Complete Winefia (Stray Votes At Mylo Edition) Game over! "Scum" win!
08-22-2015, 12:32 PM
RE: Winefia (2 - Electric Boogaloo) (17/17; 3/17 confirmed) Pregame started!
Actually no

Short: Phantomeclipse because he clearly needs assistance keeping his lower half covered
08-22-2015, 01:02 PM
You know what, I can agree with that

Short: phantomEclipse

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
08-22-2015, 01:03 PM
vote: pE nooooooeeee i want the shorts :(

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
08-22-2015, 03:26 PM
Shorts: phantomEclipse Because why not.
Vest: Crimson Smoke Because I want free items.
Murder: Acionyx So he dies day one instead of night onemspa
08-22-2015, 03:52 PM
alright so

Lynch: Fontisian because I am a terrible human being

Shorts: Dank Memes because wynaut

Vest: Crimson Smoke because do I really need a reason this early on

let's be real almost all of my votes are gonna change before the end of day 1 but hey let's watch shenanigans happen

...What? Just keep scrolling.
08-22-2015, 04:58 PM
yes, with this extra pair of pants, i wont reveal that i am in fact a cop again

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
08-22-2015, 05:01 PM
sotek, make a votal, since i know you love doing that

08-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Shorts: pE in the hopes that it makes it illegal for him to roleclaim at stupid times or something
Vest: Acio conditional on him performing to standard today (inb4 "bullet-susceptible vest" ._.)
Lynch: Crimson Smoke for claiming to have a murder available YOUR ANTITOWN IS SHOWING BRO

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
08-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Lynch:
anacreon (1): TehPilot
TehPilot (1): icanhasdonut
icanhasdonut (2): speedchuck, Dank Memes
Dank Memes (1): phantomEclipse
Mirdini (1): Acionyx
phantomEclipse (1): anacreon
Acionyx (1): Crimson Smoke
fontisian (1): The Other Guy
Crimson Smoke (1): dichotomousCreator

Surf Shorts:
phantomEclipse (5): phantomEclipse, Acionyx, AProcrastinatingWriter, Crimson Smoke, dichotomousCreator
icanhasdonut (1): icanhasdonut
anacreon (1): anacreon
speedchuck (1): speedchuck
Dank Memes (2): Dank Memes, The Other Guy

Vest:
Mirdini (1): phantomEclipse
Palamedes (1): Dank Memes
Acionyx (2): Acionyx, dichotomousCreator
Crimson Smoke (2): Crimson Smoke, The Other Guy
08-22-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: Winefia (2 - Electric Boogaloo) (17/17; 15/17 confirmed) Pregame started!
How I imagine each item:

Vest- "A luxurious dinner vest of deep black, cut exceedingly sharp. Item comes accompanied with fashionable red handkerchief, for prominent display in the upper-left most pocket. Agreeable with most tuxedo arrangements. Measurements are required on order for proper tailoring"

Surf Shorts- "COWABUNGA DUDE! THESE ROCKIN SHORTS ARE PERFECT FOR A DAY RIDING KILLER WAVES! TRIBAL DESIGN TO IMPRESS THE CHICKS! CHOOSE FROM SEA-SURF OR ELECTRIC BLUE COLOR SCHEME! COMES IN SIZES S M L OR XL."
08-23-2015, 12:48 AM
Yeah, Shorts to pE. The more layers the better.
08-23-2015, 01:51 AM
I like the assumptions we're making about the vest and the shorts. WE don't even know what they do!

Anyway:

Vote: Fontisian because the name sounds familiar.
Shorts: Paranoia/Myself because why the hell not!
Vest: Acionyx because it could be funny.
08-23-2015, 02:27 AM
I am with an expert on vests and all vest-related paraphernalia with a vested interest in vestments and vests and they concur that

Vest: Mirdini

If you require further proof please ask.

