Complete Prettiest Princess Mafia (5/8) - Princesses Prevail Posthaste - TOWN WINS!
10-27-2015, 04:28 AM
RE: Prettiest Princess Mafia (7/8) - Night 1 - Dastardly Dame Defeated at Dusk

The one, the only, Vancho!
10-27-2015, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2015 12:33 PM by Carnegie.)
We are currently in need of a replacement. Apparently TOG is taking a break from the forums, so if someone else could volunteer, it would be greatly appreciated.
10-27-2015, 12:35 PM
10-27-2015, 12:37 PM
I can be your new! token kiwi
10-27-2015, 01:16 PM
Mmmm, kiwis

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
10-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Alter Eagle has replaced TryTryAgain.
10-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Yo Carnegie, while there's no one chatting and I'm not interrupting anything, you can add me to the replacement pool in Schaz's place.
10-28-2015, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2015 03:45 AM by Carnegie.)
Sorry for being late whoops had an exam.

[Image: FZCe1JC.png]

[Image: a39cc593cef7fe30b3cba78c10fd734b.jpg]

As you move to exit your quarters to get some breakfast with your fellow princesses, you are stopped and lead by guards back to the town circle.

It becomes quickly apparent that there are only six of you remaining, when last night you were pretty sure there was seven...Not to mention, do the trees look a little ominous to you?

The High Priestess greets you.

"Our guards spotted one of you fleeing the premises last night." She says, looking around thoughtfully. "They're gone now, of course. They were shouting something about this being the last straw with humans."

As you look around confusedly, you finally realize who was missing...icanhasdonut! Their dress must've been ruined in the night.

Donut was...

San, the Princess Mononoke

[Image: nXqsHMk.jpg]

“Ugh, I smell like a human.”

You aren’t particularly happy to be here. Human parties have never been your thing. They all smell weird. And talk weird. And like these hot, fluffy dresses. Well, you aren’t about that. You have a natural flair, one that is both mysterious and enticing, and you’re rocking a simple fox fur piece you made yourself. You put all this effort to come here and be with humans and you're not about to allow this to go to waste. Plus, you heard Prince Amos has been enacting a ton of green policies in his Kingdom, so he probably isn’t the worst guy to get hooked with...

Show them the spirit of the forest.

You are a VANILLA TOWNIE.

You aligned with THE PRETTIEST PRINCESSES (Town) and win when THE PARTY POOPERS (Mafia) have been eliminated.

"Better get cracking" the Head Priestess concludes, walking away again. It will now take 2 years for the gown to pass through.

Day 2 ends 72 hours from now, Friday the 30th at 12:30 pm EST. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Livelist:
1. Speedchuck
2. Alter Eagle
3. dC
5. Acionyx
6. phantomEclipse
8. Nanahiras
10-28-2015, 03:48 AM
RE: Prettiest Princess Mafia (6/8) - Day 2 - Foresty Female Flabberghasted
Huh.

The only thing I can figure is that the scum decided that Donut would in no way be doctored.

Donut showcased no real anti-alignment with anyone. He play-bantered with Acio early in the day, but I don't think I can draw anything from that. He wasn't really here near dayend. A safe bet, I suppose.

If the cop somehow got a 1 in 6 shot, now would be the time to claim. Cop can't be cc'd at this point in the game, not with only one scum alive.

pE/dC is where I would look for a lynch at the moment, based on Vancho's alignment. Looking forwards to seeing what Alter Eagle adds to the discussion.

Thoughts?
10-28-2015, 03:49 AM
I hate you! I hate all humans!
bluh i expected this

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
10-28-2015, 05:18 AM
I actually forgot ToG was in this game. I too am interested in what aE has to say

And although this does sound kinda terrible, i wouldnt be susrprised if he replaced into a scum slot.

