Complete Winefia (Stray Votes At Mylo Edition) Game over! "Scum" win!
08-25-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: Winefia (2 - Electric Boogaloo) (17/17 alive) Pregame started!
we could totally vest acio with a minority vote on someone else (maybe dini) and see if it actually goes to Dini

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
08-25-2015, 10:20 AM
Atm I also dislike font given that "fuck elections" is sentiment more often taken by scum (that's what her elect and regular vote amount to)
08-25-2015, 10:29 AM
If I'd wanted to fuck the elections I would have asked for consent first.

Vest Donut
08-25-2015, 10:29 AM
(08-25-2015 09:23 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Dank is right. We can confirm with whoever is ACTUALLY voted for the vest that they receive it, and as they'll end up coaligned with Acio they have no reason to lie and leave him in the lurch. That means most vest votes

I Vote I end up with the vest because a) I'm under suspicion so it's less likely to lead to his instadeath, b) whoever said me being guaranteed coaligned with Acio would be funny on principle was right, and c) it'd be a nice change from him constantly trying to lynch me.

Also nobody said the vest doesn't do anything ELSE. So I guess throw personal curiosity reasons in there too.

Vest: dC

(also I see nothing wrong with what Acio says I did given that he does it all the dang time but whatever :v)

No time to put more gamestate analysis together right now, and I'm not entirely unhappy with staying on Pala until he does something anyway.

Yeah, no. Even if I agreed with the 'it'd be funny' sentiment my vote would still be on acio. As it is You're not actually doing anything (being content to not prod anyone else until Pala shows up), the 'but I'm under suspicion' bit means it makes it easier for scum to pull the *spooky noises* routine around you and acio if you even are town, and YOU CAN'T BE ASSED TO EVEN READ THAT IT WAS CREDIT WHO SAID IT'D BE FUNNY.

Literally a couple of posts above you!
08-25-2015, 10:39 AM
Nefarious forces have been conspiring to keep me from internet access, first time I could really post because of that and don't expect much more until I fix it.

I'll stay long enough to try and contribute though:

(08-23-2015 07:03 AM)fontisian Wrote:  I firmly disagree, primarily because you don't know what I'm looking for when I ask a question. You may think there's nothing to it and that you're helping me, as donut did here, and most of the time, you would be wrong.

Alright, fair. What did you get from dC's response?

(08-23-2015 03:19 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Question for everyone:

Which player(s) do you not want getting election items right now?

font and dC gave me (and still give me) bad feelings so them. You and Dini (and Para sort of) are already pretty big targets and dangerous enough as scum too (also read speed's comment). beru is much of the latter as well. Lots of other people because I don't trust them to reliably lead town. Or participate, in some cases (though things seem strong so that's good).

(08-24-2015 11:21 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Also I know we're apparently hating on meta right now but remember how Pala's scum meta is to sit back and let town spin itself in circles?

Actually my meta is (almost) always scum. I actually thought your vote was a joke and was going to lay off but now I'm gonna have to vote you for not really explaining what the heck you mean when you were pressed. Or I would, but I'm voting you now so vOv.

Vest: Acio

Propose myself for vest of course. Will point out that Acio's power basically makes it so that if either him or the vestbearer come under fire you lynch one of them (probably him in case of shenanigans) and everything's square.
08-25-2015, 10:41 AM
EBWOP: I am always uncomfortable with people coming in only when they're addressed and only to respond to what people have said about them being suspicious (looking at 153 as the biggest/possiblyonly offender here).
08-25-2015, 10:50 AM
I'm not "content", Para, I'm literally in a training course right now typing this. I was rushing out the door when I posted that last thing. Also it was donut in #141, credit isn't in this game to my knowledge.

Incidentally the course is on communications and literally has a module titled "Eliminate unnecessary words" which I thought was kind of hilarious, which is the only reason I'm checking in now :V

@Pala: I mean exactly what I said? You seemed content to just let things be and you were doing that "doubtcast without vote" thing on me. That's enough reason for me to vote you. You've claimed out-of-game now so unvote. I'd come up with a different vote but I am also pressed for time and since people are criticizing me for not doing anything I figure I may as well ACTUALLY not do anything since nobody will notice the difference anyway.

