Complete Insomniac Mafia - SCUM/3P WIN
03-31-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: Insomniac Mafia [13/13] - D1: Drunk on Justice
Yeah arright fuck this have fun
03-31-2016, 09:36 AM
Okay look nova I have full sympathy for your position (I feel like whoever stands out D1 for ANY reason tends to get wagoned too), but it's just D1 votes. Like, keep making cases and taking stances and stuff and the votes will likely go elsewhere.

I'll even de-rhetoric Pala's post for you. In terms of scumhunting, why are (were, since you're on Pala now) you just focusing on Granolaman? Is there any particular reason he's worth pursuing to the exclusion of looking into others? In fact, what are your opinions on GX and Vancho? And donut, while we're here.

@Vancho: Ah, that makes more sense as a reason. It's kinda marginal since when do scum slip by revealing they're sharing information, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, agree with Pala that you appear sincere about the mech talk (which makes it null at worst). Bonus points for specifically talking about non-mech things after answering my question.

@Palamedes: I'd hope nobody goes after anybody for D1 voting a townie. Honestly I just felt kinda guilty about being part of the D1 aggro carousel :/

Also I think I know what the answer to the riddle is but don't want to "Garcia" it.

Also also could you be a smidge less in-your-face with the Nova read? Like HAVING the read is fine but esp. D1 there is no need to get all heavy rhetoric about it.

@donut - Do you think you can get anything to happen with that Garu prod? I kinda think we're too late in the day to seriously prod a lurker and still do anything else with the day, and I kiiiiinda think this is a bit of an excuse to vote park. Lynch: icanhasdonut

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
03-31-2016, 09:37 AM
EBWOP: Also yeah Pala was being kind of needlessly sarcastic but that doesn't necessarily make him scum. Not saying the reasoning you outlined was bad, just that you should take into account that he pissed you off and that this might make you read him worse.

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
03-31-2016, 09:39 AM
Belligerent Nova actually feels more town to me? At least more fun to keep around.

I'm feeling light, potentially exclusive scumreads on Acio and dC, but if they were coaligned then the best course of action would be to sit and watch them implode on themselves.

Honestly, I want to No Lynch today. More people active tonight means more opportunity for mason shenanigans. I don't feel strongly enough on any reads to lynch over either, presumably due to lack of activity. Who knows, there's still 30 hours left.

(09-25-2015 09:43 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Granola congratulations on maintaining your reign as king of the bastards once again.
03-31-2016, 09:45 AM
You're a good guy, dC

So no, there IS no reason

It's Day fucking One

and I'm bad at scumhunting on day LAST

You think I'm smart enough to have locked scum already??? No. But y'know what happens when I try to read the mood of the votals and move my vote where it will matter more? People call me fucking wishy-washy. So I figured I'd attempt to commit more, and here we are. As for why I haven't mentioned GX or Vancho, well, that's ANOTHER catch-22: The last time I stopped playing with my reads close to my chest and spoke freely and honestly, I was actually accused of being too well-informed to be town. There's no winning this damn game.

This would all be worth it if I could actually fucking roll something I enjoy playing as, which at this point pretty much boils down to roles where I can shoot people for pissing me off, but nah, my streak's never gonna end, and I'm gonna be punished for having no way to fight back but to flounder and whinge. So fuck it, I'm not gonna subject myself to it over and over. People know what they think of me already, and they'd be right if my luck wasn't such utter shit. So that's that I guess.

Sorry but that's all ya get - hopefully enough to clear the name of the next poor sap to saddle into my slot, but if I keep playing this goddamned game I'm gonna need to go back to anger management, and this shit ain't worth it.
03-31-2016, 09:46 AM
If I remember right the math works out such that a random D1 lynch is actually better than no D1 lynch. Someone back me up on that? Plus if we hit someone with potential coalignment/anti-alignment tells we get information, and a D1 flip might provide mechanical info useful for deciding on N1 actions.

If this is true, then why do you think "shenanigans" is a good enough payoff to offset this?