From yesterday: ill go over my speed and dC opinions

10-28-2015, 05:22 AM
Also im praying cop checked one of me/dC/speed

10-28-2015, 05:41 AM
Suggestion:

The two PRs can both safely claim as PR without directly outing their role. If the cop has a guilty whatever game done, if he has an innocent that isn't the second PR he can clarify. We get either 2/3 or half of the playerlist hard cleared by doing this

Thoughts?
10-28-2015, 05:47 AM
That would clear up things a bit.
10-28-2015, 06:12 AM
Aaaaand yeah

Lynch: DC

Early pattern of activity this game is questioning people who are voting vancho; he flips to supporting a vancho/speed team shortly after nanahiras and I both propose it (post 82)

When asked to support his speedvote (103) he give process of elimination. Super Notable: He townreads me/nanahiras/donut and never expands on it beyond nebulous "doing townthings" which is a large contrast to his actual explanation of TTA being town.

He never joins the vancho lynch citing hammer concerns and at the end of the day he tries to convince me to move off vancho and onto speedchuck.

This is all compounded by the fact that vancho goes down really easily yesterday and not really showing the frustration he states which tells me that he thought his partner had a good chance of moving on through the game.
10-28-2015, 08:24 AM
I just realized i said tog instead of TTA

10-28-2015, 08:25 AM
Also, inb4 dC tries gambitting cop claim

10-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Scum isn't going to fakeclaim D2 with their only buddy down. That'd lose them the game.

I had the exact same thoughts as Acio about DC and prefer that lynch today as is, but first: cop may want to consider claiming if they scanned somebody other than donut, then the doc outs. If they didn't scan the doc then we're left with only 3 potential targets. not sure how probable this is though and maybe they wanna go for the double scan instead
10-28-2015, 09:57 AM
or we could do what Acio said and just have them claim PR but not specify, perhaps. I should more than skim before posting.
10-28-2015, 11:58 AM
@Acio: I have three responses for you: Starting counterwagons is what I do, being wary of hammers is what I do, and the reasons that you and Nana were town were pretty self-evident. You especially. I shouldn't need to explain that to you of all people.

Didn't think there was a doc in this game. Thought it was just cop for the 8-player version, but if there is one then great. Support PR claimfoolery as presented, given the gamestate if there is a doc I don't see any holes in that.

Prefer Lynch: Chuck because he went at me HARD yesterday and has failed to vote me so far today despite some nice "yeah he's probs scum" in that post up there. Looks kind of like he's expecting someone else to spearhead that lynch and take the resulting fall (protip: even if I get lynched today, DON'T LYNCH ACIO). He also only started poking at Vancho once you guys had mentioned it.

Fingers crossed that the cop checked me or Chuck (if me then fine, if town!chuck then we can afford to lynch me, if scum!chuck then lol)

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
10-28-2015, 12:21 PM
That's me/nana/DC/Speed in favor of PR claiming and phantom not explicitly saying anything either way

Wanna see what schazer has to say when she gets in before we go though

And I can't resist the lure of smartassery:

Quote:: Starting counterwagons is what I do, being wary of hammers is what I do, and the reasons that you and Nana were town were pretty self-evident. You especially. I shouldn't need to explain that to you of all people.

What you do is also "Be scum an unluckily high percentage of your career"
10-28-2015, 12:42 PM
I am for the PR claim

10-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Also at this rate. None of us have claimed so either somine is hiding their pr claim for later

They decided to cop donut

Or AE is a PR

10-28-2015, 12:59 PM
So are we doing the pr claim?

(10-28-2015 11:58 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Prefer Lynch: Chuck because he went at me HARD yesterday and has failed to vote me so far today despite some nice "yeah he's probs scum" in that post up there. Looks kind of like he's expecting someone else to spearhead that lynch and take the resulting fall (protip: even if I get lynched today, DON'T LYNCH ACIO). He also only started poking at Vancho once you guys had mentioned it.
Said you were only as likely as pE, but if you insist with all of your might, Vote dC
10-28-2015, 01:14 PM
let's wait for Alter Eagle

I don't think pE is scum because scum!pE unvoting would've killed the chances of a chuck lynch and cemented Vancho's death... it might make sense if he had bussed Vancho afterwards, but he just disappeared.
10-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Quote:So are we doing the pr claim?

