Poll: What gaming system do you use most often?
PC (this'll probably win due to Minecraft)
Xbox
PS3
Wii/Wii U
Handheld/Phone/None
[Show Results]

Console Discussion, Anyone?
04-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Console Discussion, Anyone?
Now, don't make this a PS3 vs. xbox thing! Just would like some good console discussion about best games, features, hope for next gens., complaints, etc.

First off, it's really miffing me how xbox gets all dlc first. I've been a Playstation guy since PSone. I know Microsoft probably pays good money to have this, but it's rubbish that I pay the exact same amount and have to wait an extra MONTH, not week, or even weeks, for this damn Black Ops dlc I paid $50 for on season pass! Just seems shoddy to me. :/

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

What’s your favorite thing about space? Mine is space. Space. Trial. Puttin’ the system on trial. In space. Space system. On trial. Guilty. Of being in space! Going to space jail! Dad! I’m in space! I’m proud of you, son. Dad, are you space? Yes. Now we are a family again.Oh. Play it cool. Play it cool. Here come the space cops. Help me, space cops. Space cops, help.Lady. I love space. I know! Spell it! S P… ACE. Space. Space. I love space. You are the farthest ever in space. Why me, space? Because you are the best. I’m the best at space? Yes. Are we in space? We are? Oh oh oh. This is space! I’m in space! We made it we made it we made it! SPAAACCCCCE! SPAAACE!
YEEEHAAAAAW!
04-21-2013, 02:30 AM
RE: Console Discussion, Anyone?
A month is only like four weeks, and you said you were willing to wait weeks? Also, both Sony and Microsoft have played the 'pay for earlier releases' game, I just find that Microsoft manages to get the better deals most of the time.

I don't really play online though so my opinion is probably not the greatest for this sort of thing.

Oh yeah and is it just me or do consoles seem to have way cooler code names than actual release names?
04-21-2013, 08:04 AM
I use my laptop for gaming because

1) I cannot afford a console, so
2) I spent money into a device that allows me to do much more than just gaming

What's minecraft?
04-21-2013, 08:07 AM
I don't play games anymore.

Except for a few. They're PC games.
04-21-2013, 09:07 AM
I've owned a few consoles in my life but ive never been a console gamer.

PC Master Race go!

(No, i don't play minecraft. Never have, likely never will.)
04-21-2013, 11:51 AM
It's the issue of not buying things I don't really /need/ - I have the PC already, however, and thus can play games on it.
04-21-2013, 02:56 PM
I generally play forum games or board games anymore? I mean, I'm not saying the PC and the PS3 don't get a bit of use, but the cost to entertainment value ratio on those devices is often too high for me to be able to spend the time I would need to get my expected value?

Cost of getting older, I suppose.

Doctor Who: The Forgotten Doctor
Escape the Day
04-21-2013, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 03:48 PM by Coldblooded.)
Yeah, I use a PC for pretty much all the same reasons that everybody else said. And also because I can just buy most of the games I'd ever want on Steam a couple months later for a fraction of the price.

I mean, I've had a slowly growing backlog of unplayed games for the last couple years or so now, why would I want to go out of my way to drop several hundred dollars on a brand new console when my computer can handle pretty much everything I want it to do already?

Tumblr/Steam
05-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Is it really different or not so common that whenever I go console I go for my PS2?

: P

I mean, it's old-ish but it still runs fine and some of the best games i've played are on that thing after all! I still have a backlog of games to finish on that thing, so it seems likely that I will never move on from that one. XD

It also helps that in the area I live in, real legit PS2 game discs are a rarity too.

: D