03-31-2016, 09:49 AM
EBWOP:

@Nova: Alright. Fair enough. Can't say I don't share your irritation over how D1 usually plays out. Hope you can give it another go sometime, maybe in a larger or more clusterfucky game where you're more likely to pass under the radar early.

We can chat more postgame if you like and/or want to try and figure out how to enjoy playing Mafia again.

03-31-2016, 09:55 AM
Okay sorry for not wanting to deal with you answer dodging Nova, didn't plan to start a whole fight over it. I actually intended the 'actual devil' as a joke and nothing else because you were going after Granola exclusively so your response came off as being snide instead of frustrated which annoyed me. So, again, I'm sorry I didn't catch that and instead responded with the snark you were sending me (and making things way worse).

dC the riddle was rhetorical which is why I included the answer in the spoiler. Also you best bet that people go after whoever's on the D1 lynch, since it's sort of a major source of information on D2 - my point was more that a town player should always own and answer for their vote, while a scum player would really prefer not to. Oh right and Garcia rule is oftentimes stupid and misused so don't worry about breaking it with me the vast majority of the time.

Coldblooded beyond Vancho voting donut why do you think they aren't scum together (and why do you think that one of them likely is scum)?

I would definitely vote donut as things stand, and maybe dC, but don't really have anywhere else to put my vote.
03-31-2016, 10:02 AM
Except no one's really giving out strong coalignment/antialignment vibes yet (see: low activity). I'm arguing no lynch for greater shenanigans simply because shenanigans are way more fun, but there's protown stuff there too. The more shenanigans, the greater the chance a power role can archive their results with another player and the less information lost if they're toasted in the night.

Nova come back! I rescind my masonbuddy embargo, we can shenanigize!

(09-25-2015 09:43 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Granola congratulations on maintaining your reign as king of the bastards once again.
03-31-2016, 10:31 AM
(03-31-2016 09:55 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Coldblooded beyond Vancho voting donut why do you think they aren't scum together (and why do you think that one of them likely is scum)?

Hmm, that was a mistake on my part actually. I originally read that last page as Vancho getting me and Donut swapped around in his head, but looking back now it was actually me and Garuru who he got mixed up. So... nevermind on that part.

At any rate though, Donut is still talking about how much they distrust and don't want anybody to visit me while also randomly parking their vote on Garuru as a "prod" vote instead of actually trying to push for my lynch or anyone else's. Donut vote stands.

Tumblr/Steam
03-31-2016, 10:32 AM
lynch druple disliking that vote on nova because i can kinda see where nova is coming from

@dc ah yes, vote parking. such as moving a vote off someone i rvsed in an attempt to put a vote down that i'd actually like to see something coming from it(like words)

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
03-31-2016, 10:35 AM
cold my previous comment about you was saying "i don't trust 3p claims in general" so i pointed out other possible roles. then i said i didn't want to lynch you because i don't(yet)

i have talked about your role twice in total

03-31-2016, 10:52 AM
(03-31-2016 10:35 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  cold my previous comment about you was saying "i don't trust 3p claims in general" so i pointed out other possible roles. then i said i didn't want to lynch you because i don't(yet)

i have talked about your role twice in total

Okay but like, can you see how trying to put a claimed 3P on track to still being around at endgame might possibly be read as scummy? Or how post #120 might seem less like speculation and more like paranoia/fear-mongering?

Also could you maybe explain your feelings on Nova a bit more and also why you chose to vote for Druplesnubb over Acio or Pala or Granola?

Tumblr/Steam
03-31-2016, 11:05 AM
@Pala - Psh, missed the spoiler. Probably because Granola's posts I keep checking the spoiler in before realizing it's his signature. Anyway I was gonna say talking about talking about mechanics but close enough. Anyway MY point was that scum have no reason not to own their first D1 vote because it's so easy to say "yeah I was wrong it was D1 whatever". Like, trying to distance from your first non-RVS vote is laughably pointless.

