Complete Winefia (Stray Votes At Mylo Edition) Game over! "Scum" win!
08-23-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Winefia (2 - Electric Boogaloo) (17/17 alive) Pregame started!
Yo beru pilot wants dini to get the shorts.

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
08-23-2015, 05:21 PM
i fix

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
08-23-2015, 05:37 PM
inVESTigations
08-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Quote:Question for everyone:

Which player(s) do you not want getting election items right now?

me, honestly

Mostly 'cause I'm not entirely sure they're not gonna have some stupid effect eg vest actually being spike-riddled and killing you instantly or those shenanigans

I mean it's not like I'd need the protection seeing as no one would want to shoot little old me, right?

Right?

I am so gonna get shot I can feel it

I'll say more on other things in a bit but first I wanna re-read everything so that I don't sound incredibly moronic

...What? Just keep scrolling.
08-24-2015, 12:00 AM
Can we vest somebody other than the usual leaders? This forum has enough trouble with follow the leader as is.

Vest: Anacreon

That'd be nice, kay and thanks
08-24-2015, 09:39 AM
Vote: Aprocrastinatingwriter
he's voting for me and already has two votes. Not sure if good choice for town, but good choice for not getting lynched.
08-24-2015, 09:45 AM
crimson, i'm trying to give you a pass due to newishness, but your vote explanations are just

the worst
(town>your survival if you're town. mafia needs to be alive to win faster. town doesn't)
08-24-2015, 10:09 AM
Based on the assumption the vest is a bp
i am gonna echo the everyone except acio/mirdini are the people i dont want to give a vest to at the moment.

@speed as flattered as I am you want to vest me the problem is if it is a bp i dont think i am the best option to give a bp to mostly because meta reasons.

However if it isnt a bp then I dont want anyone except me to get the item because i know it is tempting for scum to shoot one of the people who got an item.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
08-24-2015, 10:29 AM
...yeah that uh
unless Crimson is seriously playing the wine here I suspect even newbscum would realize they're not supposed to straight up say that :/

I mean there's paranoia around "oops I slipped up if I act dumb it'll get written off" but I dunno. I'm not really sure how to assess this, truth be told.

@chuck: You realize the criteria for the vest is "someone who scum are likely to want to kill early" if we're leaning on it being protective, right? That means going "oh don't give it to a leader" is all well and good but unless the scumteam agrees and thinks anac is a higher priority than, say, Acio or dini it doesn't really help all that much.

Also question: Why anac? All I'm seeing from him so far are a) self-elect, b) lolvote with lolreasoning of being elected for the item he wants, and c) OMG IM SO TOWN YOU GAIZ post.

In fact uh yeah <THERE WAS AN ANACREON LYNCH HERE> get off yo' ass and get in the game, son. I'm leaning towards crimson being a distraction at this point (if crimson really is just the most honest scum in existence then we should let him talk about who his buddies are for a bit first!)

EBWOP: Hmm. Well that was pre-empted. Guess my vote stays on Crimson until something not objectively terrible comes out of there...it's kind of that or no lynch right now, unless I want to try and peel off people from the big ball of random weirdness. (In case it wasn't obvious, I like anac's response enough to take him off the pressure list provided he says something else of note pretty soon)

...actually Lynch: Palamedes you're scum again aren't you >_>

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
08-24-2015, 10:34 AM
Lynch: DC
08-24-2015, 11:00 AM
(08-24-2015 10:09 AM)anacreon Wrote:  Based on the assumption the vest is a bp
i am gonna echo the everyone except acio/mirdini are the people i dont want to give a vest to at the moment.

@speed as flattered as I am you want to vest me the problem is if it is a bp i dont think i am the best option to give a bp to mostly because meta reasons.
See, I'm sick of this. Can we not dote the game on Acio and Dini this time?
1. It gets them murdered
2. It vests interest in people that wouldn't be bad as scum, and makes people want to hope they are town
3. Reasoning>meta, stop giving people free passes pls

But sure, I'll Vest: Paranoia, since you don't want it.
I don't want to give vest to Mirdini or Acio, and probably not Pala either.

(08-24-2015 10:34 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Lynch: DC
Yep.
08-24-2015, 11:07 AM
you know what i think i will back a vest: paranoia
i thinkshorts: pE works too.

