Replace the Introduction Junction forum with an Introduction Junction thread
10-27-2015, 04:04 PM
Replace the Introduction Junction forum with an Introduction Junction thread
Exactly what it says in the title. There's thread after thread in the Introduction Junction forum, and those threads aren't going to be used for anything else later. It would be a space saver to just have one thread for ALL introductions.
10-27-2015, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2015 04:42 PM by Coldblooded.)
RE: Replace the Introduction Junction forum with an Introduction Junction thread
But if we really merge all of those threads then what will end up happening to the worst thread of all time????

(Actually I'm not really opposed to this idea at all, but as it stands right now the introduction thread is embarrassingly still the fourth most commonly used subforum here right now and it's not like forum space is at a premium here anyways. We really should try to use the general discussion forums more often though, they all look so lonely and miserable right now.)

Tumblr/Steam
10-28-2015, 03:58 AM
RE: Replace the Introduction Junction forum with an Introduction Junction thread
Leave the worst one(s) seperate maybe?
10-28-2015, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2015 04:08 AM by Palamedes.)
Everyone having their own created thread, no matter how small, makes it easier to hunt down and eliminate dissenters against our unjust rule.

But seriously I don't think it would be awful to merge and deal with the fallout, though iirc we actually started with introductions as just a single thread and had some reason to split it all up. Though I can't remember for the life of me what it was.
10-28-2015, 05:08 AM
(10-28-2015 04:06 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  But seriously I don't think it would be awful to merge and deal with the fallout, though iirc we actually started with introductions as just a single thread and had some reason to split it all up. Though I can't remember for the life of me what it was.

I did a bit of searching through the sparse backlog of the Site Feedback subforum, and all that I could find was this:

(04-05-2013 09:34 AM)Chocolate Pi Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 09:32 AM)Deceptive Wrote:  I see no need for there to be a whole forum for introductions. It seems silly that every new person would make a thread for themselves that will barely be posted in or read. Having one introductory thread made a lot more sense.

This is largely intended as a temporary, migratory feature.

Whooooooooooooops.

(Interestingly that same thread also had a poll where the new users voted 18 to 1 in favor of having a single thread rather than a whole introduction forum, and the sole dissenting vote is from someone who doesn't even use these forums anymore.)

Well what can we say, inertia is a very powerful drug.

Tumblr/Steam
10-28-2015, 05:51 AM
I missed that, but was specifically referencing this:

(04-04-2013 02:05 PM)Chocolate Pi Wrote:  An introductory forum now exists over yonder.

The early change from single thread to subforum with no explanation for the change.

If nobody's against it we could probably look into just merging it all into a giant blob. It'd be a little bit of a nightmare to do (since I think threads have to be merged one at a time) but who knows, we could make a game out of it.
11-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Amalgamate away I'd say
03-16-2016, 07:07 AM
After much too long of a wait, Introduction Junction has finally been destroyed and its threads merged and moved to general chat. Any feedback on the change or suggestions are, as always, appreciated and considered.