone has received their roles and most night actions are finished. Players are not informed of their new roles unless they began the night as the Insomniac. Players may have altered alignments they are unaware of.
07-22-2015, 04:40 PM
...well that's bloody interesting.

Okay, thinking about it the alignment thing is actually pretty interesting.

Here's the plan. Dank, you're town. Please announce my alignment (i.e. your alignment before you were swapped)

07-22-2015, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2015 04:50 PM by Dank Memes.)
Troublemaker happens after role cards are assigned, in the initial night phase. IIRC they trigger after Seer and Robber but before Insomniac.

The Troublemaker selects two players, and swaps their roles. The Troublemaker does not view either of the roles being swapped.

Neither player is informed that their role is swapped, let alone what their new role is.

Role triggers before Day Start work off of your original role, role triggers after Day Start and win-cons work off your current role.

And yeah, you can be a werewolf without knowing it. You aren't, though.

[Image: of_course_you_can_trust_me_trollcat_answ...large.jpeg]

;D
07-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Oh right. DC, YOUR NEW ALIGNMENT IS: TOWN

CONGRATS BUDDY
07-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Hmm...It may be correct play at this point for me and you to out our received role cards in order to permit counterclaims against them. I do note that your statement is ambiguous enough that I (or you if Garu is lying scum/lying Tanner) could be Tanner or Minion. However, my suspicion from your post is that you took Garu's claim at face value and called the role I received a town one, which is incongruous with the behaviour I'd expect if you were dealt wolf (that being, you'd out that fact in order to collect a win)

If you agree we should both out our roles, I'll explain why I was willing to execute this plan despite the possibility it would cause me to lose.

07-22-2015, 05:01 PM
lol jk

07-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Yeah, okay, in retrospect, I was way too dumb to function and pE is almost certainly town. Garuru I can easily see as Tanner!Garu.

So that leaves three people unaccounted for, two of which are werewolf scum - Pala, speed, and the Other Guy. If day were to theoretically end right now we'd still have a two-in-three chance of winning, nice! Still, let's attempt to narrow that down. vote:speedchuck, WHAT ARE YOU

07-22-2015, 05:09 PM
okay I want to be mad but that was actually pretty smart
think that takes dank off the lynch table (for the reasons I outlined before, which don't go away just because Garu was gambitting)
so no role card outings and what the hell do we do now
wait for dini I guess?
inb4garudank scumteam >_>

07-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Uh, APW, there might be less than two werewolf scum. pE only saw two of the three role cards, the third one might be werewolf (although if it IS we're in luck because the werewolf isn't going to have a safe claim since pE saw the missing card). There's PROBABLY two wolves and they're PROBABLY in that group of three though.

(RELEVANT: Does town win or lose if we lynch the Minion?)

07-22-2015, 05:19 PM
town loses. minion = tanner except wolves win

07-22-2015, 05:22 PM
Huh? I could have sworn there were two werewolves. It was mentioned somewhere . . .

. . . huh. Again. Well, I guess I really am off my game today; completely imagined it. I think the thrust of my point still stands, though: we've got three people we need to look over, and quickly.

07-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Well yeah there are two werewolf cards. But there are ALSO three cards that aren't used. pE has seen two of them (Troublemaker and Minion) but the third is still a mystery. There's a 2 in 11 chance it's one of the two Werewolf cards (assuming pE is being truthful, which I suspect is the case at this point)

Agreed on the looking over thing though. Would like to request Palamedes claim first, then speed, then TOG. Nobody else claim or do anything to give your role away before then so we have the best chance of CCing one of them.

07-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Actually fuck that, I want Mirdini to come in here and claim something since APW claimed he was mason.
07-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Well I was mentally exempting dini because we already know his role. If he shows up and says he's not a mason, fine, but dini claiming mason doesn't count as providing new info on what not to claim. That's a good point though, dini still needs to verify APW's story.