Eh I kind of felt like getting everyone's thoughts on it but it's 5/6 at this point

I am a PR.
10-28-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm not a PR, but I'm confirmed town since I would have shot Acio N1 over what I assume were breadcrumbs!!!!
10-28-2015, 01:36 PM
(10-28-2015 12:21 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  That's me/nana/DC/Speed in favor of PR claiming and phantom not explicitly saying anything either way

Wanna see what schazer has to say when she gets in before we go though

And I can't resist the lure of smartassery:

Quote:: Starting counterwagons is what I do, being wary of hammers is what I do, and the reasons that you and Nana were town were pretty self-evident. You especially. I shouldn't need to explain that to you of all people.

What you do is also "Be scum an unluckily high percentage of your career"

Good to see chuck's passed on the fallacy torch! And also committed properly which is nice. Although the way he qualifies it kind of makes me uneasy.

Anyway yeah pr claim rah rah rah blah blah blah I'm not a PR either and I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to end up with PR!Eagle by PoE. Will now keep trap shut to avoid -EV bollocks.

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
10-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Hello and thank you for your patience, I was busy being awake to all the stupid hours, then going to work, then scrawling zombies and vampires on high schoolers' worksheets, and now I am here to actually contribute.

First things first: Not a power role.
10-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Hmm.

Unvote

10-28-2015, 02:16 PM
Yeah a quick skim informs my gut that the last scum is Speedchuck or dC, so best case scenario speedchuck claims PR, we lynch dC (or me for the cawmedy option), or even better the cop went and checked pantsClips or me (who is the other less-than-clear compared to the pretty obviously town unCC'd!Aci and Nan).
10-28-2015, 02:21 PM
I am the other PR.
10-28-2015, 02:25 PM
Yep, called it.

Kay. Lynch: pE

This is largely a pointless gesture (I believe Eagle and Nahahiras, so from my perspective we can afford to lynch me and then pE tomorrow)

If the cop checked me, pE, or Eagle they should probably step forward as a result of this. We have two lynches and three possible targets, if you narrow it down to two we win on the spot.

10-28-2015, 02:39 PM
Why do you believe eagle and nanahiras?
10-28-2015, 02:40 PM
yeah unless pantsClips wants to CC a PR this seems pretty cut and dry?

Even with six alive there's no real danger of a speedhammer, so we can just assume that both Aci and speedchuck can say "I did not check dc, pantsclips or AE" before the day is done, if that's the case.

Hell whichever one of them is the doctor should say that anyway, either the cop says it first and the doctor follows identically, or the doctor says it first and the cop mimics them. If we don't nail scum today then that gives scum the minimum amount of information going into N2.
10-28-2015, 02:55 PM
To be honest, reverse PoE plays a part. I feel like pE is scummy (the way he sorta tentatively poked around the PR plan, and I hate to say this but the way he's taking this game more seriously than usual) and that has some impact on my other reads.

Items specific to them though:

- Eagle replaced into TTA which has a slight townread and seems to have shown up and been earnest. This is...less solid, but I just don't feel like Eagle or TTA are/were scum.

- Nanahiras would have to be a hellbusser AND particularly good at faking participation. I'm relatively confident in this read, and hats off to Nana if I was fooled.

And yeah aside from this pE's behaviour D1 just seemed skeevy. I don't have ZERO doubts about TTAgle but pE is overall the best bet in my opinion.

...actually lemme go dig up some posts. #116 to #121 are doubtcasty about Vancho and notably postulate me being unaligned to him (which would if consistent mean he'd be a lot more sure about voting this morning? I'd have expected him to come out swinging against Chuck)

#126 is particularly interesting in that it includes the phrase "Im also in no way defensing vancho if that's what you got out of that response". Which sounds a bit like protesting too much.

Plus he's abstaining at dayend. Isn't that like a cardinal sin or something? :V

From the others...#93 is about the worst thing I can find from TTA (bandwagoning onto a now known townfirm). It's not great, but it's not AS bad. Although...:/. And Nanahiras came up pretty much completely clean.

10-28-2015, 03:07 PM
I did not check dc, pantsclips or AE.