(yes, I am slightly bitter)

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
08-25-2015, 10:54 AM

P.S. I busted out the simpsons you must give me the vest.

SEE MY VEST

SEE MY VEST

SEE MY VEEEEEST

But all that aside: Palamedes!

Assuming you won't get the vest, who would your second vest choice be?

(This actually goes for everyone - including you, DC.)

As I'm not seeing a whole lot of reasons why someone should get the vest or not. Or why someone should get the mysterious shorts.
08-25-2015, 10:58 AM
my second vest choice is me, because dc is my first, because of wine and tinfoil mainly
08-25-2015, 11:02 AM
(08-25-2015 10:58 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  my second vest choice is me, because dc is my first, because of wine and tinfoil mainly

Wine and tinfoil aren't good enough. It's like you're trying to force the funny instead of letting the funny happen naturally which has been a problem in these sort of games for awhile, tbqh.

In your case, pick a third, Donut, because we should not give it to DC when - I repeat, despite their huffing - they're not actually doing anything despite posting in big blocks of words.
08-25-2015, 11:12 AM
i'm not forcing funny, i'm actually attempting to do something but okay

third choice isn't you because you're anti-things, so i'm choosing dini
08-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Here's the thing: You haven't explained it very well. You're not voting for someone who you have any clear opinion on and you're third choice is also someone who we have had zero chance to get any real opinion on.

Your vote choices are in order someone who I think is reasonably suspicious, yourself, and (no offense to dini) a null choice.

You're either not actually trying here or I should be more wary of my good feelings regarding you.

What is it, Donut?
08-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Like if your goal is to get a handle on Acio via lynching DC while vesting DC okay but I'd prefer having someone alive tied to the vest because we can get reads on that as we go along and hi I'd like to have it so I can have a reasonable idea of Acio's alignment, instead of being stuck side eyeing him the entire game.

If they shoot me or him well WHATEVER, it's not like I live that long normally anyway.
08-25-2015, 11:25 AM
try again later
08-25-2015, 11:35 AM
Feh. I think I've kept us from being distracted by Crimson's flailing at least.

My second choice for vest is probably...I would have said font but Pala's point on font is legit and font's play actually reminds me of my scumplay so there's that.

So I'll go with you I guess Para. I'm concerned that it'll simply result in you dead N1 and Acio dead N2 (or the other way around) but I'm only willing to give the vest to someone suspicious to try and prevent that if the someone suspicious is ME. Because, well, otherwise I'm suspicious of them.

...actually make you my third choice and donut my second. Similar reasoning, but I think donut is less prone to nightkilling.

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
08-25-2015, 12:09 PM
tbh i still like my idea of vesting acio and giving second most to dini to ultra prove acio is telling the truth

of course we can discuss if dini deserves the vest

08-25-2015, 12:20 PM
(08-25-2015 11:25 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  try again later

Alright, in all seriousness.

Vote: Donut

Lets go over the initial statement on your vote for vesting DC:

"actual opinion re:why dc? he's doing things, which is more then can be said for certain other people, and it'd be funny for acio to be coaligned with dc and it'd be helpful"

The extent of the things they were doing were entirely related to a 'this vote stays until they do something' vote, and a kind of fluffy post. I have come to understand this as characteristic.

So what was DC doing that made you want him to get the vest? This is basic stuff you have not explained, nevermind the fact 'them doing stuff' does not exclude you from voting for them to be lynched.

Furthermore, you chose a null choice (mirdini) and the person you are voting for (DC) for your vest choices, and refused to explain or confirm any sort of reasoning beyond a smart ass remark to one bit of either post.

There is zero reason to act coy, so you know, explain how this is helpful in any way shape or form, and don't dodge the question any further.

Let me something else clear - giving the vest to someone 'suspicious' is counter productive at best if we take Acio at his word. It's a chance to boost scum numbers by at least one and weakens town Acio by dint of being attached to a 'suspicious' townie if they are indeed scum.

Pick someone you think is town and stick with it.
08-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Y'know I kinda feel like donut is a Sun lyncher who wants me to become actual scum so he can win easy
08-25-2015, 12:31 PM
(08-25-2015 12:20 PM)Paranoia Wrote:  Furthermore, you chose a null choice (mirdini) and the person you are voting for (DC) for your vest choices, and refused to explain or confirm any sort of reasoning beyond a smart ass remark to one bit of either post.