In the meantime I can also support Shorts: phantomEclipse and Vote: APW for not having invested in the vest vote (or the lynch vote but who are we kidding vest is life).
08-23-2015, 02:45 AM
I require further proof of your vest-pertise
08-23-2015, 03:12 AM
Dank you're a good meme(s?). I support your distribution.

Vote: donut
Vest: Pala
Shorts: Dank

I guarantee you all that I'd rock either of these items but I look extra snazzy in a vest.
08-23-2015, 03:35 AM
Vote: The Other Guy
Vest: The Other Guy

Hi.

I see Para has almost forgotten me, while I still remember him. Just. As. Planned.

(08-22-2015 05:36 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Shorts: pE in the hopes that it makes it illegal for him to roleclaim at stupid times or something
Vest: Acio conditional on him performing to standard today (inb4 "bullet-susceptible vest" ._.)
Lynch: Crimson Smoke for claiming to have a murder available YOUR ANTITOWN IS SHOWING BRO
You're tonally different from everyone else in the thread. Is that normal?
08-23-2015, 03:39 AM
vote acio
vest mirdini
because he seems alright

also yeah dc has that tone in most games afaik.
08-23-2015, 03:44 AM
If at all possible, I'd like to operate with the garcia rule in effect for my questions. If I ask someone a direct question, please wait for them to answer first before responding yourself. Though I do appreciate the sentiment, donut.
08-23-2015, 04:02 AM
I'm surprised I'm coming off as tonally different at first, but looking over the thread I think everyone ELSE is in a sillier (less verbose? More flippant?) mode than usual while I'm holding relatively steady (this IS winefia, after all). You're correct in that I do stand out, but donut is correct in that this is about how I usually am.

Which is unfortunate because that rule exists precisely to prevent me being able to answer by agreeing with someone previous! I would have given the same answer regardless, but of course there's no inherent reason to believe that. Hence the rule! Interesting that you're applying it to what could easily amount to a matter of bookkeeping (i.e. assessing people's baseline states in order to build reads based on them). Could be mere curiosity, could be noticing an oddity (in both these cases the rule is used simply out of principle)...or it could be a very early attempt at relevant information gathering!

All of those are protown in my opinion. Of course as an antitown player this would be perfect low hanging fruit to go after, but it's still a start.

(dC anomaly #2: I talk way too much. I am working on it but I've still only played a few games so I like to think out loud to get verification from the more experienced)

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
08-23-2015, 04:25 AM
(08-23-2015 03:35 AM)fontisian Wrote:  Vote: The Other Guy
Vest: The Other Guy

Hi.

I see Para has almost forgotten me, while I still remember him. Just. As. Planned.

(08-22-2015 05:36 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Shorts: pE in the hopes that it makes it illegal for him to roleclaim at stupid times or something
You're tonally different from everyone else in the thread. Is that normal?

yes this is normal, i think

08-23-2015, 04:30 AM
(08-23-2015 12:48 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  Yeah, Shorts to pE. The more layers the better.
(spoiler: not shrek)
http://worth1000.s3.amazonaws.com/tutorials/8996500/8996605_3103.jpg

I'll give a brief introduction.

Hi. I'm a fontisian. I've played 68 games across a bunch sites, give or take a few games. Add that to a stupidly large number of irl, video mafia and irc games. I've played with Para and Acio before on fantasystrike, which also happens to be where I heard about this game from Sotek.

I work best when I understand other players intuitively on an individual level. This makes starting on a new forum difficult, but an interesting challenge. If any of you believe in meta, you could meta me, but you'd likely find it fruitless and annoying, as my play varies more with mood than with my alignment.
wow it actually is shrek and i will triple post just to be upset about it

08-23-2015, 04:34 AM
The murder thing was just another word for lynch. I'm town.

Anyway, Acionyx was mostly a joke vote. It would be so hilarious, though.