@Granolaman - Ech. Still don't like it. We'll be going into D2 with whatever shenanigans happened overnight (MOST of which would have happened anyway) and a dead townie of the scumteam's choosing. What do you propose we do then? If we lynch D1 we can at least look into how D1 looks in light of the lynched player's alignment. With no lynch D1 we don't have any hard info to work with D2 without de-pantsing and D2 becomes the new D1.

At least if we get it over with and lynch someone today we only have to do this stupid rigamarole once >_>

anyway I don't support no lynching and I don't think you should either. If voting for a lynch target was 100% compulsory, who would you vote for?

@donut - my point is it's possible that your desire to see results from your vote was insincere (i.e. you don't care if Garu responds you just want to be seen voting). Context around it (i.e. it being unlikely to achieve the goal you stated) makes this more likely in my opinion.

03-31-2016, 11:21 AM
(03-31-2016 10:52 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Okay but like, can you see how trying to put a claimed 3P on track to still being around at endgame might possibly be read as scummy? Or how post #120 might seem less like speculation and more like paranoia/fear-mongering?
welcome to wine town, population me
(one thing i don't get is since your role is "odd number of majority visits" which implies you don't leave game through visits how saying "i don't think we should visit this guy" leaves you until endgame but w/e)
Quote:Also could you maybe explain your feelings on Nova a bit more and also why you chose to vote for Druplesnubb over Acio or Pala or Granola?
nova seems fairly sincere in what he's trying to do(he dislikes mechanical talk and tried to push away from it, hey i hate mechanical talk too) and his reactions read town just for me in general. his whole pala thing seems like something scum wouldn't do(unless they're both scum but that's back to wine town)
it was a tossup between druple and granola but i dislike druples vote more just out of the fact that discrediting a vote w/ some reasons as omgus is scummy fmpov
fwiw granola has gone back on his vote so my point still stands wrt druple>granola
pala and nova seem to be having a slapfight and they're maybe town at this point
acio didn't seem scummy to me anyways
(03-31-2016 11:05 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @donut - my point is it's possible that your desire to see results from your vote was insincere (i.e. you don't care if Garu responds you just want to be seen voting). Context around it (i.e. it being unlikely to achieve the goal you stated) makes this more likely in my opinion.
fair point, i guess

03-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Hello! My name is Sig, I've played quite a few mafia games on varies websites, I'll catch up and give some of my thoughts in a bit. I'm not used to such long phases usually I play 48/24 or 36/12 so bare with me please. :P
03-31-2016, 12:08 PM
Okay so quick question how do you quote a post?

So I dislike the RVS, but that is personal.

I like Coldblooded's point about GX and Vancho

I don't understand Nova's vote on Granolaman?
What is the issue with talking about the system? (Which I assume to mean the mechanics of the game?)
Or does Gran mean something else?

I dislike the Nova wagon I don't really see much reasoning for it, am unsure on Granolaman, and see nothing wrong with GX.

Also how do you guys do role claiming? Is it allowed, but discouraged, encouraged?
03-31-2016, 12:17 PM
Click the blue thing with the book and the +, then in the quick reply box click "quote these posts"

Issue with mechanics talk is that it's not useful to town and makes scum look like they're contributing when they're actually not. Well that's what a number of people say. It's something of an open issue.

What makes you unsure on Granolaman if you have no problem with the mechanics talk?

03-31-2016, 12:41 PM
(03-31-2016 12:17 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Click the blue thing with the book and the +, then in the quick reply box click "quote these posts"

Issue with mechanics talk is that it's not useful to town and makes scum look like they're contributing when they're actually not. Well that's what a number of people say. It's something of an open issue.

What makes you unsure on Granolaman if you have no problem with the mechanics talk?

Ah thank you!

It sounded like he was also discussing creating a code to talk in thread? Unless this was just banter which I misread.

I don't see a problem with day 1 mechanic talks, however the idea of creating a code is a turn off to me.
03-31-2016, 12:47 PM
Nova hyperscrutinizes me on a regular basis, but nobody minds it. I pinged his scumdar by talking about mechanics which is commonly seen as a way for scum to appear active without actually scumhunting.