07-22-2015, 05:58 PM
basically, correct me if im wrong, there is no way for those unused cards to be acquired right?

so that ensures that there is at least one werewolf with second "enemy" either werewolf/Tanner and a possible 3rd player to fill the remaining role not selected for the 2nd slot.

this also means the ww cant force a hammer as fast. not to mention they are probably dealing with a Tanner. The Tanner technically will call out their role close to last, or even last. so that they can be "safe." No wait nvm. they would just CC and try to look bad on purpose. If you want to get really technical, you can be towny most the game but be slightly scummy.

but the werewolves actually would either have to claim last, or one of the unused roles. which there is only one of those. Forcing someone to CC.

So we should technically have two CC's maybe three if we all "claim" (assuming my math is correct)

07-22-2015, 06:21 PM
So what I'm getting is that the Dopple should come out, right?

'Sup :D I nabbed Mason off of the Dankest of Memes, although I went first so I don't even know what's going on anymore

The Other Guy was me.

The OTHER other guy was Palamedes.

you do not realise how much I've wanted to say that

also I'm literally the Other Mason

I love this role <3

...What? Just keep scrolling.
07-22-2015, 06:26 PM
EBWOP: I need to think before I hit enter

Long story short, when last checked Pala and Dank Memes were Masons, as well as myself due to Doppldanker shenanigans. Either one of these guys should be able to confirm for me.

No idea what the are now though because THIS GAME WHY

Also I'm pretty sure something's up with Dini so guess where I'm lynching

...What? Just keep scrolling.
07-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Current Votals
dichotomousCreator: dichotomousCreator, phantomEclipse
AProcrastinatingWriter: Palamedes
Alter Eagle: Mirdini
speedchuck: AProcrastinatingWriter

The mod will make zero guesses or assumptions regarding ambigious votes thank you very much.
07-22-2015, 06:49 PM
pE: Drunk can acquire one of the face-down cards.

TOG: Oh come the fuck on are you serious :V

Current status of masons:
- TOG: Claimed Dopple masoncopier with Pala and Dank as Masons.
- Alter Eagle: Claimed Robber who stole Mason from <someone they haven't mentioned yet>. Eagle knows who their target is, which is theoretically good enough information to sort out the liar.
- APW: Claimed Mason with Mirdini as co-mason

So the current state of play is that TOG and APW are counter-claimed against each other, Pala and dini need to speak up, and Eagle is either a liar or has information that will tell us who's lying.

Also I want to know why if Dank's a mason he didn't CC the mason claim APW made.

07-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Yeah as far as I know at least I'm not a mason :B
07-22-2015, 07:00 PM
Oooooooookay

APW, your claimed mason buddy is bailing on you :V

Think we need a statement

07-22-2015, 07:00 PM
Oh also unvote
07-22-2015, 07:04 PM
All you had to do was back me up and we could have caught some scum, dude :I

Alright, so let's hear from speedchuck then!

07-22-2015, 07:07 PM
I was very asleep but yeah ahoy there Speedchoog
07-23-2015, 12:17 AM
Ok so APW who is your actual masonfriend?

Because I stole Mason off somebody and it was not you.
07-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Alright, so I can and will confirm The Other Guy's Claim. I am a mason, and was informed that both The Other Guy and Palamedes are both my mason bros.

I wanted to wait until *after* Mirdini had accepted or rejected the claim before revealing role, since I'm not entirely sure if APW is minion or not, and I wanted to see if Mirdini would bite.

But nvm lol.

Next up on the list for questions I want answered: HEY GARU WHATS UR ROLE, and if you are actually the troublemaker who did you swap

Also lastly, Alter Eagle can help! He claimed to have stolen a mason, now is the time to reveal who you stole from Alter Eagle. You have the power. Deep in your heart the power of the universe is yours to hold and cherish.
07-23-2015, 12:20 AM
Assuming Deens started the night as Mason there is no mechanical way he would know now that he is Not A Mason (he could be because troublefucking! But he wouldn't actually know that's the case), so APW was either lying about Deens being his mason partner, or he was lying about being a mason.

This will be most easily cleared up if the person I robbered (i.e. the person who I know for realsies was a mason) steps up and verifies if APW is their partner or not.
07-23-2015, 12:22 AM
(07-23-2015 12:20 AM)Alter Eagle Wrote:  This will be most easily cleared up if the person I robbered (i.e. the person who I know for realsies was a mason) steps up and verifies if APW is their partner or not.