Just to be fair paranoia, I started that whole dini thing for one. Simply off of this whole "Dini got shot N1" gag. This is Day One, if not even that. It still says we are in pregame for the thread. No need to go deep into the hunt with no information to work off of. To be fair though I very much enjoy your analysis. I just cant see to wonder why youre wanting to push this hard all of a sudden with, again, only information that you can meta argue with what's been said.

08-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Look, if we're going to aim to land the vest on a townie then we should ask someone with a confirmable town role to claim and ask for the vest. There's usually at least ONE town role that can be confirmed in some way.

08-25-2015, 12:38 PM
(08-25-2015 12:31 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 12:20 PM)Paranoia Wrote:  Furthermore, you chose a null choice (mirdini) and the person you are voting for (DC) for your vest choices, and refused to explain or confirm any sort of reasoning beyond a smart ass remark to one bit of either post.

Just to be fair paranoia, I started that whole dini thing for one. Simply off of this whole "Dini got shot N1" gag. This is Day One, if not even that. It still says we are in pregame for the thread. No need to go deep into the hunt with no information to work off of. To be fair though I very much enjoy your analysis. I just cant see to wonder why youre wanting to push this hard all of a sudden with, again, only information that you can meta argue with what's been said.

Eh. Pregame or no we are more or less in the game proper, and I am the sort who doesn't really like acting like there's nothing to do. (P.s. this is something you should actually let Donut address!) and I'm pushing it hard because it is something to talk about, and if it's something to talk about it is something someone has to actually weigh in on, which means if they refuse we kill them, if they do talk about it we have a basis to decide if they're town or scum and if we decide they're scum, we kill them.

You do not have a choice. Accept the trial by fire or perish.
08-25-2015, 12:39 PM
(i don't know if you caught it but that was a link to the thing you did in the previous post)
dc's play so far has been consistent with what towndc has done, therefore i am townreading him. i WAS trying to pretend to put pressure on him to see what other people would do(like try and lynch dc(a fairly easy lynch target fmpov)), but since apparently i can't do that and then do other things without telling people what exactly i'm doing i guess i can tell everyone now! there's literally no one else other then dc, crimson, and acio who i've actually seriously noticed in this game, and since acio is unelectable and crimson caught my eye for the wrong reason, dc is my choice for vestelect. mirdini is a nullread, and i don't especially prioritize nullreads over nullreads. i chose dini because i don't ever plan on voting my third choice anyways.

this isn't even counting the fact that i just forgot to unvote dc because it wasn't meant to be anything more then a discussion vote. i don't have a desire to lynch dc today. ( unvote while i'm at it)

yeah thanks, congrats. you caught me. i was trying to elicit reactions, i got a reaction. it's yours.
08-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Alright, being charitable: what does my reaction tell you? (also you missed a chance for YOU JUST ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD and I am forever disappointed.)
08-25-2015, 12:50 PM
your reasoning is okay so it puts you firmly in the "maybe town" category
08-25-2015, 12:56 PM
(08-25-2015 12:35 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Look, if we're going to aim to land the vest on a townie then we should ask someone with a confirmable town role to claim and ask for the vest. There's usually at least ONE town role that can be confirmed in some way.
Hi.
08-25-2015, 01:15 PM
I am intrigued and suspicious!

Mostly suspicious though you're like third in line for who I'd be interested in lynching today
08-25-2015, 01:19 PM
(08-25-2015 01:15 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  I am intrigued and suspicious!

Mostly suspicious though you're like third in line for who I'd be interested in lynching today

I know that technically due to your claim you may or may not give a shit today, but with a (reasonable) assumption that DC is first, who's second? I am kind of wanting a little more from you today.
08-25-2015, 01:29 PM
(08-25-2015 01:15 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  I am intrigued and suspicious!