Roleclaiming is on you, claim if you need it as a defense, but otherwise massclaiming is seen as a funkiller.

Codes are fun. Banter is also fun.

In honesty most of my mechspec is with regards to Rule 14 (No ciphers). I feel kinda bad about abusing replacement mechanics in the last few games so I wanna make sure any hijinks I get up to this game are above board

03-31-2016, 12:47 PM
Ah, fair enough. He was talking about how since we can end up with temporary private chats overnight we could look into establishing codes for continuing private communication beyond the duration of the private chat (e.g. by sharing some kind of cipher key in the private chat and using a cipher in the main thread. Well, not EXACTLY that as I believe that would be against the rules, but same principle)

Anyway, why is creating a code a specific turn off for you?

03-31-2016, 01:08 PM
Ah okay I'll admit I forgot about night time chats, that makes creating a code less scummy.

Creating a code in thread is bad for a few reasons.
First people could think they understand the code, but be getting different meanings from it. Thus not really understanding it.
Second the mafia could pick up on the code and damage the town
Third You could create the code with the mafia which would be just as bad.
Fourth If it was created in thread I'd assume it would be based on some form of meta. Being new I'd have no idea what that was and would be left out.

However, creating a code in BTSC (Behind the scenes chat) isn't scummy imo. While mafia could be in chat with you and create the code, it is less likely for them not to slip up in my view.

Okay thanks for answering the role claiming question. I don't usually claim and my main site doesn't allow role claiming so I always check.
03-31-2016, 01:34 PM
I think the only major issue I'd see with codes is that mafia could lie about secret knowledge by, say, killing the cop they had a chat with and then revealing their 'results'. I mean, the visiting thing is already going to be a mess anyways so I guess confusion could be a really big deal (especially if there are a ton of different codes going around).

So Sig you're not a fan of RVS, that's cool. What are you a fan of (more specifically, who aren't you a fan of)? What is your opinion on donut and Vancho? What about dC? Me/Acio?
03-31-2016, 01:41 PM
(03-31-2016 11:21 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  (one thing i don't get is since your role is "odd number of majority visits" which implies you don't leave game through visits how saying "i don't think we should visit this guy" leaves you until endgame but w/e)

I don't understand what you're asking here but it works like this:

If I visit somebody in the night, that person gets a mark.
If somebody visits me in the night, they get a mark.
If somebody visits me twice or if we both visit each other, then the first mark cancels out the second and they don't like me anymore.
Once 51% of the players "like" me, then I leave the game with a win.
Therefore, the ideal is for everybody in the game to visit me exactly one time, unless I've already visited them once before in which case no thanks I'm good.

Tumblr/Steam
03-31-2016, 01:52 PM
donut and Vancho? What about dC? Me/Acio?

Like I said I liked Coldblooded point on Vancho, it was accurate and he did seem slightly scummy. At the same time, not knowing anyone's playstyle I could see Cold being mafia and trying to set up Vancho. So those are two players I plan to watch.

dC = dichotomousCreator?

If so I'd say he/she is null. They haven't done anything that makes me think mafia, but also nothing very civvy. I like that he has been active and questioned the Gran voters, but that is mainly since I'm not seeing Gran as mafia. However, they then backtracked and voted for Gran anyway, then he switches around and goes back to Gran.

I've got no solid read of you, donut, or Acio. Though I was pinged by donut saying GX made an easy lynch post.

Reading it over again, I do dislike Nova voting for Gran, but it seems like he always does this.

So right now I'd be fine voting for dC or Vancho. I think Granolaman might be
town.

One other question is there any way to Isolate someones post? So I'd just see the posts they've made to this thread?
03-31-2016, 02:09 PM
Nova has requested replacement

Day 1 ends in ~25 hours
03-31-2016, 02:27 PM
(03-31-2016 01:41 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  
(03-31-2016 11:21 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  (one thing i don't get is since your role is "odd number of majority visits" which implies you don't leave game through visits how saying "i don't think we should visit this guy" leaves you until endgame but w/e)

I don't understand what you're asking here but it works like this:

If I visit somebody in the night, that person gets a mark.
If somebody visits me in the night, they get a mark.
If somebody visits me twice or if we both visit each other, then the first mark cancels out the second and they don't like me anymore.
Once 51% of the players "like" me, then I leave the game with a win.
Therefore, the ideal is for everybody in the game to visit me exactly one time, unless I've already visited them once before in which case no thanks I'm good.