Crimson what is your read on dc?

Steam
08-24-2015, 11:16 AM
dc:what do u think of acio, TOG, and pala
08-24-2015, 11:21 AM
...yeah ok Vest: Paranoia. I can see that being a good middleground.

Also I know we're apparently hating on meta right now but remember how Pala's scum meta is to sit back and let town spin itself in circles?

Yeah. :/. I want him to get in here and say things and do things or I'm going to assume he's doing that.

08-24-2015, 11:24 AM
EBWOP: What I think of Pala has been stated above for the record. I think Acio is being Acio based on that time I treated his current D1 behaviour as "not Acio" and he ended up being town (City Slickers D1). Plus he's voting me which is a good sign for him. TOG...not wanting election items is low-hanging protown AND in line with what I'd expect from TOG, and his only other post is RVS-style votes? There's not much to read here.

08-24-2015, 11:40 AM
half of the players still haven't removed their rvs votes and 'pala isn't here=scum' when there is the aforementioned vote situation is something that i don't like
08-24-2015, 11:53 AM
I don't see why. It's an early D1 position! I have little doubt he'll show up and do something useful and then hopefully something else will have happened so I can put my vote somewhere else useful. Either that or he'll show up and act in a confirmatory way and I'll leave my vote where it is. Isn't this just how the game is supposed to work? I mean, just for the sake of argument, what would YOU be doing in my position right now? I've never seen you under D1 pressure before I don't think, so I'm kind of curious.

Anyway if you want additional reasoning his vague doubtcasting of me smells kind of like "I want this lynch to happen but don't want to be responsible for it" and there just aren't any better targets right now (APW is being his usual ornery self, Crimson is...not going to produce useful results in response to voting, and as usual the only other target is me). Especially since I am still waiting for my inevitable wagon to run up further so I can examine it in more detail.

08-24-2015, 12:05 PM
i haven't been put under d1 pressure ever(in any forum mafia? iunno) so i'm not sure. maybe it's a difference in playstyle but fmpov you don't seem like under that much pressure, acio said the same thing pala said(literally the same thing). in your position i'd probably be waiting until someone said something that seems suspicious because pala hasn't
08-24-2015, 12:12 PM
I might be jumping the gun a little, I guess. I had a big conversation about playstyles after City Slickers that I'm kind of antsy to get into action with, I don't like RVS so I'd rather make tenuously justified votes than completely random ones, and I'm making the assumption that I'm about to get dogpiled because it's happened that way pretty much every time in the past.

Also my main remaining mafia blind spot is not knowing when to keep quiet, so there's that.

08-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Hey who wants me to say something that should probably get you guys to panic?
08-24-2015, 01:00 PM
is it "i have a gun"
08-24-2015, 01:04 PM
We know he has a gun donut, you can see it in his profile pic

Anyway yeah go for it let's get this ball rolling already. I am heading to the airport in 10 mins so I probably won't be able to respond for a while, but I look forward to observing the shitshow that will allegedly result from this.

08-24-2015, 01:23 PM
(08-24-2015 12:56 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Hey who wants me to say something that should probably get you guys to panic?

surprise me

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
08-24-2015, 02:04 PM
(08-24-2015 12:56 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Hey who wants me to say something that should probably get you guys to panic?
Please.
08-24-2015, 02:53 PM
if it's a gun, bet you wont shoot mirdini right now

08-24-2015, 02:54 PM
(keep in mind im simply joking for this whole fun thing that i missed since im not an old player. either way i would find it funny if you did shoot him)

08-24-2015, 04:47 PM
(08-24-2015 11:00 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  See, I'm sick of this. Can we not dote the game on Acio and Dini this time?
1. It gets them murdered
2. It vests interest in people that wouldn't be bad as scum, and makes people want to hope they are town
3. Reasoning>meta, stop giving people free passes pls

I can totes agree! Meta is a terrible reason to vest interest in people.

The fact that I can promise ~maximum shenanigans~ while I'm alive, on the other hand.

Also somewhat delayed due to the fact that I've got things to do all day but on the other other hand maybe the Fall 2015 Dini Vest Collection will change your mind.