So it's Palamedes, then?

Palamedes get in here pls
07-23-2015, 12:23 AM
Ah, good, so we're looking at two masons and a Doppelmason.

I indeed stole off Palamedes and learned he was the Mason.

I would have preferred that Pala's for-realsies Masonfriend (and Doppelmason friend) waited until I or Pala had outed, but I just realised that you wouldn't have known that Pala was the one who got Robbered. Whoops!
07-23-2015, 12:30 AM
lolyes. I'mma sleep for now, it's like 1 AM for me.

Things I would like to see happen

>Hey Garu whats ur role?
>Hey Mirdini whats ur role?
>Hey pE what do you think APW is?

G'night
07-23-2015, 12:30 AM
Garu backed out of the Troublemaker claim. It was largely a ploy to get a read on you and me, I suspect. Also if Garu is the Troublemaker then he's counterclaiming pE.

Eagle should back up the mason trio if possible (and honestly should have before they were all outed). From my perspective I am currently clearing Dank, TOG, and Palamedes for masonhood, pE and Eagle for lack of CC, and myself for private knowledge. That leaves APW, Mirdini, Garuru, and Speedchuck.

Of these I believe Garu is most likely town, and the remaining three are up in the air. APW came out aggressively against pE and Palamedes (pE even after a situation where pE was either town, going to be CC'd, or both lucky and making a risky play), and the other two have just been quiet.

Reminder that any claim of a Minion existing is also a claim that pE is lying, as he claims to have seen the Minion card being currently unused.
...alternatively, the Drunk might have taken the Minion card and may be reluctant to claim because they know there's at least a 1 in 3 chance they win with scum. However, the Drunk will not know that they're the Minion, meaning behaviour analysis to pick the minion is useless.

There is likely a Tanner. I'd bet on it being either Garu or APW (Garu for general trollishness, APW for hyperaggressive behaviour that looks prone to backfire and jumping on the opportunity to call someone ELSE the Tanner)

Thus, at this point I think we should push for claims out of Mirdini and Speedchuck.

07-23-2015, 12:37 AM
[Image: tumblr_m3xdvxNn8h1qgg3nso1_500.gif]
07-23-2015, 12:45 AM
Apologies for not contributing more but a. (I was asleep/at work) AHM DRUNK n' b. you Actual Masons seem to have things covered pretty well anyhow.

Also interested in what Speedchuck has to say (as well as APW because it's p. apparent he's not a mason). I think I more or less agree with dC's analysis.

speaking of which dC hasn't claimed yet either iirc? just that he's 'town' unless I missed something.
07-23-2015, 01:11 AM
Ok so from my POV I /know/ Palamedes was a mason as of nightstart. Dank Memes and TOG (who Dopplered Dank Memes at nightstart and thus showed up on the Masonsquad list when they showed up in the nightaction order) can corroborate that.

Short of any of us getting Troublefucked with a scum player and altering our wincon we should be golden. (which shouldn't be the case if PE's seerclaim is the truth, because even if the Drunk pulls Troublemaker from the pile that only changes their rolename, and does not confer extra abilities).

APW's lying through his teeth and because of the ability of the doppler+masons to verify there were three of them (plus robber for shits and gigs) that backfired badly. Either Tanner or one of the Wolves.

---

PE claims Seer and that the unused cards are Troublemaker and Minion; this means APW is probably a Werewolf if PE is telling the truth. Extremely unfortunate that of all the people he could've picked to be hypothetical-fakeseerclaim-wolf!PE-'s partner was Palamedes, who I can verify is pretty legit.

Garu comes out of left field with a counterclaim to PE's "Troublemaker unused" in the form of Dank Memes and DC being swapped by him. Were Garuru telling the truth about this, DC is now a mason and Dank Memes could potentially be scum, depending on what DC's role was. Garu retracts the claim shortly after however.

Aaaaand it looks like I've been beaten to the punch with most of this lmao

If anyone wants to refute PE's claim on the unused roles that'd be excellent, the game as is probably leaves little wriggle room for the scum once everyone's claimed, especially with the Troublefucker out of commission (you newbies don't appreciate how much more of a shitshow that roles makes this fucking game).