I'm guessing that most people read it as "the majority of the players have visited you and also an odd number of players have visited you" rather than "the majority of the players have visited you an odd number of times")

03-31-2016, 02:48 PM
HI IM HERE AND IM GONNA POST SORRY but just one thing though

(03-31-2016 09:36 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  it's just D1 votes. Like, keep making cases and taking stances and stuff and the votes will likely go elsewhere.

HAHAHAHAHA do you know how that did not work out for me at all. still have a phobia of being lynched D1 but I think I'm over it.

[Image: sig.gif]
03-31-2016, 02:54 PM
Just claim doc it'll be k

@Sig quick question: Is lynching nullreads standard D1 policy for you?

03-31-2016, 03:01 PM
ew, mechanics talk

ew, 3p claiming

ew, dC's vote jumping around and especially onto Acionyx for trying to get him to talk. it's uhh... D1. vote: dichotomousCreator

ew, donut's vote on me too but tbh i'm not even sure what's up with that. probably just had to shuffle his vote on someone else really quick.

one thing i do like is Granola's new nickname of Gran. I might call him Gran-Gran.

03-31-2016, 03:05 PM
Okay you get the Pala question: What do you LIKE about what's been posted so far?

03-31-2016, 03:15 PM
Pala is decent. cracking down on folks and stuff. Sig made a good entry.

donut and Vancho both look weird. I think donut is probably in the clear, though. His vote was probably RVS-ish, honestly, and Vancho was too harsh on him. Like, he's jumping at a chance to lead a lynch.

I dislike that 3p claim so much that I simply cannot take anything Coldblooded seriously. Sorry, but he just isn't on our side. Would be down to lynch later on.

Everyone else is null (read: not good. not bad either, but not good)

03-31-2016, 03:25 PM
(03-31-2016 01:52 PM)Sig Wrote:  One other question is there any way to Isolate someones post? So I'd just see the posts they've made to this thread?
Sadly no, we don't have a fancy post sorting mechanic here, also as a reminder for when you want to vote Sig, just bold your vote like the others have been doing, and you can change this as much as you need to, even vote to not lynch if you want.

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
03-31-2016, 03:38 PM
Go to sleep, damnit
Votals:
Nova(2): Pala(123), Druple(150)
DC(2): Acio(129), Garuru(180)
Druple(1): donut(161)
donut(3): Vancho1(136), Coldblooded(149), dC(152)
Pala(1): Nova(146)

Abstaining(4): GX, Sig, Idea Master, Granola

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch, 4 to soft lynch.

~23 hours remaining

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
03-31-2016, 03:58 PM
Actually you sort of can - if you select their username and then 'find all posts' you'll get a list, though it'll be of all posts everywhere so I don't think it'd help much.

Sig, what do you think of dC/my points on Vancho (especially versus Nova)? Is there anyone you'd vote for?
03-31-2016, 04:32 PM
Lynch: Garuru

(03-31-2016 03:01 PM)Garuru Wrote:  ew, mechanics talk

ew, 3p claiming

ew, dC's vote jumping around and especially onto Acionyx for trying to get him to talk. it's uhh... D1. vote: dichotomousCreator

ew, donut's vote on me too but tbh i'm not even sure what's up with that. probably just had to shuffle his vote on someone else really quick.

one thing i do like is Granola's new nickname of Gran. I might call him Gran-Gran.

Question: what do you feel about DC's stances in general this game?
03-31-2016, 04:58 PM
Yo @icanhasdonut Druple's characterization of the OMGUS vote he's voting Nova for is that the justification is factually wrong, which is worse than it being entirely unjustified. Does that change how you view it at all?

