Trollslum Café: And so it begins. [READ THE RULES FIRST]
04-23-2013, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 05:13 AM by Telly.)
Trollslum Café: And so it begins. [READ THE RULES FIRST]
Welcome to ChocolatePi's Trollslum Café!

Moderators:

Yani (me)

Overlard

Silvy

Hayarp

Nonesense

The general purpose of this thread is for you to roleplay as your fantrolls as much as your heart desires. Most of the traffic here will be from the MSPA official forums, but there will be other friends here to enjoy themselves as well.

Please note that before roleplaying, you must SUBMIT your troll’s profile to one of the mods (Yani, Overlard, Silvy, Hayarp, or Nonesense) via PM for approval. We will be checking for canon adherence, a rounded out and interesting character, and other such generalities. These will not be super strict, so don’t panic. Make the best troll you can! We STRONGLY encourage the use of the Critique Thread to help you with any issues you may have. You also need at least one sprite of your troll, or even a drawing. After approval, you may post the profile in the Trollslum.
As a note, the mods ALSO have to submit their trolls. Not even we are exempt from this rule.

Additionally, once you’ve had THREE profiles accepted, you no longer need to submit them. At that point, you’ll be trusted to maintain quality. Please don’t abuse this trust.

Submitted profiles should resemble the standard MSPA style intro used throughout Homestuck, only with a bit more detail. All trolls should have a lusus, fetch modus, strife specibus, trolltag, and quirk.

Also, this entire café is in essence the "next" thread that would be following this café thread, so it's just fine to keep your friendships and quadrants just like you had them.

Listed below are some general rules that must be adhered to when roleplaying here in the café:

A.) Trollslum prerequisites:

1.) Troll behaviour:

Trolls are expected to abide by the hemospectrum. For example, a Seadweller sympathizing with a rustblood will not be tolerated. This is Alternia; hemorebels will not be tolerated here in the cafe.

In addition, trolls are not generally "soft" towards others. Trolls that are overly kind, shy, wimpy, and scared of everything are most likely to be cullbait for the trolls that act like they're supposed to. Trolls are rude, mean, and they act like Internet trolls. Of course, this doesn't mean your troll cannot be kind to their friends. Why wouldn't they be? But you can't just have them start being super nice to random strangers. That's not how it works.

Please remember that trolls would NEVER sleep outside of a recuperacoon intentionally. They would suffer horrible, traumatizing nightmares if they tried to sleep without the aid of sopor slime. The café has no recuperacoons in it either, so a troll would have to leave to get rest. If you make your troll go to sleep in the café, they had best wake up with severe PTSD and bloodlust. And if we find you doing this a lot, there will be consequences for it.

2.) Mutants, cyborgs, and other non-trolls:

This is a rule that is going to be more enforced than others. Lets talk about the different kinds of mutants first.

Hemomutants:

These are the Karkat trolls. A troll with any colour of blood that is not on the hemospectrum. If your troll has a blood mutation, then you need to find somewhere else to roleplay. These kinds do not exist on Alternia simply because they would die in the caverns.

Also, please note that trolls with black or white blood, remember that those are in no way canon colours. That colour of blood does not exist for the troll species. And if your troll has rainbow blood or blood that changes colour, then just please leave this forum altogether and seek remedial help. Overly bright blood is also forbidden, both for being a mutation and also a huge pain to read.

And if you have a Seadweller with blood that is not violet or fuchsia, you really need to get some major help.

Anatomical mutations:

These are the physical/psychic mutations of the trolls. You have seen mutations like these in the Homestuck comic, such as Vriska's eyes, and even Eridan's hair colour. These will be accepted, provided that they are within reason and do not overpower your troll.

Eye and hair mutations are among the most acceptable, but do not expect your troll to be in the cafe without having someone try to pull something. Alternia is supposed to be free of the mutants; your troll will be a target. Any other mutations, such as wings, over-powered psychics, and anything that majorly distorts your troll's appearance may be questioned. To borrow from the original Trollslum Café's thread: if your troll turns heads when it walks in the door, don't bother bringing it in.

Powers:

Troll powers should never be “too” powerful. How powerful is that? If your troll can easily crush tons of people with his power, that’s a no-no. No troll should be able to match the power of any of the canons, especially Sollux or Mituna.

Trolls above olive are not allowed to have powers at all, period. This includes chucklevoodoos which are banned completely, due to the fact we know next to nothing about them and grant an unfair advantage to the already powerful Indigo caste.