I'm immune to panic status effects
08-24-2015, 04:55 PM
(08-24-2015 10:34 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Lynch: DC

I'd ask why but considering we're BARELY into the game and they're already dropping walls of pointless text, I can agree! Vote: DC

Eh, go for it. The game's going to be silly anyway.
08-24-2015, 04:56 PM
if we are going shenanigans route we should give mirdini the shorts not the vest xD

Steam
08-24-2015, 04:57 PM
I saw that collection, it WAS in pretty dire need of some help all things considered. All I remember is a badly restitched tatty cloak and a wolf pelt...

08-24-2015, 04:58 PM
EBWOP: Oh I don't think I've played with Paranoia before. Yeah, I'll try and work on the pointless text thing this game (spoiler: I say this every game, with varying degrees of effectiveness each time)

08-24-2015, 09:10 PM
(08-24-2015 04:56 PM)anacreon Wrote:  if we are going shenanigans route we should give mirdini the shorts not the vest xD

No no no, if we're going the shenanigans shenanigans route, we give one person the shorts AND the vest, and then vote to lynch that person at dayend.

Y'know, just to see what would happen :D
08-25-2015, 03:01 AM
Funny thing is that vote isn't about pointless text it's about DC talking up reasons to vote one player and then voting another player without justifying it until a later vote

Also regarding my thing I've had second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh thoughts about it and I'm still unsure what I want to do

Or not I just realized I'm hitting that awkward point where my enthusiasm is waning because I'm trying to play coy for ~winning~ reasons when spitting things out ultimately just loses some audience shenanigans and there ought to be plenty more of those

I have no alignment or wincondition. I gain those from whoever gets elected for the vest.

So work on electing someone because you actually think they're town kthx
08-25-2015, 03:08 AM
So... what happens if we vest you, Acio?
08-25-2015, 03:10 AM
I'm ineligible for elect items

You can elect me but it'll actually go to the next person in line
08-25-2015, 03:19 AM
(08-25-2015 03:01 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Funny thing is that vote isn't about pointless text it's about DC talking up reasons to vote one player and then voting another player without justifying it until a later vote

Also regarding my thing I've had second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh thoughts about it and I'm still unsure what I want to do

Or not I just realized I'm hitting that awkward point where my enthusiasm is waning because I'm trying to play coy for ~winning~ reasons when spitting things out ultimately just loses some audience shenanigans and there ought to be plenty more of those

I have no alignment or wincondition. I gain those from whoever gets elected for the vest.

So work on electing someone because you actually think they're town kthx

Just give me the dumb thing and be done with it, then.

Vest: Paranoia. I wonder if that means it's the opposite for the shorts. Hmm. Shorts: DC

Either way, usual implicit "well I know I'm town" things at work here, so if I can't trust others 100% with the vest I know I can trust myself 100% with it.
08-25-2015, 03:28 AM
If I wasn't a bit, uh, concerned with your alignment I'd probably have kept quiet para! Same for dini you both were getting elected on a meta basis with single posts so yeah
08-25-2015, 06:08 AM
vest elect dc
i'm believing acio's claim for now i guess
08-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Hey, I've made two posts Aci :<

Also what happens if we elect you then do you just go all game without a win condition or are there further vest elections.

I sort of doubt Tek would have a role that can possibly never gain a win condition excepting a single election????
08-25-2015, 07:01 AM
(08-25-2015 03:28 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  If I wasn't a bit, uh, concerned with your alignment I'd probably have kept quiet para! Same for dini you both were getting elected on a meta basis with single posts so yeah

Point in case: I'd rather not someone I don't trust get it (Like, @Donut why should DC get it? Their posts are way more verbose and don't actually ping me as helpful beyond trying to get enough words out that people might look elsewhere for lynch targets.) If the vest is related to your alignment and nothing else, and it makes it pretty okay by me if people don't want to shoot me considering how terrible my luck has been with night one deaths the last couple of games I have played.
(08-25-2015 06:44 AM)Mirdini Wrote:  Hey, I've made two posts Aci :<

Also what happens if we elect you then do you just go all game without a win condition or are there further vest elections.

I sort of doubt Tek would have a role that can possibly never gain a win condition excepting a single election????

