Complete Prettiest Princess Mafia (5/8) - Princesses Prevail Posthaste - TOWN WINS!
10-30-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: Prettiest Princess Mafia (6/8) - Day 2 - Fiesty Foresty Female Flabberghasted, Flees
Please stand by for day end.
10-30-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Prettiest Princess Mafia (6/8) - Day 2 - Fiesty Foresty Female Flabberghasted
[Image: 31975282-Castle-and-Rainbow-Little-Fairy...Vector.jpg]

Another day down. Speed steps forward, ending it early - there was no need to let this go on any further. They had said all they felt was needed to be said.

You push Alter Eagle into the arms of two guards, who begin dragging her away.

As she is pulled, she beings giggling. And then laughing. And then howling.

"You think you've won?" She guffaws. "Nice try, princesses!"

You blink and almost miss it; blinding light, a loud noise; an explosion maybe? Green fire floods your view as you fall over from the shockwave.

A few seconds pass and the rumbling stops; the fire is gone, and the guards that had been holding on to Alter Eagle were now very, very attractive molten piles of slag.

In the distance, you swear you can see something large flying away.

Alter Eagle was...

Maleficent

[Image: fihtswE.jpg]

“What a glittering assemblage, King Stefan. Royalty, nobility, the gentry, and... How quaint, even the rabble.“

A long time ago, someone made the horrible, horrible mistake of not inviting you to a party.
That should’ve been the last time someone made that mistake.
You don’t care about the princesses, particularly. You don’t care about the Prince much, either. Witchy over there has a pretty big thing for the Prince, but you’re just here to ruin everyone’s day. Everyone just assumes you’re a horrible person but you’re really a good time, you promise. Just please invite you, please, for once – ahem. Sorry about that. Yeah. You’re tired of being tossed aside and ignored.

You’re going to give them hell.

You are MAFIA.

Each night you and your cohort(s) will choose someone to visit. You will ruin their dress, and they will have no choice but to leave town.

You aligned with THE PARTY POOPERS (Mafia) and win when your numbers equal that of THE PRETTIEST PRINCESSES (Town).

Nanahiras sighed. A job well done. He had succeeded in proving to himself - and to the others - that he was more than capable of being independent. No longer a damsel.

Nanahiras was...

Princess “Peach” Toadstool of the Mushroom Kingdom

[Image: T69yy9E.jpg]

"I don't know how you were raised, but I was taught to help people in need!"

Okay, listen. Let’s just get to the point. Mario? He’s just not cutting it these days. Sure he saves you, but he doesn’t keep you safe in the first place, you know? It’s time to move on. You need to defend yourself, and you need a man that treats you right all the time, not uses you as a reason to go on adventures.
For some reason, Bowser doesn’t bother you the week of the ball, so you like to attend. Not like Bowser would stop you from going out in public anyway, but still. On top of that, Prince Amos is sure to be a great suitor who definitely could wipe the floor with Bowser, but you're turning over a new leaf anyways.

Let's show those party poopers how tough you really are.

You are a VANILLA TOWNIE.

You aligned with THE PRETTIEST PRINCESSES (Town) and win when THE PARTY POOPERS (Mafia) have been eliminated.

"What a sorry excuse for a dragon," phantomEclipse says, staring at the figure flying off in the distance. He turns his attention to the others, and gracefully begins walking away.

phantomEclipse was...

Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons

[Image: WemQW3L.jpg?1]

"I'm going to break the wheel."

Being the mother of three firebreathing beasts is a lot of hard work, but you manage. All these girls are thirsty for Amos, but really, you’re just in this because a marriage with Amos would give you so much political power it’s not even funny. It’d be another claim you’d rightfully have. You’d be even stronger than you already are. With Amos by your side, they’ll have no choice but to give you your Iron Throne back in Westeros. Unfortunately, though, you have to deal with these people who want to ruin your chance at meeting him in a romantic light.

Also, you’re not a princess, you’re a Khaleesi, get it right, for once.

You aligned with THE PRETTIEST PRINCESSES (Town) and win when THE PARTY POOPERS (Mafia) have been eliminated.

This place just keeps getting weirder and weirder, doesn't it? dC thought. Maybe someday I'll get used to it.

dichotomousCreator was...