Wait, Para or me?
08-25-2015, 01:35 PM
pala/font/pilot sort of

Most of what I've got today so far is based on elections and the way they shaped up running off the idea that most people would assume the vest is protective. My experience with that sort of thing is that scum doesn't really want to give items like that to town but they don't want to stick their necks out too much so they tend to sit on their ass and hope for a lucky stroke

If you check out the shorts election you'll note that most of the one-offs are self elects (which I think are less of a Thing)

Of note: I kind of think the spacing of the vest election points towards mirdini being town but by dint of him being mirdini I'm not up to betting my alignment on it yet

Preview: Of You! I'm leery of someone trying to snag me for their team by playing claims games and getting coy later
08-25-2015, 02:06 PM
So I'm still caught up in stuff and I will come into the next day swinging in 12-16 hours but I just want to let you know that Acio is 100% completely non-trustworthy because he's a third party and is probably bullshiting to hell and back regarding the vest.

Not to mention you have dC trying to eke out a town roleclaim to give them the vest, like yeah let's reveal someone town so we can give them a mysterious election item being sold by someone who's given a super vague claim.

vote: dichotomousCreator

Don't know who I want to give the items to yet (pending a serious reread of the thread), but I will say not to give them to me. I am going to auto-die come D2, I sold my soul for the Secrets of the Universe and that is the price I pay.

(And I know it seems silly I'm throwing out warnings regarding vague claims, but I've given you all something truthful and that's my impending death. I sold my short existence to divine the true nature of these items. Don't trust Acio k thanks.)

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
08-25-2015, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 02:09 PM by beruru.)
welcome to the space votals
anacreon (1): tehpilot (#42)
dankmemes (1): phantomeclipse (#48)
phantomeclipse (1): anacreon (#53)
fontisian (1): theotherguy (#55)
crimsonsmoke (1): aprocrastinatingwriter (#90)
ulysses (1): mistervisceral (#92)
aprocrastinatingwriter (2): mirdini (#63), crimsonsmoke (#106)
theotherguy (2): fontisian (#66), ulysses (#85)
dichotomouscreator (3): speedchuck (#81), acionyx (#110), tehpilot (#180)
icanhasdonut (3): dankmemes (#47), palamedes (#65), paranoia (#167)

Abstaining (2): dichotomouscreator, icanhasdonut

are there other shorts memes besides the "comfy shorts" meme short-otals
mirdini (1): tehpilot (#42)
icanhasdonut (1): icanhasdonut (#43)
aprocrastinatingwriter (1): mistervisceral (#92)
dichotomouscreator (1): paranoia (#136)
dankmemes (3): dankmemes (#47), theotherguy (#55), palamedes (#65)
phantomeclipse (8): phantomeclipse (#40), acionyx (#51), aprocrastinatingwriter (#52), crimsonsmoke (#54), dichotomouscreator (#58), speedchuck (#61), mirdini (#63), anacreon (#112)

Abstaining (2): ulysses, fontisian

someone finally posted the vest song thank fucking god ves-totals
ulysses (1): ulysses (#85)
icanhasdonut (1): fontisian (#153)
mirdini (2): phantomeclipse (#41), mirdini (#63)
crimsonsmoke (2): crimsonsmoke (#54), theotherguy (#55)
dichotomouscreator (2): icanhasdonut (#138), dichotomouscreator (#148)
paranoia (4): tehpilot (#42), speedchuck (#111), anacreon (#112), paranoia (#136)
acionyx (4): acionyx (#49), mistervisceral (#92), dankmemes (#145), palamedes (#155)

Abstaining (1): aprocrastinatingwriter

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
08-25-2015, 02:33 PM
(08-25-2015 12:56 PM)speedchuck Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 12:35 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Look, if we're going to aim to land the vest on a townie then we should ask someone with a confirmable town role to claim and ask for the vest. There's usually at least ONE town role that can be confirmed in some way.
Hi.

Don't claim yet, I'd like to talk to Pilot over this. But if Acio is on the level then aiming him at someone we think is town will just get them both killed on success ANYWAY (and on failure it produces an additional scum or 3P) so there's very little reason not to get someone to townfirm and aim Acio at them. Unless we're willing to give it to someone who looks lynchable (*cough*me*cough*). As for Acio being on the level...

(08-25-2015 02:06 PM)TehPilot Wrote:  So I'm still caught up in stuff and I will come into the next day swinging in 12-16 hours but I just want to let you know that Acio is 100% completely non-trustworthy because he's a third party and is probably bullshiting to hell and back regarding the vest.