Olive blooded trolls can have powers, but they should not be anywhere near powerful. Since they’re on the edge of the no-powers zone, their abilities should be fairly weak or useless.

Robots:

If your troll is more than 50% bot, please don't bring them into the café. Reason being is because if your troll shows signs of having to rebuild themselves, it means that they've had someone try to cull them, which leaves an open invite for anyone else to finish the job. If your troll has cybernetic parts, please explain in your fantroll profile why they have them. If you want them to have robotics because you think it's cool, it's really not. If you don't have a good reason, then don't have them.

Non-trolls:

If you have a fanhuman, alien, or a carapace, this isn't the place for them. Other threads will be created for you to roleplay with those, but it is not here. Keep those guys as far away from the café as possible.

3.) Reality:

Even though this is roleplaying, the laws of realism still are in effect. If your troll gets hit in the face, you can't just shrug it off and act like it never happened. If your troll is in a fight and loses a body part, they WILL bleed. Just because trolls are heavy bleeders doesn't mean that they will be okay. And it's also very highly unlikely that your troll will get their severed limbs magically sewn back on and have them fully functional. If your troll loses an arm, their only hope is a robotic arm. Sorry.

B.) General roleplaying rules:

1.) Godmodding:

Godmodding is defined as basically “forcing someone into an action through unfair circumstances.” Your troll cannot automatically hit another troll without express permission from the other author. This also includes using several of your own trolls to gang up on someone else’s.

An example of godmodding:

“Rustin slugs Moryuo in the chest, driving the wind from him before finishing up with a knife to the neck.”

Unless he got permission for that, Rustin just earned himself a stern talking to and a retcon.

Godmodding does not include highbloods bossing around lowbloods. That is completely normal, and up to the lowblood to obey. Of course, any repercussions that result for them are their own fault.

2.) Roleplaying:

Jump right in! If your fantroll's profile has been submitted AND approved, feel free to walk your troll in whoever you like. You can have them sit down at a table or booth, or at the bar. If you want them to talk to someone that is already in the café, make sure that other troll isn't already talking to someone else.

Actions such as sending a note, drink, or any other object to a troll engaged in roleplay with someone that is not you without their permission is not allowed. It is rude and disrupts the other person's roleplaying. If you would like to do this, please ask the player before doing it. They might not like their conversations to be interrupted, and if that is the case, please respect that.

Please don't center your troll to gang up on someone else's troll every time they are in the café. It's understandable if they are trying to cull or interrogate someone, but there are times when that other person will want to come and roleplay without being bothered by threats. Please respect that as well.

When using OOC speech, (out-of-character) use (( parentheses )) or [[ brackets ]] to show that it is non-roleplay. Any posts containing only OOC replies will be deleted. Redirect those to the Trollslum GenChat or use the Personal Message feature.

3.) Strifes:

All trolls fight. It's common knowledge. A scuffle in the café is one thing, but if you want to duke it out with weapons and psionics, you are not allowed to do it inside the café. Take it to the private messaging system, or to the back alley. This café thread is for conversation; not endless pages of fighting.

4.) Romance:

Acceptable behaviour:

Quadrants are important for trolls to have. We encourage your troll to develop relationships and quadrants with others. But as seen canonically in Homestuck, trolls prefer to keep their quadrants private. It is acceptable to hold hands with your Matesprit in the café, and even have a quick kiss. But if you bring a lot of snogging in here, I will personally take it out. Blackrom actions such as physical abuse in the name of the quadrant can be triggering and will not be acceptable here. Something simple such as a slap in the face is okay, but if you're going to choke someone or start harming them, don't bother. Do it over some other medium.

5.) Interactions with other players:

If you are experiencing problems with another player, such as godmodding, the repeatedly harassment of your troll even if you have personally asked the player to stop, or just having someone barge into your own roleplaying, please do not call them out on the thread. Please address me or any of the other mods via PM and we will attend to it as soon as possible.

6.) These rules you just read:

These are subject to change at any time, so if I were you, I'd check them a few times a month just to make sure.