Princess Kate, Duchess of Cambridge

[Image: 43NYvyP.jpg]

You aren’t quite sure how you got here, but you’ve kind of accepted it at this point honestly. You think you accidentally fell into some deep water well while out for a jog, and next thing you knew you wound up in this weird place with your phone smashed into a million pieces. Thankfully some random people started worshipping you because you fulfilled some prophecy and made you their princess, which was pretty awesome. Anyway, while you miss your prince (and your phone), you don’t think you’re getting home any time soon. It’s time to get yourself a new man, and drive out the darkness plaguing the ball.

The sun never sets in your Kingdom, after all.

"Ladies, ladies, you're all the prettiest princess to me," Speedchuck said, opening his arms wide as the remaining three girls flocked to him. He flashed a smile directly at the camera. Surely thousands of girls would be sighing, watching from home.

Speedchuck was...

Prince Amos of Uppervale

[Image: imu8nvs.png]

You are the hot, talented, and wanted prince of Uppervale. All the ladies want you. They’re all here because of you. How awesome is that?
You’re manly as HELL and wear an awesome tuxedo. Unfortunately, there are only tailors around these parts that make dresses, and try all they might, they’ll never get you to wear a dress, no ma’am.
You’re also…a bit of a perv. You sometimes sneak to princess’ windows, and uh…watch them undress. You learn a lot about people that way.

Show them why you’re the most wanted man in the realm.

You are the MACHO COP.

Each night you may visit someone. In doing so, you determine their alignment. You cannot be saved by the DOCTOR.

Watching in the distance contentedly was Acionyx. He had performed his job to the best of his ability, and look at this wonderful princesses (and prince), they were so happy.

"Aren't we forgetting someone?" Speed notices, looking around. "Ah, there you are!" He says, looking directly at Acio. "Aren't you going to come with us?"

"...Why not?" Acio said, smiling and running over to join them.

Acionyx was...
The Fairy Godmother, dC

[Image: XjXLdFQ.png]

You are the prettiest princess, everybody else can go home.
Not really. You WISH you were, though. During the day you like to disguise yourself as an ordinary princess and party it up with the royal families. But in the late hours of the night, you reveal your true form: The Fairy Godmother! You go around visiting peasants who deserve better lives and grant them beautiful dresses so that they can also attend the ball and hopefully live happily ever after! But lately, with this business of party poopers going around, it seems like you only have time to keep an eye on current princesses these days.

Keep them safe.

You are the DOCTOR.

Each night you may visit someone. If you find that their dress has been ruined in the night, you will replace it with an exact replica of the dress prior to its ruining.

You all skip off merrily into the night, eagerly awaiting the ball - and the happily ever afters that follow.

THE PRETTIEST PRINCESSES WIN!
10-30-2015, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 03:05 PM by Carnegie.)
RE: Prettiest Princess Mafia (6/8) - Day 2 - Fiesty Foresty Female Flabberghasted, Flees
Quicktopics
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/76nQkrWGHxFFc - Nanahiras (Vanilla Town)
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/dvEbfAP9TmJh - phantomEclipse (Vanilla Town)
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/XWyQX3LJdLrW - dichotomousCreator (Vanilla Town)
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/wHpykQr4FhDH - icanhasdonut (Vanilla Town)
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/HAmNtSvZNTkF - Speedchuck (Macho Cop)
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/Zc92btaBVYn4 - Acionyx (Doctor)
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/YwiZW4W7Uv2y - TryTryAgain / Alter Eage (Mafia)
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/Uf2ttSg9BMExz - Vancho1 (Mafia)

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/hmVvPHxFjMm9u - Observer Chat
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/2DqVpHy5StZRR - Scumchat

Also, lol this game didn't even last a week.

Feel free to post!
10-30-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: Prettiest Princess Mafia (5/8) - Princesses Prevail Posthaste - TOWN WINS!
dc is my favorite princess

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
10-30-2015, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 03:01 PM by dichotomousCreator.)
...I did it?