As for real lynch, Sacrifice: Donut. I can't really tell if he's mafia (First game, remember?) but he won't be that useful and nobody else really seems like mafia to my newbie eyes.
08-23-2015, 05:32 AM
(08-23-2015 04:34 AM)Crimson Smoke Wrote:  As for real lynch, Sacrifice: Donut. I can't really tell if he's mafia (First game, remember?) but he won't be that useful and nobody else really seems like mafia to my newbie eyes.
man this is a quality reasoning
(also like non-sarcastic point: you should probably just use lynch because of the fact other words could be dayactivations and it's confusing)
08-23-2015, 06:04 AM
RE: Winefia (2 - Electric Boogaloo) (17/17 alive) Pregame started!
I feel like the garcia rule doesn't/shouldn't apply when the question's answer is either obvious or better answered by someone else (fontisian your question really fit into the latter).

Otherwise it feels like a whole ton of MULECOC or however you spell it, that is, using jargon to confuse, intimidate, and make scummy arguments seem stronger.

Also sort of weird but dC seems like he's trying too hard to be dC in post 69? I know that sounds ridiculous and this has happened before and he ended up as not scum but it's coming off as a little insincere (specifically the forced back and forth on opinions and honestly going into that much detail about the garcia rule in general for no reason).
08-23-2015, 06:37 AM
#phantompants
08-23-2015, 07:03 AM
(08-23-2015 06:04 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  I feel like the garcia rule doesn't/shouldn't apply when the question's answer is either obvious or better answered by someone else (fontisian your question really fit into the latter).

Otherwise it feels like a whole ton of MULECOC or however you spell it, that is, using jargon to confuse, intimidate, and make scummy arguments seem stronger.
I firmly disagree, primarily because you don't know what I'm looking for when I ask a question. You may think there's nothing to it and that you're helping me, as donut did here, and most of the time, you would be wrong.

In this case, dC's response helped me understand him better and gain a very light townread.
08-23-2015, 07:19 AM
Quote:man this is a quality reasoning
Hey, I'm new at this. bad reasons are better than random choices.
Quote:(also like non-sarcastic point: you should probably just use lynch because of the fact other words could be dayactivations and it's confusing)
Fair enough.
08-23-2015, 09:01 AM
dC is problematic fav.

no but actually. he usually writes lengthy explanations for his thought process etc. I've found when he is mafia, these text walls usually make no sense and are more or less, just filling up space

08-23-2015, 09:05 AM
(08-23-2015 06:04 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Also sort of weird but dC seems like he's trying too hard to be dC in post 69? I know that sounds ridiculous and this has happened before and he ended up as not scum but it's coming off as a little insincere (specifically the forced back and forth on opinions and honestly going into that much detail about the garcia rule in general for no reason).

Agreed, Lynch dC

Thought you could slip by this time did you
08-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Also, people should explain each other's meta to fontisian. It'd be hilarious.
08-23-2015, 09:15 AM
(08-23-2015 09:06 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  Also, people should explain each other's meta to fontisian. It'd be hilarious.
I will literally regress to trolling if this happens.
08-23-2015, 09:25 AM
i want to make it a note that dc text walls regardless of his alignment. right now he in the firm null category. Also i want to hope that he is town so that for once we are on the same team xD

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
08-23-2015, 09:45 AM
VOTE: the other guy

Vest: Me because i look hot as fuck in a tank top

No vote for shorts.
08-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Egh

DC's really self focused in 69 but on the other hand I don't want day one to be a word tsunami right out of the gate either

Also I am anit-dini-getting-the-vest right now
08-23-2015, 11:13 AM
DC

Who's your second choice for vest since I'm apparently conditional?

Also
Vote: APW

Also also sotek's votal didn't catch all the elects:

Vest:

Mirdini: (3) (Phantom, Mirdini, Donut)
Paranoia: (1) (Pilot
Pala: (2) (DM, Pala
Acionyx: (3) (Acionyx, DC, Paranoia
CS: (2) (CS, TOG)
TOG: (1) (Fonti
Ulysess: (1) Ulysses

Abstain: (Visceral, APW, Speedchuck, Anacreon)

Shorts:

Mirdini: (1) (Pilot)
Speed: (1) (Speed
DM: (3) (DM, TOG, Pala
Phantom: (7) (Phantom, Acionyx, APW, CS, DC, Speed, Mirdini
Paranoia: (1) (Paranoia
Donut: (1) (donut)

Abstain: (Visceral, Ulysssesss, Fonti)
08-23-2015, 12:12 PM
(08-23-2015 04:34 AM)Crimson Smoke Wrote:  The murder thing was just another word for lynch. I'm town.