Not to mention you have dC trying to eke out a town roleclaim to give them the vest, like yeah let's reveal someone town so we can give them a mysterious election item being sold by someone who's given a super vague claim.

vote: dichotomousCreator

Don't know who I want to give the items to yet (pending a serious reread of the thread), but I will say not to give them to me. I am going to auto-die come D2, I sold my soul for the Secrets of the Universe and that is the price I pay.

(And I know it seems silly I'm throwing out warnings regarding vague claims, but I've given you all something truthful and that's my impending death. I sold my short existence to divine the true nature of these items. Don't trust Acio k thanks.)

You sound like you have info about the vest! Info that's mutually exclusive with Acio's claim! That you're being cagey about for no obvious reason! That's very interesting!

I'm assuming you're not sharing with the class yet because you want to do your reread first. I would like to note that the vest having actual properties isn't mutually exclusive with Acio's claimed role, and he claimed a confirmable aspect (i.e. he can't receive the vest and it'll bounce onto the next most elected player). If he IS lying, then either a) he receives the vest and we lynch him, or b) it bounces like he said it would and we can see if anything weird happens to the recipient (I'd expect it to if Acio is barred from receiving the vest himself). Unless getting the vest makes him lynchproof or something I suppose...or it lets him duplicate the target's role or something.

Yes he's third party, but he's also Acio and Acio isn't a huge fan of being scum. I could totally see him doing this in an effort to ensure the vest goes to someone town.

...actually, @Pilot, if you're doubting his claim you shouldn't be sure that he's third party and not scum that interacts with the vest in some way. Why are you so sure he's 3P and not scum?

Getting a skeezy feeling from pE for some reason but I think I usually do so shrug. Will need time to proper reread that. Para and donut are obvtown. Pala and pilot I'm a little more wary of...not just because they're voting for me (although given my easy target status that's kind of a thing) but also due to general cageyness (Pala is the townier of the two). Acio and speed are not issues for voting purposes right now. Crimson is uh quite something I'm not sure what to make of who I think needs to speak up and explain the rationale behind their posts.

Pilot is apparently voting for both me AND anac...I think Pala's point about fontisian is valid, so let's Lynch: fontisian for reminding me of scum!DC, showing up only when criticized, and miscellaneous hypocritical accusations of empty wordiness. (That's me accusing font of empty wordiness, not font accusing others of it)

@APW: More explanation of your vote on Crimson, please.

@Dini: Same question, but regarding your APW vote.

08-25-2015, 02:41 PM
Hey pilot eat boot:

The person who gets a vest gets a chat with me.
08-25-2015, 02:46 PM
I knew that.

:D

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
08-25-2015, 02:46 PM
(08-25-2015 02:33 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Pilot is apparently voting for both me AND anac...I think Pala's point about fontisian is valid, so let's Lynch: fontisian for reminding me of scum!DC, showing up only when criticized, and miscellaneous hypocritical accusations of empty wordiness. (That's me accusing font of empty wordiness, not font accusing others of it)

The flailing is real.
08-25-2015, 03:07 PM
RE: Winefia (2 - Electric Boogaloo) Day one: 17/17 alive
Pregame is complete.

Day one has officially begun.

(votals are NOT reset, etc.)

(carry on.)
08-25-2015, 03:43 PM
(08-25-2015 02:46 PM)fontisian Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 02:33 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Pilot is apparently voting for both me AND anac...I think Pala's point about fontisian is valid, so let's Lynch: fontisian for reminding me of scum!DC, showing up only when criticized, and miscellaneous hypocritical accusations of empty wordiness. (That's me accusing font of empty wordiness, not font accusing others of it)

The flailing is real.

This is neither a rebuttal not an attempt to contribute, this is a weak attempt to dismiss a case without addressing it. Try again.

08-25-2015, 03:48 PM
EBWOP: nor*

Also please continue showing up only when mentioned, it totally makes you look much more like town!

08-25-2015, 03:53 PM
(08-25-2015 03:43 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  

The flailing is real.

This is neither a rebuttal not an attempt to contribute, this is a weak attempt to dismiss a case without addressing it. Try again.
If you insist.