I DID IT!

gg town thanks for listening (although granted I probably could have handled myself better over all). Scum played well, Vancho was pretty unlucky to get run up like that and Eagle largely got PoE'd (at least that's why I was going after him at the end once I decided pE probably wouldn't have killed donut)

I know I didn't really do it :V. Props to the folks who did the work re-reading and deciding on the AE lynch

also never give up never surrender

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
10-30-2015, 02:53 PM
wow you jerks hammered before I could write my actual post!! but it was OK because we won anyway.

good game all, and good stuff Acio/dC. ironically, despite picking up on Acio being a PR, I had assumed he was the cop.

Vancho, in the future you should at least claim a PR if you're sinking D1 as scum like that, that way you can out a counterclaim before going down if nothing else.

I had fun, this coming from somebody mostly burnt out of mafia who only joined because Carny invited me and it wasn't very big. Small games are good stuff.
10-30-2015, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 03:05 PM by dichotomousCreator.)
...wait, Acio's role was WHAT?!

EDIT: ...speedchuck's role was WHAT?!?!?

Okay this game was amazing Carnegie great job

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
10-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Quote:In light of that, I'm gonna FOS: dC (I would vote but that'd be H-1 so scum!Pantsclips could conceivably hammer, kill the Cop, and still have an outside chance of bullshitting their way through to my mislynch tomorrow). I'm 60% sure the last scum is dC (on reread I feel weirdest about their #111, Vancho's #122 (Speed would've been my second pick for scum before the PR claim, so pairing them off with dC in terms of scumminess is... eugh. Follow up with the Vancho/Speedchuck pairing by dC at #133 and it seems like the scumteam struck out in terms of picking a plausible bud for the soon-to-crash Vancho).

Overthought it here schazer shoulda just given us the rope to hammer him willy nilly :p

DC you did pretty good this game; my main complaint is that you went simulataneously aggro /and/ defeatist in 192 onwards and it's a bad combination because it makes you look like you're faking town and giving an excuse to not participate

The stuff that nana was doing looking back into older interactions is what would have helped your position since at that point in the game there's not much content you can prod out of people that's going to tell you much since you/pe/shaz would all default to the other two as better lynches.

Quote:good game all, and good stuff Acio/dC. ironically, despite picking up on Acio being a PR, I had assumed he was the cop.

Said in my qt but you nearly got me to reflexively go "wtf I wasn't breadcrumbing anything" but I caught myself realizing that my early question might look like cophints

And yeah this was super fun in terms of not having heavy lurking and losing track of people
10-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I checked Donut. I was originally going to check pE.

Now I get a harem. Pretty sweet. Especially the dragon-chick.
10-30-2015, 03:04 PM
Oh, and yeah, I like small games. I'm also going to run one, on this site! Those that aren't already should sign up for it! #shameless
10-30-2015, 03:11 PM
I figured I could maybe tease reactions out if it looked like I wasn't getting lynched or a push would be needed. Plus at the point when I decided I didn't want to just die quietly my only real plan was "kick up as much of a fuss as possible and see if something happens". I have had some stuff on RL-wise recently which might have had an impact.

That said, yeah I probably should have gone and looked at previous interactions instead. Something to keep in mind for next time!

10-30-2015, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 03:18 PM by Nanahiras.)
to be fair, what pushed me over the edge to vote AE over dC was that dC had been actively engaging in the thread trying to get the lynch off himself, even if the way he went about it looked a little sleazy, whereas AE just seemed like she was sitting back waiting for the lynch to happen. she was mostly talking about gamestate and wasn't doing much to interact with the thread

like, obviously dC was in the spotlight, but even before then he seemed more invested in figuring out the game than AE was in her posts
10-30-2015, 03:47 PM
I wrote of the activity because she's in a different timezone and fairly busy and because DC absorbed my focus

But 232 was /such/ a huge flinch
10-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Full circle: Being an attention black hole with a giant wagon on me was what inspired my current avatar in the first place. That avatar inspired Acio's role, whose attention was absorbed this game by me being an attention black hole with a giant wagon on me...

10-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Now if only my romantic life was this rich.
10-30-2015, 05:40 PM
Yeeeeah I crashed hard, honestly after the unsolved game got locked down to three players my only real go-to was feigned disinterest at my lynch. Might've been more realistic if I could've looked like I believed the game was 100% solveable D3, but there I go mechanics-ing again :v.