Anyway, Acionyx was mostly a joke vote. It would be so hilarious, though.

As for real lynch, Sacrifice: Donut. I can't really tell if he's mafia (First game, remember?) but he won't be that useful and nobody else really seems like mafia to my newbie eyes.

Yeah I don't think anyone figured it was actually a scumslip :V

I've made the mistake of coming down too hard on someone for taking criticisms of their jokes too seriously in the past, however, so- wait, that was in Traffic Jam and me and amos were both scum.

And "I don't have reads but this person looks useless let's lynch them" is the worst thing I have ever heard. I'm actually gonna leave my vote on you :/. (For those of you in the audience, I'd expect newbtown to either let their joke vote stand, unvote, produce an actual read, or make another obvious joke vote in this situation. A vote like that does NOT feel like newbtown to me.)

(08-23-2015 06:04 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  I feel like the garcia rule doesn't/shouldn't apply when the question's answer is either obvious or better answered by someone else (fontisian your question really fit into the latter).

Also sort of weird but dC seems like he's trying too hard to be dC in post 69? I know that sounds ridiculous and this has happened before and he ended up as not scum but it's coming off as a little insincere (specifically the forced back and forth on opinions and honestly going into that much detail about the garcia rule in general for no reason).

I kinda was! I guessed fontisian wanted meta info on me and decided an example was the best way to provide it. Also little bit of a subconscious "attention was called to it" going on probably. Plus there being a name for that rule piqued my interest, we've used it informally a lot but I'd never heard it was a "thing"!

RE: "garcia rule" stuff...you do actually have a point there. My feeling is it should be declared explicitly for such inquiries, because I can see how font might want me to answer specifically but I can also see how if it's just factual info the question is after someone else answering can be better.

@Acio: At this point probably dini by meta or fontisian by read. I'm assuming it's a) useful and b) has a higher than purely random chance of being a protective item, so you're my top pick by virtue of the sheer volume of N1 murders you attract (the conditional is simply in case you rolled scum and I begin to suspect that before the day is through)

As for self-focused, I thought we established in City Slickers that I am a self-centered protown pink fairy with a rice cake for a face. (seriously though you know all about my distaste for RVS, yeah? :/)

Oh...fontisian still abstaining is kind of interesting. Unsurety I could buy due to previous posts but you'd better get a vote down soon!

08-23-2015, 12:26 PM
EBWOP: I don't really know how to assess election items unfortunately...I remember something about "hopping on an obviously winning election item bandwagon is scummy" but I think the pE shorts joke overrules that. No obvious "trying to start a real wagon" votes except that third vote on donut which was...oh hi again Crimson >_>

Would kinda like to know more about @donut's vote on acio. Didn't appear obviously joke-y but it fits donut's usual quiet MO and I'd like to know more about it only if that doesn't ruin stuff to do with it.

08-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Look

Mirdini

I'm trying my vest

Vote: Crimson Smoke for trying too hard, honestly

08-23-2015, 01:58 PM
(08-23-2015 12:26 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Would kinda like to know more about @donut's vote on acio. Didn't appear obviously joke-y but it fits donut's usual quiet MO and I'd like to know more about it only if that doesn't ruin stuff to do with it.
(06-21-2015 11:09 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(the third vote on me was actually pala)
08-23-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm all about Vest Acio.
I also really like Shorts APW
and one of my favorite things to do is Vote Ulysses

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
08-23-2015, 02:43 PM
(08-23-2015 01:58 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  
(08-23-2015 12:26 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Would kinda like to know more about @donut's vote on acio. Didn't appear obviously joke-y but it fits donut's usual quiet MO and I'd like to know more about it only if that doesn't ruin stuff to do with it.
(06-21-2015 11:09 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(the third vote on me was actually pala)

oh wow I didn't even SEE that :/. That makes me leery of pala and even MORE leery of Crimson, I think.