You extrapolated on a minor point from Pala to reverse a townread. Both of your accusations (1.showing up only when criticized and 2.miscellaneous hypocritical accusations of empty wordiness) are false and you know it. You doubled down on this slight scumread not when I posted anything but when more people posted suspicions of you, because you felt pressured to show that you're contributing and push suspicion off on another target. I was the wrong target to pick.

Vote: Dc

Fight me.
08-25-2015, 04:03 PM
I fought Pala in FTL because I was scum and wanted to eat up time, so sure let's add that onto "your behaviour right now matches my scum behaviour". For starters your primary argument is "no you're wrong", which allows no argument but "no I'm right". Those accusations are TRUE, and YOU know it. They don't necessarily make you scum, but it's a D1 vote. It's going to be on a comparatively slight basis.

I "doubled down" on the read when I had time to actually consider a new vote target after Pala arrived and satisfied my criteria for unvoting him. I am out-of-game busy at the moment and using that against me is poor form. YOU, on the other hand, are using alarmist terms like "reverse a townread" and "doubled down" to sensationalize my behaviour in the hopes of shoving a train through on me and discrediting my points.

Besides which a decent chunk of your argument is structured so it applies no matter how I behave. If I don't contribute, I'm not contributing. If I DO contribute, I'm feeling "pressured" into contributing. This suggests that you don't want legitimate arguments. This in turn suggests that you're scum.

08-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Oi folks

"And you know it" is a good way to this stuff getting more heated than it needs to be
08-25-2015, 04:46 PM
(seconded. Sorry for perpetuating, should have let that stop with me)

08-25-2015, 05:57 PM
(08-25-2015 04:03 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  For starters your primary argument is "no you're wrong", which allows no argument but "no I'm right". Those accusations are TRUE, and YOU know it. They don't necessarily make you scum, but it's a D1 vote. It's going to be on a comparatively slight basis.
No, they're literally not true. Either quote the exact response prior to when you made them to prove that they're true or admit that they aren't.

(08-25-2015 04:03 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  I "doubled down" on the read when I had time to actually consider a new vote target after Pala arrived and satisfied my criteria for unvoting him. I am out-of-game busy at the moment and using that against me is poor form.
When did I attack you for being busy? I find it scummy that you switched to me when I hadn't done anything new or suspicious, because I hadn't posted anything at all. Further, I dislike how your read changed from calling something kind of suspicious to saying it's how you'd play as scum.

(08-25-2015 04:03 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  YOU, on the other hand, are using alarmist terms like "reverse a townread" and "doubled down" to sensationalize my behaviour in the hopes of shoving a train through on me and discrediting my points.
1."Reversing a townread" and "doubled down" are not sensational terms. They are facts.
2.Another fact is that you are overreacting. The Day just started, and won't end for several Days. No one is getting preemptively lynched.
3. I think you are overreacting because you are scum and are predisposed to thinking that people will run you up and kill you. Please explain, if you can, why that impression is wrong.

(08-25-2015 04:03 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Besides which a decent chunk of your argument is structured so it applies no matter how I behave. If I don't contribute, I'm not contributing. If I DO contribute, I'm feeling "pressured" into contributing. This suggests that you don't want legitimate arguments. This in turn suggests that you're scum.
1. False. I dislike the timing of your vote and your reasons for it. You could do many, many other things that I would be fine with.
2. You are exhibiting a trapped mentality, where you feel like everything you do gets you scumread. I find this mentality is more common among non-town roles.

(08-25-2015 04:20 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Oi folks

"And you know it" is a good way to this stuff getting more heated than it needs to be
That was kind of the point.
08-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Everything I've done in almost all my games on this forum (bar the first one, regardless of alignment) has gotten me scumread. At least it feels that way to me. Others can corroborate. I have become the de facto D1 whipping boy of the forum and I am somewhat sour about the situation. This is where the trapped mentality stems from, and is important context.

Post #182 contains the text "I think Pala's point about fontisian is valid, so let's Lynch: fontisian for reminding me of scum!DC". Reminding me of my own scumplay has been part of my read on you since the vote was cast. It was not introduced in the post quoted.

Now as for my points...

1) Fontisian is responding only when criticized

The flailing is real.