03-31-2016, 10:14 PM
He's just super noncommitted to his vote. Example: That one bit where he voted Granola for talking about mechanics after he questioned Nova for doing so. Then he immediately switched to Acionyx for lurking?? Trying to please the right people maybe.

04-01-2016, 02:57 AM
(03-31-2016 03:58 PM)Palamedes Wrote:  Actually you sort of can - if you select their username and then 'find all posts' you'll get a list, though it'll be of all posts everywhere so I don't think it'd help much.

Sig, what do you think of dC/my points on Vancho (especially versus Nova)? Is there anyone you'd vote for?

Okay thanks Sprit and Palamedes.

I looked over your points on Vancho, I liked them. It has me reconsidering my suspicion of Vancho. I don't recall dC's points, so I'll look them over later when I have more time.
Nova asking for a replacement makes me less likely to vote for him. Unless Nova hates to be mafia and would replace out simply since he hates being a baddie. I've met a player like that before, but it is very uncommon.
Coldblooded third party/independent claim is a little odd. I tend to view third parties as suspicious and wouldn't care if they get lynched. So I really don't see a plus of Coldblooded third party claim.

I guess if I had to pick someone to vote for right now. It would be either DC or Nova. I've already stated some of my thoughts on dC and while I'd be less likely to lynch Nova, I can see the argument agaisnt him and lynching someone who is gone wouldn't be to bad, unless we can get a replacement. Also if I vote for dC/Nova it will tie the vote, when it is possibly to change votes I like to tie the lynch just to see how players react.

Seeing how donut is leading in votes I'll look into him again. I don't recall seeing anything scummy from him, but it is only day1.

@dC I will if I don't have any mafia reads.
04-01-2016, 03:29 AM
(04-01-2016 02:57 AM)Sig Wrote:  Coldblooded third party/independent claim is a little odd. I tend to view third parties as suspicious and wouldn't care if they get lynched. So I really don't see a plus of Coldblooded third party claim.

Several of my last few games here as town have ended with me getting shot N1 by scum. Not claiming means that I have to spend the rest of game walking a tightrope between 'too scummy to kill' and 'too townish to lynch' while ALSO managing to draw in enough attention to get visited by a large fraction on the playerbase.

And even then my best bet would probably be to just wait until MYLO and then throw my lot in with whichever team I have more marks on. Which as mentioned before, would be super shitty and probably ruin the game for everyone else.

Frankly I like my odds a lot better if I just play with all my cards face up from the beginning.

Tumblr/Steam
04-01-2016, 04:06 AM
Okay then, thanks for answering.

I wouldn't want to lynch Cold today.
04-01-2016, 07:02 AM
(03-31-2016 10:14 PM)Garuru Wrote:  He's just super noncommitted to his vote. Example: That one bit where he voted Granola for talking about mechanics after he questioned Nova for doing so. Then he immediately switched to Acionyx for lurking?? Trying to please the right people maybe.

I'm not super fussed about getting a lynch today because I kind of agree with granola that letting stuff happen at night is pro-fun for this game but if there's someone who should be lynched it's probably garu

The above answer is just restating the case I made and indicates that he didn't bother to actually look into what I asked and it feels like he's piggybacking on me for a safe place to vote

also

Quote:donut and Vancho both look weird. I think donut is probably in the clear, though. His vote was probably RVS-ish, honestly, and Vancho was too harsh on him. Like, he's jumping at a chance to lead a lynch.

I dislike that 3p claim so much that I simply cannot take anything Coldblooded seriously. Sorry, but he just isn't on our side. Would be down to lynch later on.

Ew. I kinda feel like this is scum trying to predict a mislynch for credittimes.
04-01-2016, 07:28 AM
Okay so we've only got like 7.5 hours left and I'm down for a lynch on either Donut or Garuru right now since they both keep trying to set me up for a mislynch somewhere down the road but not today for some reason.

Vote Garuru

Tumblr/Steam
04-01-2016, 09:15 AM
@Sig - And is it usual for you to have no mafia reads D1? Also I at least am on donut because his stated reason for druple lynch doesn't really make sense (he said Druple voted Nova for unjustified OMGUS, when in fact Druple voted Nova for BADLY justified OMGUS) and what looked to me like voteparking on Garu.