My primary issue with a PE lynch is that vancho just sort of shrugged off to hell without even trying to draw out a counterclaim or anything

How likely do people think it is that he just played lackluster/busy instead of having a plan?
10-28-2015, 03:13 PM
I was kind of assuming that, to be honest. He stated being annoyed at D1 lynch, so I feel like he just threw in the towel...and he was busy throughout CH4 as well. Although I hadn't really thought about it prior, I just wrote it off as "yeah that's probably caught scum w/e"

10-28-2015, 03:22 PM
hrm

Quote:Prefer Lynch: Chuck because he went at me HARD yesterday and has failed to vote me so far today despite some nice "yeah he's probs scum" in that post up there. Looks kind of like he's expecting someone else to spearhead that lynch and take the resulting fall (protip: even if I get lynched today, DON'T LYNCH ACIO). He also only started poking at Vancho once you guys had mentioned it.

Logic trail:

-Speed=Scum
-Speed is waiting for someone else to lead lynch
-Acio is leading lynch
therefore
-Acio=town

Issue is if speed=scum then everyone else=town. So either there's a badly faulty bit of logic here that doesn't make a huge amount of sense for town* or that don't lynch bit is shoehorned in without actually connecting to the thing

*If town's sure of scum the thing they're doing with dying breaths is saying to lynch them, not that they're contrapositively proving someone else is town

(also speedchuck made two caseposts on DC before shrugging after DC makes the POE post)
10-28-2015, 03:32 PM
The don't lynch bit is because if I was right speed's plan would have been to lynch YOU tomorrow. So I wanted to head off any possible motions in that direction.

In terms of why it's specifically THERE, that plan isn't specific to speed. Any old duffer could realize I'm about to be on the chopping block and decide to stay out of the whole mess in the hopes that whoever leads my lynch is weakened enough to knock over the next day.

(10-28-2015 03:22 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  *If town's sure of scum the thing they're doing with dying breaths is saying to lynch them, not that they're contrapositively proving someone else is town

Also this is wrong. Town says everything they think because the rest of the game might not listen to any particular point they make. Even if I had an unverifiable guilty check on speed (and was thus ACTUALLY positive that he was scum), I'd provide reasons not to lynch other people because they increase the chance I'll have a positive impact on the game post-mortem if people don't agree with my scum callout.

10-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Your dedicated iron grip on that towel is commendable but I think you just wanted to hug me
10-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Meh. I said in CH4 that I'd have to be mislynched a few times before my meta cleared and I'm pretty sure we win even with my lynch, so I'm honestly just not that fussed. Maybe you'll even learn a valuable lesson about the richness and variety of human response.

I'm not necessarily averse to a hug though.

Oh also if I get lynched today then it's not my problem to sort out who out of pE/Eagle is the remaining scum. If I successfully get pE lynched and he flips town, then there's no way I'm not getting lynched the next day and my bad read ends up ultimately costing the game! Since my read confidence is low due to low towngames I consider other people handling that problem to produce a better chance of success than me attempting to do so.

10-28-2015, 04:22 PM
actually no you know what fuck that I had good reasons for everything I did so you can take your lynch and shove it somewhere else. Like at mister "oooooh I wasn't defending Vancho just as long as you know that we're cool right" over there. Or at the eagle idk I'm not calling the shots here. And before some goober brings it up, "lynch anyone except me" isn't a scumtell when FMPOV lynching anyone except me causes town to win.

So yeah. I'm town, I did town things that Acio doesn't think are town things because Acio has a narrow idea of what town things are, and if we lynch pE/Eagle followed by whichever one we didn't lynch the first time if the first one flips town then we will win. So we should do that. Starting with pE because he's more likely to be scum, then followed by Eagle who is scumfirmed if pE flips town.

10-28-2015, 06:11 PM
I still wanna lynch dC, he's been posting a lot of bluster but on D1 he seemed to be confident in Vancho (enough to post this) only to drop it for a Chuck preference without much explanation

I want Alter Eagle to post more specific reads on people. what are your lynch preferences from the live players?
10-28-2015, 06:16 PM
(10-25-2015 05:56 PM)Vancho1 Wrote:  TryTryAgain, you may be new, but seriously? Openly saying you're going to follow someone else's opinion is not what town should be doing.
between this and pE's unvote (which doesn't look like a buddy/buddy interaction) I'd lynch Alter Eagle over pE. this sticks out to me because it's like vancho was chastising TTA but didn't want to commit to a suspicion.
10-28-2015, 06:45 PM
(10-28-2015 06:11 PM)Nanahiras Wrote:  I still wanna lynch dC, he's been posting a lot of bluster but on D1 he seemed to be confident in Vancho (enough to post this) only to drop it for a Chuck preference without much explanation

I want Alter Eagle to post more specific reads on people. what are your lynch preferences from the live players?