...and I'll take that as a no-go on answering why for your aciovote? (That's fine if true, just wanna make sure)

08-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Hey Ulysses why no vote for shorts bro

sharing is caring
08-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Question for everyone:

Which player(s) do you not want getting election items right now?
08-23-2015, 03:37 PM
i'm not super opposed to anyone not getting election items(since pe's pretty much already got the shorts and i'm probably not getting a vest) but there are people who i'm not going to elect, namely: people not mirdini(or maybe you, acio)

also vote dc
08-23-2015, 03:56 PM
Think I'm more or less avoiding Crimson getting an item...believe I covered my general reasoning when I answered your previous thing. I'm not specifically avoiding giving items to most other people (although inactives would probably let the things go to waste, they generally won't get voted for in the first place so I simply don't consider them one way or the other) particularly given how the "barrel of wine" turned out in the first winefia.

In summary, it's mostly a crapshoot but I don't want my current scumread or someone who'll probably waste the item getting either one. Further reasoning re: these items provided earlier on.

...might also want to avoid Visceral given his somewhat loose cannon-y tendencies (no offense, that's a good tendency for a lot of things! Like City Slickers. But it does make me want to keep a winefia item away from you. #neverforgetDHI4)

08-23-2015, 04:06 PM
I still stand by my item choices and I am now at least 77% certain the items should go towards those people.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
08-23-2015, 04:14 PM
(08-23-2015 02:13 PM)Mister Visceral Wrote:  I also really like Shorts APW

What the actual heck are you doing

08-23-2015, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2015 05:17 PM by beruru.)
[MLG] X-FILES AIR HORN REMIX XTRA BASS VOTALS
anacreon (1): tehpilot (#42)
dankmemes (1): phantomeclipse (#48)
phantomeclipse (1): anacreon (#53)
ulysses (1): mistervisceral (#92)
fontisian (2): theotherguy (#55), paranoia (#62)
crimsonsmoke (2): dichotomouscreator (#58), aprocrastinatingwriter (#90)
aprocrastinatingwriter (2): mirdini (#63), acionyx (#87)
theotherguy (2): fontisian (#66), ulysses (#85)
dichotomouscreator (2): speedchuck (#81), icanhasdonut (#96)
icanhasdonut (3): dankmemes (#47), palamedes (#65), crimsonsmoke (#74)

Abstaining (0):

SHORTS SHORTS SHORTS SHORTS
mirdini (1): tehpilot (#42)
icanhasdonut (1): icanhasdonut (#43)
anacreon (1): anacreon (#44)
paranoia (1): paranoia (#62)
aprocrastinatingwriter (1): mistervisceral (#92)
dankmemes (3): dankmemes (#47), theotherguy (#55), palamedes (#65)
phantomeclipse (7): phantomeclipse (#40), acionyx (#51), aprocrastinatingwriter (#52), crimsonsmoke (#54), dichotomouscreator (#58), speedchuck (#61), mirdini (#63)

Abstaining (3): tehpilot, ulysses, fontisian

i couldn't come up with anything funny about vests. i'm sorry
paranoia (1): tehpilot (#42)
theotherguy (1): fontisian (#66)
ulysses (1): ulysses (#85)
palamedes (2): dankmemes (#47), palamedes (#65)
crimsonsmoke (2): crimsonsmoke (#54), theotherguy (#55)
mirdini (4): phantomeclipse (#41), mirdini (#63), icanhasdonut (#67)
acionyx (4): acionyx (#49), dichotomouscreator (#58), paranoia (#62), mistervisceral (#92)

Abstaining (3): speedchuck, anacreon, aprocrastinatingwriter

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.