I do must of my foramnbulating at work (I teach, but can usually rely on a fair amount of desk time) but being busier than usual meant my limited desk time was spent actually doing my job, and tiredness over the week kind of snowballed. I honestly lack the heart to build up a bad-faith case on someone (even if dC offered no surfeit of material to pick apart on D2), it just feels... dishonest?

I killed Donut because they were a the least likely to eat mislynch while still not being a valid target for protection like Aci. Nan was an option but I feel bad killing a newcomer (regardless of how liable they are to nail me to a wall), so, eh.

I mentioned this in my scumchat, and it ended up not impacting the game because folks had the decency to not try catch me out in that fashion (I offered no shortage of alternatives!) but I'd like to put it to a vote: safe fakeclaim offered to scum, yes or no?
10-30-2015, 05:43 PM
I think the way to do safeclaims is to say they'll be provided if town tries to use the flavor claiming strategy. That way the town probably won't bother and no safeclaims need to be concocted unless they try to.

also wait, no surfeit of material? surfeit means surplus, and I'm pretty sure I offered up plenty :V

10-30-2015, 07:06 PM
haha, and here was me thinking it meant "shortage". Such a selection of "s" words, insufficient slumber!
10-30-2015, 07:22 PM
I just give out fakeclaims ahead of time cuz if you wait until the town tries to abuse flavor claiming that can be metagamed too if somebody proposes it with no host around
10-30-2015, 09:05 PM
I feel kinda bad for TTA who in his very first game became lone scum against seven town and two powerroles after his only teammate got lynched Day 1. No wonder that he replaced out.
10-31-2015, 12:14 AM
Yeah. Anyways, it was a great game! Even though scum wiped, I think that the game was pretty balanced. Think about it.

If we had mislynched D1 (and we almost lynched the cop), then it would probably be MYLO D2. At that point, with 4 town and 2 scum, cc's are reasonable.

Really, because of the only scum D1 lynch I've seen in a while, the game ended up not being scum-sided, but town-sided. That's why I like games with an odd number of players, it allows D1 not to affect the game a huge amount.
10-31-2015, 12:33 AM
Plus there isnt really an issue of balance with obly two prs. If you really wanted to though, you couldve made it 9 people with a third scum. Still keeps the 1:3 ratio

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
10-31-2015, 01:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 01:20 AM by Carnegie.)
3:6 isn't 1:3, its 1:2

Regardless having another scum might've been a little better for longevity purposes? Idk though. I've seen plenty of games with 6 town and 2 scum
10-31-2015, 01:24 AM
6 Town and 2 scum is arguably more balanced than 6 and 3. With 6 and 3, one mislynch puts it into LYLO. And you have to get three correct lynches.

I think pE was trying for 1/3 being scum. Maybe.
10-31-2015, 02:00 AM
Yeah give scum fakeclaims definitely
10-31-2015, 02:32 AM
I find it amusing that people always suspect me.

Really, the only game I was never suspected strongly in was probably Credithunt, if my memory serves.
10-31-2015, 02:39 AM
(10-31-2015 01:24 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  6 Town and 2 scum is arguably more balanced than 6 and 3. With 6 and 3, one mislynch puts it into LYLO. And you have to get three correct lynches.

I think pE was trying for 1/3 being scum. Maybe.

Yes. This is also if te doctor doesnt save anyone

10-31-2015, 02:39 AM
Also, werent you actually scum in credithunt, speed?

10-31-2015, 02:42 AM
I also find it so weird we finished this game in under 2 weeks

10-31-2015, 02:50 AM
(10-31-2015 02:39 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  Also, werent you actually scum in credithunt, speed?
I was. And it was pretty great. You vigged both of my teammates.
10-31-2015, 04:58 AM
And we took half of the town down with me in that glorious fire.

Good game everyone, was fun to watch. I think six and two was a good balance for eight players for future games, five and two might work but you're probably best with ten/eleven and three. Another suggestion I might throw out is having only one of the cop/doc at a time to rectify the issue of a day one scum lynch. That way town will have a significantly more difficult chance of being able to mechanically narrow down the scum to victory like they did here.

Fakeclaims are probably necessary for games with any sort of pre-existing flavour (like this last one), but if all the characters are made up it's less vital since scum can just provide details on their own. Thankfully I don't think our community really tries to catch people as scum that way regardless, but you're better safe than sorry.
10-31-2015, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 05:58 AM by anacreon.)
thinking doing a vanilla set up but will probably use the version of a cop that is guaranteed to know 1 of the town at game start. the cop being the only town pr obviously though.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
10-31-2015, 06:06 AM
As in they get one random clear at gamestart and nothing else like an informed townie?