I never dropped it. I chose to push something that wasn't already being pushed six ways from Sunday so I could actually be doing something useful rather than just posting repeat content or saying nothing at all.

Agree RE: Eagle posting more reads...not at this point that Eagle should be lynched over pE. Which unvote were you referring to, what are your thoughts on pE's #126 bit where he very explicitly disavows defending Vancho, and if Vancho wanted to chastise TTA why wouldn't he just do it in scumchat? (We have scum daychat around here generally and I'm pretty sure this game has it)

10-28-2015, 06:58 PM
(10-28-2015 06:11 PM)Nanahiras Wrote:  I want Alter Eagle to post more specific reads on people. what are your lynch preferences from the live players?

It's literally lynch me, pantsClips, and dC and the game is solved? You're obviously not scum, and nobody's CCing the two power roles so Aci and Speedchuck are clear. For argument's sake let' say we lynch me today.

The only way I can help the game go any faster is if Speedchuck is the cop, follows my suggestion, and turns out he checked one of the Non-Clear 3. If he can't clear/damn one of us that's all good, by doing as I suggested him and Aci wine the scumkill on N2 so there's a 50% chance the cop survives and gives a report on one of the remaining Non-Clears, i.e. gets a guilty/inno on pantsclips/dC and clears/damns the other.

If scum hits the doc, we've won because the other PR survives the day and gives their report, solving the alignment of who between pantsClips and dC are scum. If scum hits the cop, well, that's 4 alive (you, the non-cop between Aci/speedchuck, dC/pantsClips with one scum) and that's MYLO, because there's no way the doc survives the next night.

So uh from yeah that perspective it's not actually great to leave the gamesolve tomorrow :v Of course all this is negated by either a) Speedchuck already having a clear dC, pantsclips or I (unlikely) or correctly lynching scum today.

In light of that, I'm gonna FOS: dC (I would vote but that'd be H-1 so scum!Pantsclips could conceivably hammer, kill the Cop, and still have an outside chance of bullshitting their way through to my mislynch tomorrow). I'm 60% sure the last scum is dC (on reread I feel weirdest about their #111, Vancho's #122 (Speed would've been my second pick for scum before the PR claim, so pairing them off with dC in terms of scumminess is... eugh. Follow up with the Vancho/Speedchuck pairing by dC at #133 and it seems like the scumteam struck out in terms of picking a plausible bud for the soon-to-crash Vancho).

PantsClips is still at 40% though. There's a case there but I'd have to scan again.
10-28-2015, 07:08 PM
Hey I was right in #111, wasn't I? :V

Anyway, we can't lynch all three of us like you suggest...except you point that out later I think? Also relevant is that the doc role PM in the OP doesn't mention not being able to self-target...(this means the scum kill could potentially bounce off the doc, who should self-protect 100% of the time tonight because scum WILL gun for the cop, the cop CAN'T be protected, and they WILL hit the doc if they miss the cop)

Also I'll H-1 MYSELF if it gets pE to hammer me and make himself obvscum :v

10-28-2015, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2015 10:36 PM by Carnegie.)
The doctor cannot "visit" theirself, and as such cannot protect theirself from nightly dress ruinings.
10-29-2015, 12:59 AM
I did not check dc, pantsclips or AE.

So, the thing is, I have the strongest scumread on dC out of the three lynch candidates. If we let him live until tomorrow, maybe the cop check will come into play, or maybe it won't. If the cop check does come in, we'd lynch the guilty and win, regardless. If not, we would almost certainly lynch dC.

I'd rather have the choice tomorrow and lynch dC today. That way, if forced into a situation without auto!win, we will at least have a choice when we have the most info. I don't want to vote yet because I could be wrong and would like to discuss.