Thank you, and have fun roleplaying!
04-23-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Trollslum Café: And so it begins.
[Image: SX6IK68.png]

Mureta walks into the cafe, looking fairly chipper. She finds a table and sits down, before deploying a captcha vault and effortlessly decrypting it...to reveal a pile of junk. She begins digging through it, inspecting each broken part very closely before putting them into various piles.
04-23-2013, 02:04 PM
[Image: N3DZe.png]
This guy walks in. It sure does feel good to have an establishment to head to again. He still doesn't understand why the previous one was closed down.
04-23-2013, 02:22 PM
[Image: SX6IK68.png]

Mureta picks out a piece of what appears to be some sort of wiring from the junk pile and looks at it closely...after staring intently, she mutters what sounds like "aha" and pockets it. Finally, the servebots come to take her order. She keeps looking through her pile until it mutters a sound...she jumps in surprise.

Looking a little embarrassed, she just orders a sandwich and some water and goes back to sorting her junk.
04-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Zorron heads to the bar and gets the usual. A ginger beer.
04-24-2013, 01:47 AM
[Image: Zunnah32_zps8134bcca.png]

A small brownblood entered the cafe ever so carefully. He sat down at a corner table after inspecting the place to discover it was empty. He'd be sure to hide if something menacing came around. For now all was clear and he could simply sit there and rest. It felt sort of nice to be out of his hive for a change...
04-24-2013, 02:03 AM
[Image: X6rrC.png]
This short little seadweller wanders in and takes a look around. It looks much fresher and new around here. Paint job? No... New furniture?.. Hmmmm.... Either way, it looks good and he decides to take a seat at the nearest table and look through the menu for tea.
((Chever has now been reset! He will still know all the trolls he had met, but any thing that has happened to him, physical damage, mental damage and quadrents are all completely reset to start afresh!!))

[Image: XEC5v.png]
My Tumblr!
Full signature Here!! List of all my trolls here!!

I make Music!!!!
Feel free to listen to them any time! They will be mostly themes of my characters but sometimes they are just nice little songs I like to put together (most of my work is of the Techno Genre)
[Image: badge.png]

[Image: J5sjGj4.png]

Have a dave and karkat
[Image: tumblr_inline_moy6rwxYVo1qlkjz1.gif]
04-24-2013, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 03:02 AM by Nonesense.)
[Image: Zunnah32_zpsd0900cdb.png]

Zunnah is still here, though he seems to be on the edge of nodding off. Must be tired or something. Not really a surprise considering his lusus had once again kept him up all day with his infernal yapping. Had Zunnah been one bit more cruel he would have just gotten the barkbeast lusus a muzzle.

After a while he stirrs and exits the cafe.
04-24-2013, 07:13 PM
[Image: qofDh.png]

Taking a look around, she holds her SCIENCE BAG to her chest, making sure nobody she knows is here.
Luckily, nobody she knows is here.
So she quickly sits down at a booth and holds her bag tightly some more.
04-24-2013, 07:34 PM
[Image: UblichDopant-1.png]
The doors swing open as a 7ft tall hatted and long slacked troll stands in it's now open gap. A silent and stagnant grin placed on his face is all that can be see in his dark silhou- No no, thats all wrong.
Ehm, a single door is cracked open as he peeks his head in hat first observing the empty theres someone here. oh? observing the only patron of this wretched yeah, wretched place. With interest piqued the rest of his body follows into to the quiet cafe and takes a seat across from the only person here.
use the card
Give her the C
[|:| Hello, heheh. My name is Ublich Dopant.
He extends his long arm, playing card in hand to the red rust haha, disgusting Eh-em..red blooded troll.
[|:? Whats your name
04-24-2013, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 07:38 PM by Taycat.)

Staring at him, she doesn't take his hand nor the car. Instead, she shakes her head. He's rather tall, compared to her he's at least 2 feet taller, and this proves difficult in her studies. All she wants to do is share some sweet liquids with others. But she can't get doses for those who are much taller than her expectations.

Ah well.

[SCIENCE]If I gave my name, that would not be fun. However, I shall comply. Octana.[BAG]
04-24-2013, 07:46 PM
???????
Damn right she'll comply.
It seems the red rust blood did not wish to take the honor of being given the card of such a substantial member of Alternia. Ublich's brow twitches, but chuckles it off.
[|:|Heheheh...Octana it is then. I can't..help but feel it's familiar.
Octana...such a name brings up worry in Ublich's confused mind but such a silly feeling is not a priority to such a busy man. Forgetting all about he puts the card back in his vest pocket and cracks his knuckles.
[|:? So what brings you here to such a rundown and empty place
drug her
No ones around
04-24-2013, 07:50 PM

She smiles just a bit more at him questioning her.

[SCIENCE]Well, you see, I am here to test! That is all![BAG]

Simple.
04-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Hmm?
what?
huh?

