Category Rearrangement
07-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Category Rearrangement
I reorganized the forum categories such that the most popular sections of the forum are the most accessible. I also moved the more administrative forums down south and bumped up the general discussion section.

Might be confusing at first but it's going to reduce the amount of scrolling involved while browsing the site and get us to the places we want to be instead of glossing over those we don't.

Thought? Comments? Polite criticism? Cheers!
07-15-2015, 05:33 PM
RE: Category Rearrangement
I think it's a good idea - studies show that "above-the-fold" content gets more clicks than below-the-fold, and I definitely prefer less scrolling, especially on my phone.

The one, the only, Vancho!
07-15-2015, 11:45 PM
I really like this change. I have an idea though, what if we split the Game Design And Chocolate Pi's Articles to two sections, and leave the Articles in ChocPi's Stuff, and move Game Design either General or Forum Games? Might be getting a lot more traffic this way.

It is time time
07-16-2015, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2015 05:01 AM by amosmyn.)
I definitely agree with that. Game Design isn't really limited to his stuff, so I think it's deserving that we give it a bit more breathing room. Game Design probably would be best moved to General Discussion for now... might want to wait for it to get bigger before giving it its own category.

Demonsul proposed in the Mod forum that we have the announcements moved back to the top but leave the Site Feedback near the bottom.. maybe with CPI's section. Opinions on that?
07-16-2015, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2015 11:29 AM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
Game Design, I believe, should remain its own subforum as it discusses categories that can encompass mafia games, non-rp games and rp games. Chocpi's articles belong in game design because... witchhunt is a game of his design! Sticky it within the subforum though.

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
07-17-2015, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2015 12:51 AM by chimericWilder.)
The Game Design subforum would better serve its purpose if it was actually in the same category as the others, though, instead of hidden far away like it is now.

Also it doesnt make a lot of sense for it to be listed under chocolate-pi's stuff as he only actually started one of the threads in that subforum