@Garulynch - Not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand Acio has a point about Garu's push on me (and also it's a push on ME so taking advantage of me being a standard D1 mislynch maybe)

On the other hand, donut still hasn't answered my question and I feel like his scummy behaviour has been more egregious? I think I'm in the same boat as CB (i.e. donut or Garu today) but for different reasons.

Bleh. I don't want to give donut a free pass for the falsely justified Druple vote but I also don't want to give Garu a free pass for, y'know, trying to get me lynched >_>

Well, Garu's not getting a free pass with Acio/CB scrutinizing him but I'm pretty much the serious pusher on donut, so I'll stick with donut for now. Maybe if his answer is convincing enough to make me want him out of contention I'll switch over.

Actually @Vancho what's your reason for being on donut with me?

Also friendly reminder that Nova is up for replacement so lynching that slot is probably a bad idea? I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it, anyway, especially given it can't claim or anything in response.

04-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Hm. Could go for either as well but I'm feeling donut a bit more. Actually didn't have too many suspicions of Garuru despite pressure until post 188 where he sounded super unsure of his vote like he was looking for approval.

Vote: donut

Really don't like the Druple vote (since Druple is ostensibly right in their reasons for voting Nova at the very least as they knew at the time) and I'd sort of like to see where Garuru/dC going after people for doing the same things as them goes.
04-01-2016, 09:41 AM
(04-01-2016 09:27 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Really don't like the Druple vote (since Druple is ostensibly right in their reasons for voting Nova at the very least as they knew at the time) and I'd sort of like to see where Garuru/dC going after people for doing the same things as them goes.

Can you explain that a bit more?
04-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Which part? I think donut's jump on Druple has no real reason behind it beyond maybe showing he's not just wasting his vote on a side lurker (and instead wasting it on a lynch that isn't going to happen on its own and he isn't even trying to push). Post 188 is the major part of what I mean for the next thing - Garuru's non-committal vote for dC being non-committal, while dC voted donut for parking his vote despite doing so on both Granola and (to a slightly lesser extent) you. Further on that I'm not seeing anything where dC really follows up or pushes any of his votes in the slightest beyond his most recent post which feels like more of a justification for not voting Garuru than it does voting donut though I skimmed so I could be missing something.

Also regarding donut, this gem I completely missed (and almost missed again, because skimming):

(03-31-2016 11:21 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  i dislike druples vote more just out of the fact that discrediting a vote w/ some reasons as omgus is scummy fmpov
(03-31-2016 07:51 AM)Nova Wrote:  Nah actually

I have a better idea

Vote Pala

So you're tunneling me for tunneling, huh? Can't come up with any better targets than the guy who can't come up with any better targets? Bullshit. Found 'em, boys.

Where exactly is the reason(s) you're talking about in this vote, noting that I wasn't ever actually tunneling (as has been pointed out already)?
04-01-2016, 10:28 AM
acio, i was literally just looking at dc's posts #109 and #114, and came to the conclusion that they look bad. signature vote hopping. why are you voting me for it? because you said the same thing?? this is such an incredibly flawed idea that i dont even know where to begin.

04-01-2016, 10:32 AM
So now I feel kinda bad for making Nova quit. Anyway; no one else is voting him, he isn't around to make more people vote for him anymore and the day is ending pretty soon; so there's not much of a reason to keep my vote on him.

Vote: Donut, for reasons I've stated before. DC is also up there for the same reasons stated by Pala and Garuru. But I'm unsure whether there's enough people to actually lynch him and this will likely be my final post for the day, so I can't vote DC and change to Donut if it doesn't pan out.

Acio doing some weird roundabout attempt to protect DC is pretty suspicious too. Should probably wait until DC flips before lynching him, though.
04-01-2016, 11:00 AM
I feel more like you happen to find dC suspicious over Garuru, while Acio finds the opposite. What about his opinion makes you think it's roundabout protection?