That would probably be more balanced but I don't really like the element of randomization. Maybe just give the cop a single night check?
10-31-2015, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 06:37 AM by Carnegie.)
I didn't even realize I was supposed to give fakeclaims. Huh. It felt at the time like I'd be a scumsided mod if I had given a fakeclaim for her to use.

I was always kinda sketchy about the doc, I feel like it wasn't necessary and in the end here it actually did wind up screwing over the last scum. In the future if I host another small vanilla I probably won't include doc?
10-31-2015, 07:58 AM
You should give fakeclaims, but also announce that you've done so.

Otherwise it's just really really hard for scum if people claim flavor - now they have to make it up, come up with something plausible, and hope they don't claim something that someone else actually has.

If you don't announce it, though, scum can get "townfirmed" off it and that's kind of bullshit too.

Meanwhile, if you announce it ... people will mostly just not even let flavor impinge on their play, leaving you with a game that plays like a flavorless game (good!) but has all the upsides of flavor (fine, if you like that kind of thing, I guess).
10-31-2015, 08:08 AM
By the way the best way to do fakeclaims is to write an extra two vanilla role PMs and randomly select two to give to scum after writing all of them.

I think 6 and 3 would be better balanced than this game? Yeah it's a high scum to Town ratio, but 1/3rd Town being PRs is horrifying. Remember both PRs are Townfirms unless scum CCs them, so the only way to deal with them is for scum to either kill them in the Night or gain overrrun.

Alternatively nerf the power roles (Obv. make Cop a reckless vigilante)
10-31-2015, 08:09 AM
I do like 3 scum though because I feel it's better dynamics. See: TTA becoming a psuedo-serial killer after Vancho was lynched D1.
10-31-2015, 10:21 AM
I feel like there's gotta be a clever way to make low player count games less swingy...(like, power level issues aside, whether the town lynches scum D1 or not makes a huge difference)

10-31-2015, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 10:50 AM by Nanahiras.)
6:3 is too scumsided since town only has one ML before LYLO, you could give town more PRs but generally it's better to balance down instead of up

most balanced 9p set-ups are 7:2 with low town power. I think the best 9p set-up I've played in was this (link), although the game clusterfucked for other reasons
10-31-2015, 10:51 AM
Just fyi people have spent about a dcade developing the vanilla setup to the best of their abilities and you should be able to find docs on it on some wiki on the internet.
11-01-2015, 02:16 AM
I'm not a huge fan of 7v2 for the sheer reason that a scum death early is even slightly more brutal than it was here - but it is better than 6v3.

I think cutting down power roles in a game this small, or giving scum some, is probably the easiest answer. Then again, amos is absolutely right and I haven't looked up such docs myself.
11-01-2015, 03:06 AM
You could do a 7:2 setup with a scum roleblocker and a vanilla scum

11-01-2015, 04:32 AM
What if the roleblocker dies D1? Also roleblocker means town needs enough useful PRs that a 7v2 setup is still dangerous.

Looking over the link Nanahiras posted a roleblocker and rolecop for scum might be a workable combo, and then give town a handful of limited powers (like odd/even night roles or one/twoshots).
11-01-2015, 10:02 AM
What if rather than a roleblocker scum had a factional roleblock in the 6v2 situation? It'd mean the PR clear we did this game would be less powerful (the remaining scum kills one PR and roleblocks the other), but it might make the scumteam too powerful in scenarios where they don't lose a member D1...

11-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Well there honestly is no for sure way to have a perfectly balanced setup without making it complicated

The way i see it: te standard setup for say, EM, (one cop, one doc, 3 vanilla, 2 vanilla scum)

Is well balanced due to it's n1 start so that someone dies before te conversation even starts. And as sucky as that is in this scenario, it really does balance it out

11-01-2015, 11:21 AM
The balance is kind of random though? All it means is scum take out the strongest meta!town player N1

A similar effect could be achieved by giving scum two kills N1...that way both kills are informed, everyone still gets a say, etc. Makes it swingy on the doc though.