[|:| Test? wHAT are your testing, little one?
04-24-2013, 08:01 PM

Her favorite part is explaining.

[SCIENCE]I test the effects of my toxins on other trolls! Even myself! However, after quite awhile, I start to develop an immunity. Though this usually takes several perigees...[BAG]

She's practically bouncing in her seat, clutching that bag of hers.
04-24-2013, 08:06 PM
He raises in eyebrow in surprise
haha!
it thinks it can do that?
[|:D Ohohoh, you'll hurt your self. rusty..
Ublich reaches out to pat her it on the head condescendingly.
04-24-2013, 08:07 PM

She ducks a bit under his hand, trying to avoid him.

[SCIENCE]You speak as if you know any better.[BAG]
04-24-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 08:17 PM by The Necromancer.)
[|:| Oh, but I do. I have spent some time perfecting my alchemical craft.
some time?
You mean all your sweeps, pal.
Hes not your pal and hes also taking his deck of cards out.
[|:| You...you shouldn't worry yourself with such things. Get a shovel or something. learn to dig fine trenches. I hear they need trenches. Somewhere.
04-24-2013, 08:16 PM

Sitting back up, she unclasps and reclasps her bag repeatedly.

[SCIENCE]Why should I waste my mind on monotonous things such as trench digging? That is for other rustbloods, I am not one of them.[BAG]
04-24-2013, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 08:22 PM by The Necromancer.)
Put her in her place
stab her
drug her
[|:| Little one, you would be wasting your time getting yourself all bothered and flustered with such complicated sciences. the monotonous, while boring it would give you a much happier existence.
04-24-2013, 08:23 PM

[SCIENCE]Happiness is but a disease. I do not want to be riddled with such a disease.[BAG]
04-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Clearly she can't be sweet talked
Yeah, just stab her
Ublich fixes his hat and takes a breath.
[|:| Yes...tHAT is good you realize tHAT..
He taps his finger against his deck of cards. Taking a moment to think it comes to him.
[|:? Have you even accomplished anything, be honest with me
You're wasting your time
04-24-2013, 08:30 PM

[SCIENCE]I have discovered many new toxins in this world. As well as enhance discovered ones![BAG]
04-24-2013, 08:34 PM
[|:| I'm sure you have...Well, I must go now. My HATs need me you see.
He leaves abruptly.
04-24-2013, 08:34 PM

She also decides to leave, seeing as it is quite empty in here.
04-24-2013, 08:52 PM
[Image: 6gML1.png]
What fast service!! He sips his tea delightfully and sighs. Lets see now..... Who is here.... Lets see who he can Harass talk to....

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!
Feel free to listen to them any time! They will be mostly themes of my characters but sometimes they are just nice little songs I like to put together (most of my work is of the Techno Genre)

Have a dave and karkat
04-24-2013, 10:50 PM
[Image: 4YBrC.png]

Varnak enters the newly renovated cafe and takes a seat at a booth.
God damn, it's been a while. He orders a mocha, Just Like Old Times. Ahh....this is the life... Wait, no it's not.

Click here to view my signature: http://www.mspaforums.com/member.php?102...kkenfreak4
04-24-2013, 11:28 PM
[Image: Y70bO.png]
There's something missing...... Hmmmmm....... That's right!!! BISCUITS!! He orders just that and spots Varnak enter. Haven't seen him since he helped repair chevers harpoon.
He calls out to the limeblood
vvanark, ovver here
It's Varnak, chever....

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!

Have a dave and karkat
04-24-2013, 11:36 PM

Who called out a name that was similar to your own? None other than Chever, the seadweller hacker. Man, it't been a while since you repaired his harpoon. You walk on over to Chever and smile.

[color="0E451B"]Hey Chever, i7's been a while! How have ya been, dude?[/color]

Click here to view my signature: http://www.mspaforums.com/member.php?102...kkenfreak4
04-24-2013, 11:40 PM
[Image: pXxGP.png]
could be better, been bu1ld1ng vve1chless ass my nextt b1g projectt. And a whale atte my harpoon, tthe one you repa1red

He dips his biscuits in his tea and just noms on it

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!

Have a dave and karkat
04-24-2013, 11:51 PM

Varnak goes to thinking about Anti-Gravity vehicles now...

Wha7 kind of vehicles?

04-24-2013, 11:55 PM
[Image: 2L9n7.png]
ffour wheeled motter1ssed devv1cess. Erm, 1ttss a b1tt sslow becausse 1 keep crassh1ng when ttesstt1ng tthem

Yes, chever has no clue how to drive and continuously crashes into things

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!