(08-23-2015 07:03 AM)fontisian Wrote:  
(08-23-2015 06:04 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  I feel like the garcia rule doesn't/shouldn't apply when the question's answer is either obvious or better answered by someone else (fontisian your question really fit into the latter).

Otherwise it feels like a whole ton of MULECOC or however you spell it, that is, using jargon to confuse, intimidate, and make scummy arguments seem stronger.
I firmly disagree, primarily because you don't know what I'm looking for when I ask a question. You may think there's nothing to it and that you're helping me, as donut did here, and most of the time, you would be wrong.

In this case, dC's response helped me understand him better and gain a very light townread.

(08-25-2015 10:29 AM)fontisian Wrote:  If I'd wanted to fuck the elections I would have asked for consent first.

Vest Donut

Excluding your initial post, one post where you are joking about regressing to trolling, the garcia rule request to donut, and this little flare-up of ours, these are your only posts in the thread. They are reactionary. There's yer evidence. Up to you to refute it now.

2) Waffling. A re-read does however lead me to drop the waffling allegation. That must have been my mistake.

I took your post to suggest I sat around doing nothing and then hopped onto you when I felt pressured, when the reason I sat around unvoted was due to busyness. That's where that bit came from. I see you more meant "I jumped onto you after Pala", which removes that concern. Regarding that jump, the reason for my previous vote had disappeared and you seemed like a good target to try out. Results interesting!

Doubled down is not a factual statement. It is a gambling metaphor indicating extreme action. My read on you was simply the next in line for action after Pala, and this is not the "desperado" style play that your metaphor evokes.

Similarly, "Reversing a townread" evokes an image of me strongly believing you to be town and flipping over to strongly believing you to be scum. In reality it was more like going from 78% town probability to 70% town probability.

08-25-2015, 08:38 PM
hi guys I'm going to ignore all these terribly long 'is dC town or not' walls and just point out that I'm all for the 'vest elect Acio to confirm his role and then vest elect a townie'

(08-25-2015 02:41 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Hey pilot eat boot:

The person who gets a vest gets a chat with me.

see I was going to vest elect Para because he's feeling the towniest to me out of this mess but this is irresistible :<
08-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Fun fact: I'm also a third party and you should give me the vest so Acio and I get stuck in third party hell for the rest of the game
08-25-2015, 08:46 PM
well, I'm third party as much as Acio counts as a third party

thus the shenanigans + fun if you elect me (and you're not possibly dooming a townie to whatever Acio's nefarious vest does)

[Image: iDJVyvp7sPYVO.gif]
08-25-2015, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 08:56 PM by Mirdini.)
(08-25-2015 08:39 PM)Mirdini Wrote:  Fun fact: I'm also a third party and you should give me the vest so Acio and I get stuck in third party hell for the rest of the game

[Image: OwlWhqU.gif]

So this brings me back to 'why give the vest to a null at best read', who is now admitted third party. (also don't mind me Dini I want the chat with Acionyx. Meeeeeeeeeeee.)

Any other vest choices among those who wanted to give him the vest now?

(dini edited by request to replace broken gif link)
08-25-2015, 08:58 PM
well I've stated why and Pilot's sorted of hinted at it: why are you trusting Acio's word that the vest does nothing but give him a win condition and a chat

(08-25-2015 02:06 PM)TehPilot Wrote:  So I'm still caught up in stuff and I will come into the next day swinging in 12-16 hours but I just want to let you know that Acio is 100% completely non-trustworthy because he's a third party and is probably bullshiting to hell and back regarding the vest.

s'entirely possible it could have negative effects on the person elected for it, thus my offering up my immortal soul/whatnot to whatever it does
08-25-2015, 09:03 PM
(08-25-2015 08:58 PM)Mirdini Wrote:  well I've stated why and Pilot's sorted of hinted at it: why are you trusting Acio's word that the vest does nothing but give him a win condition and a chat

s'entirely possible it could have negative effects on the person elected for it, thus my offering up my immortal soul/whatnot to whatever it does

I know the vest may not do exactly as said but I'm too tempted by the chance to natter at Acionyx. Also, I would kind of like opinions on the exchange between Donut and myself?

Like that's kind of sitting there and I'm surprised there hasn't been more comment about it.