He said he is ineligible for the vest or shorts -they'll pass on to the next person in line for them.
08-25-2015, 07:24 AM
because dc is always like this, and i see this scenario as 4 things:
1. acio is actually town just gambitting, cool, it got discussion-probably not likely but more likely then option 2
2. acio is actually scum just gambitting(i.e. picks a townie, shoots them in the night, hey look town)-probably not, there's not really a reason for this it's just tinfoil(because i'd call him out on it anyways)
3.acio is not lying-gets a super townie person. they both get shot because scum knows.
4. acio is not lying-gets a scum. if one of them dies, lynch the other(i.e. dc is scum(or the elected person) and they die, qed acio is scum, or acio dies and his role flips as a scum-aligned [what he described his role], qed elected is scum)

actual opinion re:why dc? he's doing things, which is more then can be said for certain other people, and it'd be funny for acio to be coaligned with dc and it'd be helpful
08-25-2015, 07:44 AM
That doesn't mean he's doing town things. He's doing things but at best that just leave them ineffective in getting their point across (the less you have to type out the better for getting people to read it) and at worst aren't actually adding anything.

You know well enough you need to actually evaluate that much, and funny isn't good enough.

And I think you're wrong about who scum would shoot - if they kill one (say the one who gets the vest) that doesn't necessarily confirm Acio's alignment. Or they might assume the vest is a BP!

Like I'm okay with you getting the vest because last I recall the last game I played with you you just kind of rolled over and refused to participate in day one (and happened to be scum) so you're on my tentative don't wanna lynch list.

So the other question is: why bother with electing DC when you could just elect yourself?
08-25-2015, 07:50 AM
i don't care either way: dc<->acio coalignment is something that i'd like to see because of info(if acio's lying it's still okay), but i'd be up for the vest

on the part about scum shooting people: wine.gif

(also like, that game you're talking about i had some other stuff goin on so don't take that into super account)
08-25-2015, 07:54 AM
(08-25-2015 07:24 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  it'd be funny for acio to be coaligned with dc
True that. I, for one, want to abuse the heck out of knowing two people are aligned. It could give us a townfirm, scumfirm, help us out with MYLO/LYLO, or simply give us good infolynches. Don't care who it is.
08-25-2015, 08:21 AM
um. ok. Acio has claimed a role that is very easy to confirm.

Vest:Acio

To answer your question: I don't want CrimsonSmoke getting items. I might be overly paranoid about them, seeing as last game I was in their exact position, and just so happened to be the godfather. But... ...meh.

Don't want them to go to TOG either. Might just be me, but the whole "gonna get shot again aren't I" thing seems like something I would pull as scum so I didn't get shot.

HEY DC, HEY ACIO:Who do you want the vest to go to?
08-25-2015, 08:24 AM
(08-25-2015 03:10 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  I'm ineligible for elect items

You can elect me but it'll actually go to the next person in line
@dank
08-25-2015, 08:39 AM
@icanhasdonut: I know! So I elect acio for the vest, and if he gets it (aka it doesn't go to the next player like he claims), WE LYNCH HIS ASS TO HELL. Or at least, this is the best plan I can come up with.

Hey Acio: If your alignment is decided by the vest, is your role decided by the shorts?
08-25-2015, 09:23 AM
Dank is right. We can confirm with whoever is ACTUALLY voted for the vest that they receive it, and as they'll end up coaligned with Acio they have no reason to lie and leave him in the lurch. That means most vest votes

I Vote I end up with the vest because a) I'm under suspicion so it's less likely to lead to his instadeath, b) whoever said me being guaranteed coaligned with Acio would be funny on principle was right, and c) it'd be a nice change from him constantly trying to lynch me.

Also nobody said the vest doesn't do anything ELSE. So I guess throw personal curiosity reasons in there too.

Vest: dC

(also I see nothing wrong with what Acio says I did given that he does it all the dang time but whatever :v)

No time to put more gamestate analysis together right now, and I'm not entirely unhappy with staying on Pala until he does something anyway.

08-25-2015, 09:24 AM
EBWOP: That means most vest votes to Acio and second most to whoever should get it.

08-25-2015, 09:31 AM
Shorts are unrelated to me

Atm people I don't mind getting vest are donut and maybe para he's warming up

Ps if you test my electyness make sure second place is sizeable at least

Also hell no not dc not as he is now