Have a dave and karkat
04-25-2013, 12:10 AM

Maybe ya should hire a driver... I be7 7ha7 can help a lo7...

Varnak, don't volunteer...

04-25-2013, 12:13 AM

hmmm, h1re a dr1vver....? Butt whatt aboutt tthe pay, 1l1ke keep1ng my ffatt ssttackss off cassh

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!

Have a dave and karkat
04-25-2013, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 12:21 AM by Tekkenfreak4.)

Varnak just shrugs...

Or, ya know, pu7 yerself in harms way and keep 7he pace yer experimen7s are goin'. Wha7ever ya wan7, dude.

((I gotta go get ready for work. Time freeze ok?))

04-25-2013, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 11:47 AM by BlueGemFox.)
well..... Hmmmm, 1guess tthatt would be ssttup1d.... 1 COULD. H1re ssomeone ffor m1n1mum wage
Chever sure likes to hold onto his money!
((They have now been... DEFROSTED!!))

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!

Have a dave and karkat
04-25-2013, 11:48 AM

I7 would be more efficien7, ya know...

04-25-2013, 12:26 PM
[Image: X6rrC.png]
yess, 1tt would! And 1 sspeed up my pojectt tt1me!
He ponders heavily about hiring a guinie pig for his projects.... He could always swipe a rust blood for it when no ones looking....... Nah.... He's too short to do that

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!

Have a dave and karkat
04-25-2013, 12:35 PM

So, any7hin' else up wi7h ya?

04-25-2013, 12:38 PM
[Image: pXxGP.png]
well, 1 d1d end up blow1ng up my m1crowavve tthe otther day ffor no partt1cular reasson.... 1 d1dntt know cooked ff1ssh were sso deadly!
That has got to be the most ridiculous thing he has said all damn week

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!

Have a dave and karkat
04-25-2013, 12:41 PM
[Image: veR53O8.png]

Who's this douchebag?
Whoever he his, he strides confidently into the cafe, immediately absorbing his surroundings. Decor? Mediocre. Occupants? Few. Noise level? Low. Problems? None. This is a good spot to sit and have a drink, he's decided. He chooses a table and has a seat, waving off the servebots that come to him. He would have none of their inferior beverages.
For now, he just observes the surrounding events.
04-25-2013, 12:47 PM
[Image: r3ibt.png]

...Wha7 7he fuck?

Yea...stupidest thing you have heard in a while...

04-25-2013, 01:01 PM
[Image: Kga9u.png]
1tt wass pretty FFUNNY tthough! 1 wass jusstt dr1nk1ng my ttea when 1tt exploded! 1 ended up w1tth a ff1ssh head 1n my lap. 1 wass ffeel1ng lazy tthatt one n1ghtt sso 1 d1dntt wantt tto cook... Worst m1ssttake HAH!
He just chuckles at himsekf, thinking back on it
1tt exploded tthatt much, tthe m1crowavve h1tt me!
He points to a few band aids on the side of his face

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!

Have a dave and karkat
04-25-2013, 01:05 PM
[Image: HW8OF.png]

Varnak thinks this seadweller has had too many microwaves to the thinkpan...

Umm....wow. And ya are happy abou7 ge77in' whacked wi7h 7he microwave....how?

04-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Zorron acquires his ginger beer and sits in a booth not far from the door. He quietly observes what is going on, keeping to himself.
04-25-2013, 01:16 PM
no, 1tt wass jusstt one off tthosse tth1ngss where you look back on 1tt and laugh
Yes.... He has a strange humor....

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!

Have a dave and karkat
04-25-2013, 01:30 PM

How long ago was i7?

04-25-2013, 01:36 PM
uhhhhhh...... Jusstt yesstterday
Well now!

My Tumblr!

I make Music!!!!

Have a dave and karkat
04-25-2013, 01:57 PM
[Image: Meyani_content.png]

Well, look what the meowbeast dragged in. Meyani prances her way through the café doors, taking a seat at a lone table. She orders herself a cappuccino and pulls out a book. Who would ever have thought Meyani knew how to read?
04-25-2013, 02:01 PM
[Image: cSNl4dL.png]

Aaaand there it is...
It didn't take long for him at all to pull out his mug. As to be expected.
He sits back and sips his coffee, taking in the atmosphere some more.
...of a sub-par cafe. What a weirdo.