Autodidacts Anonymous
04-21-2013, 04:41 AM
Autodidacts Anonymous
Let's face it.

At some point in your life you've probably taken that self-interest, arrogance, or desire (burning passion) for knowledge and tried to learn something by your own hand.

This is the thread for all who have fallen prey to that temptation.

What subject areas have you attempted to master?

How successful were you?

How long did you push forward in those endeavors?

If you are able to answer these questions, join us at Autodidacts Anonymous.

So, yeah. If you've got any interests in learning stuff for yourself, such and so on, this is a place to discuss that. Please stow away egos, though. Please. If you can provide resources (e.g. a Ph.D. in Physics) then please go ahead and do so! Assistance to any and all other people here is a great thing.
07-02-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: Autodidacts Anonymous
I'm interested in talking about thoughts with people, and as such love this idea. Pardon if my words become overly... Precise and awkward, but I try to make sure I'm not misunderstood in meaning. Unfortunately, I'm not a very calculation oriented person, so I have no numeric evidence to provide, but basic principles should apply, such as the behaviour of the spinning earth as a centrifuge, separating lighter materials from denser materials, and the fact that the helium leaving our atmosphere has to go somewhere. I like to think about the fractal, spiral, toroidal behaviour of the universe as we know it, in short. I also dabble in American Politics, being lying and face saving, but I'm relatively unskilled in these.

In short, bump.

Working Name: Anarkismo